Kind of new here, so here goes..

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GoodForNothing

Reaction score
Hi, my name is David, and I am 18 years old. I suffer from loneliness, depression, and maybe anxiety. Almost everyday suicide is on my mind. I have almost no friends, no girlfriend, no 'grades', nothing. All I have is a dysfunctional family that hardly talks to each other without it ending up in an argument.

The one or two friend(s) I have left, have already started their lives with a part-time job and college, while I'm sitting here wallowing about. I haven't finished high school yet, but I'm trying to finish that in continuation school.

I feel like I just lay around, taking up space, making absolutely zero use of myself. I've come to the point where I welcome death. If I were to die, at any time, I wouldn't care. I feel like I don't matter to anything, or anyone, nothing but a burden. I've even been eating less, to conserve food that would go to waste if I ate it.

Well, I don't want to waste anymore of anyone's time, since I'm just rambling on about a bunch of crap.

-Have a good one.

Hi David :)

GoodForNothing said:
Well, I don't want to waste anymore of anyone's time, since I'm just rambling on about a bunch of crap.

That's what we are here for :p

^ Yes, welcome. Stick around, chat and maybe we can help you get back on track. We don't bite (much) so join in, try the chat room as well if you feel up to it.

Welcome abroad, you are still too young to be this disappointed in life, you still have lots of years ahead of you for girls and college and career decisions, don't be so hard on yourself just yet, you are at the best stage of human life, so with a little willpower you can make the most of it. ;)

GoodForNothing said:
I feel like I just lay around, taking up space, making absolutely zero use of myself. I've come to the point where I welcome death. If I were to die, at any time, I wouldn't care. I feel like I don't matter to anything, or anyone, nothing but a burden. I've even been eating less, to conserve food that would go to waste if I ate it.

Hey, I felt also like that, but you have to think that you are special, and you deserve to live on this planet, like everyone!

Welcome to the forum. You are too young to feel like that, hopefully you find what you need.

Hey David, welcome to the forum. Hope you'll find some comfort here and you'd feel better. Please take care.

Hi David and welcome to the forum. I hope that we can give you some of the support and comfort you need.
It doesn't sound to me as though you are wallowing about. You are going to continuation school in order to finish high school, so you are really making an effort to sort out your life. Hopefully in a year or so's time you will be at college as well and holding down a part time job like your friends. It is frustrating to feel that you are a step behind others, but you will catch up with them.

GoodForNothing said:
Hi, my name is David, and I am 18 years old. I suffer from loneliness, depression, and maybe anxiety. Almost everyday suicide is on my mind. I have almost no friends, no girlfriend, no 'grades', nothing. All I have is a dysfunctional family that hardly talks to each other without it ending up in an argument.

The one or two friend(s) I have left, have already started their lives with a part-time job and college, while I'm sitting here wallowing about. I haven't finished high school yet, but I'm trying to finish that in continuation school.

-Have a good one.

I feel you although Im 11 years older.

Broken_n_Lost said:
GoodForNothing said:

-Have a good one.

I feel the exact same. I wish everyday something would happen to me that would end my life. I feel there is no reason for me to be here except to be miserable.

Hi David and welcome to the forums. I can very much relate to just how ordinary and down our lives can be when we feel that we're not making little or any progress at all for that matter. However, I would suggest you try and find the willpower to push on with life, achieve what you can now and look for opportunities ahead in the future. After all, you're still young and if anything, the setbacks we take in as our life progresses may be the stepping stones we need towards bigger things in life especially in terms of opportunities for success.

Latest posts

Back