Lets see the Faces!!!

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Have I stepped into an alternate version of this forum where no one is entitled to an opinion unless it matches the majority?

I may not agree with Triple Bogey's post, but he's as entitled to an opinion as the rest of us. Many people have stated in the past that their sole reason for not posting a picture is because they don't like the way they look - so obviously his statement is true to some extent. It's just not that way for everyone.

He didn't attack anyone personally and he didn't resort to petty insults or thinly-veiled threats, so he doesn't deserve to be jumped on. I'd rather have someone voice their opinion - even when it differs from my own, than have people attempt to dominate and humiliate other forum members.

user 130057, you know I respect you and I totally get what you're saying.

It's fine to have an opinion, but the way he worded that was as though he's speaking for everyone who has not posted. And that's not right. You can have opinion - "I think people don't post cos they don't think they look good" - that's fine. But to say what he said, it means differently altogether, in my opinion. To me that was kind of an insult, its like he is saying I don't look good enough and that's the reason why I have not put up a picture in this thread.

I'm not trying to humiliate him or dominate anything, neither do I think the others who have commented are doing that. I just feel the need to speak up for things that I know are not true. That's all. I'm sorry if it has offended anyone, but I still think it wasn't very nice of him to assume such a thing and say so.

user 130057 said:
Have I stepped into an alternate version of this forum where no one is entitled to an opinion unless it matches the majority?

I may not agree with Triple Bogey's post, but he's as entitled to an opinion as the rest of us. Many people have stated in the past that their sole reason for not posting a picture is because they don't like the way they look - so obviously his statement is true to some extent. It's just not that way for everyone.

He didn't attack anyone personally and he didn't resort to petty insults or thinly-veiled threats, so he doesn't deserve to be jumped on. I'd rather have someone voice their opinion - even when it differs from my own, than have people attempt to dominate and humiliate other forum members.

^^^ +1
TB's post didn't sound like an insult to me, may have been poorly worded though. Sounds like what he was getting at is some people don't like the way they look so they don't post pictures. Everyone has their own opinion of themselves. I don't think he was directing that at anyone.

ladyforsaken said:
I'm not trying to humiliate him or dominate anything, neither do I think the others who have commented are doing that.

lol that's totally what you guys did, (IMO... of course).
I don't agree with his post either, but there are nicer(?) ways to deal with this kind of issue. *shrug*

I was not referring to your post, LadyF. You did not word your message offensively or attempt to dominate or humiliate, TB. You just have a different opinion - and I'm all for that, because you're as entitled to your opinion as TB is to his.

Adding "I think" to the front of his posts would be irrelevant and redundant, because everything he 'says' is opinion by definition. He might have been intending to insult people and he might not have intended anything at all - it's impossible to tell from the few short words that he posted.

I both like and respect you, but I find it sad that you would +1 Ero's post when it is both offensive and insulting. It's not what I expected of you even if you did feel offended by TBs post.

user 130057 said:
I was not referring to your post, LadyF. You did not word your message offensively or attempt to dominate or humiliate, TB. You just have a different opinion - and I'm all for that, because you're as entitled to your opinion as TB is to his.

People can have opinions as much as they like, but don't expect nobody to challenge them, or state their disdain. He made a generalization and implied several untruths. Regardless of if it was wrong or not, you are right, it is his opinion. But it's a terribly worded, piss-poor one.
Sorry for not being rainbows and smiley faces.
He gave his opinion, I gave mine.

Ero said:
user 130057 said:

People can have opinions as much as they like, but don't expect nobody to challenge them, or state their disdain. He made a generalization and implied several untruths. Regardless of if it was wrong or not, you are right, it is his opinion. But it's a terribly worded, piss-poor one.
Sorry for not being rainbows and smiley faces.
He gave his opinion, I gave mine.

No, you were needlessly insulting, offensive, demanding and threatening. He merely gave an opinion, you gave an opinion and then attacked him. It's the attack I have a problem with - not the challenge to his opinion.

user 130057 said:
No, you were needlessly insulting, offensive, demanding and threatening. He merely gave an opinion, you gave an opinion and then attacked him. It's the attack I have a problem with - not the challenge to his opinion.

Funny thing is, I held back.
You may not have seen it as an insult, but I sure did, Lady sure did, as well as several others.

He said it in response to lady's post. It wasn't in response to anything, It had no purpose. He just said it to say it. It was unprovoked, and blatantly an insult to her, and subsequently, to anybody else who doesn't want to post their picture

I'm sorry that you don't see that.
We'll just have to disagree.
I'm finished with this.

You have chosen to interpret his words in that way. Your message was not open to interpretation. I don't agree with his opinion either, but that doesn't mean I'm going to stand back while you attack him personally and attempt to dominate him.

We should end this here. We're derailing the thread and many good threads have ended up being closed after they've turned into a train wreck.

Look, you guys. Stop it. I'm not gonna say anymore after this but I just have to get this off my chest.

Firstly, no one should expect me to be a certain way just because people see me a certain way on this forum. I have my reasons for backing up whoever's post and if I'm entitled to my opinion, I shouldn't be expected to be any way whatsoever. I should be able to be myself. That saddens me that people expect me to be a certain way just because.

Secondly, I saw that as an insult to me, and to whoever who hasn't posted a pic - so I called out on it because I didn't agree. Just as anyone else would. Maybe there was a better way of dealing with it, but I did it the best way I could. So if anyone feels that it was domination or anything of that sort, forgive me for not being perfect in my ways around here. Do show me what a better way would be, then.

Thirdly, I say things and support things for a reason and anyone on this forum who knows me well enough, would know that I don't treat others unfairly as best as I can and don't try to dominate anyone for any reason whatsoever. I try to do what's right. Again, if that is faulty here, jeez, I'm sorry ladyforsaken has an opinion or supports someone for something.

user 130057 said:
I don't agree with his opinion either, but that doesn't mean I'm going to stand back while you attack him personally and attempt to dominate him.

That's exactly what Ero did for me.

I'm not saying he's wrong for that. I'm saying he's wrong for attacking him in an offensive, insulting and borderline threatening manner. Either way, I'm finished here in all senses of the word.

Let's not resort to tossing out names, yeah? Just because one might disagree with what someone says doesn't mean it's right for them to start insulting. Two wrongs didn't make it right.

user 130057 does look good

Outcast said:
user 130057 said:

^^^ +1
TB's post didn't sound like an insult to me, may have been poorly worded though. Sounds like what he was getting at is some people don't like the way they look so they don't post pictures. Everyone has their own opinion of themselves. I don't think he was directing that at anyone.

I was directing it at myself mostly. I wouldn't insult anybody or didn't mean to anyway. Just an off the cuff, throw away observation.

Triple Bogey said:
user 130057 does look good

Outcast said:
user 130057 said:

^^^ +1

I was directing it at myself mostly. I wouldn't insult anybody or didn't mean to anyway. Just an off the cuff, throw away observation.

Don't worry TP. I understand how you feel. I don't much like posting pics of myself here either. I've had an experience in the past where people abused my pic and posted it on a bodybuilding forum to make fun of it.

People have nothing better to do with their lives...

Latest posts

Back