life over again fantasy

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

isthatso

Trannie
Reaction score
Did you ever fantasise about a second chance? choices you made or circumstances different? here's one of mine.

Instead of being preoccupied with rugby, I study harder at high school. My mother encourages and monitors my progress. (this time she is a former school teacher herself and knows the value of a good education)
My parents have self-confidence and are interested in self-improvement. They constantly remind me of my ability and all I need is a can-do attitude. They encourage me to get a part-time job at college and often talk about my career options. they remain flexible and supportive.
I see girls/women as just human and don't put them on pedestals. I rarely obsess over any particular girl. I have girlfriends but they are not the whole meaning of my life. I just learn to enjoy their company and feel relaxed with them. meanwhile I get on with my study/career and hobbies.
My hobby is guitar but this time I really believe I have the ability to play well, above average. And I practice every day for 5 years until I can master finger picking blues.slide like Ry Cooder/Leo Kottke. Also pentangle folk style. I gain confidence to even perform at some folk /blues festivals.

I choose psychology as a course of study. get post grad. quals. and become a counsellor/psychologist. I also develop my writing skills. Later in my forties I do my own research and publish ideas I have on new ways to maintain mental health. Books are reasonably popular.
Mental health. I come to terms with my own issues such as shyness, self-doubt and religious guilt. With help of my parents and counsellors in late teens, I really address these issues and they rarely bother me from then on. This achievemnet becomes the cornerstone of my career and research as I can motivate other shy people to do the same. I never let negativity overwhelm me again.
I marry and have 4 kids. Two girls and two boys. Wife is supportive and I am supportive of her. She is a vet and introduces me to the healing power of dogs. Now I love dogs too.
Our household is noisy and crazy often but there is always lots going on. Never bored. Problems with kids are never huge. We turn out to be very good parents.
I meditate every day. This makes me a positive force everyday to all I meet.

Yeah I have regrets sadly but mine are a bit too personal to mention.

I definitely relate to wanting a second chance.

I just wonder. Do really happy successful people think like this? I mean have regrets? Ponder on how life should have been? Start a thread on imagining a second chance?
no I guess not.:(
Danger of idealism?

Latest posts

Back