Lonely Cause I'm Sad and Sad Cause I'm Lonely

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Down In A Hole

Reaction score
I'm new to the website. I've always been quiet and I usually keep to myself. I'd much rather tend to my own thoughts than talk to other people about jobs, money, and politics. Don't get me wrong. I love spending time with other people. I just don't fill the air with noise. I find that most people take that silence as judgement on them, or they think I'm on drugs. Instead of the usual conversations about sex, gossip, and careers, I like talking about how to become a better person. I talk about colors and nature and simple things. I often find myself sitting silent when my friends are talking trash about someone else. I may not know the person. Hell I might not even care for them myself. Still, I don't think it's right. After a while, the group of friends I'm with expects me to say something. All I can say is, "I have nothing to contribute to this conversation".

I've been sad for years because I can't seem to find a good group of friends that I can share my life with. But nobody wants to be friends with a sad dude.

Welcome to the forum. At your age you'll probably have to put up with that kind of behaviour for a few more years.

Hey there, welcome to the forum. I am usually in your situation too, not really knowing what to add to the conversations going on. I used to get uncomfortable about it but now I don't really think of it as an issue (maybe it is but oh well), it helps to get me by without feeling upset about it. Hope you will get to make some friends here who gets you. :)

Sci-Fi said:
Welcome to the forum. At your age you'll probably have to put up with that kind of behaviour for a few more years.

This. Sucks how this is just allowed to happen eh? I guess its down to us to change things.

Sci-Fi said:

is that your way of convincing people to stay on the forum ?
hah just kidding.

Welcome to the club

Hello and welcome to the forum! =) I know how you feel about being sad, I suffer with lots of sadness as well.
Please pm me if you want to talk or anything.

Welcome and u shld feel very proud for being true to yoself. It's very easy to circum to pressure in order to retain friendships. Down the line u will find people whom u can connect and share common interest with. Till then tolerate the friends u have, try and focus on what brought u together as friends as opposed t yo differences.

I'm glad you made it to this forum. I'm new here as well, and I have really enjoyed my stay so far. You'll get great feedback on your posts from people who genuinely care. :)

Latest posts

Back