lonely

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well its that time of year again...

Sad and suicidal
Again like before instead of making a new topic I thought i would just continue my old one.

I want to take my life by I just dont have the courage to. I dont want to mess up and live with the consequences. I have no idea why i am writing this. I am really angry yet I dont know what at!?
I know my parents are so disappointed in me. So I feel me not been here anymore would make things just right. in the last 12months I have lost:
112Lbs
8 Stone (as i live in England)

yet not once has either of my parents made a comment about it, I make "looking for suicide partner" topics on suicide websites and they get deleted... makes no sense... as other people do the same and they stay on (very strange)
I have no "life Skills" or "job skills"

I dont feel sorry for my self one bit. and nor do I want sympathy... I just want to end it all
I know by typing it wont make it happen. I just had to say them things and get them off my chest... as how do you tell people in person "I want to kill my self"

Thank you if you read this

You want a suicide partner or a suicide PREVENTION partner?
I'll make a comment about losing weight, you must be looking great :)

I bet you want a _PARTNER_ not a suicide partner. A friend or something else. And as messed as it sounds, you don't make friends in life by being negative. It's all about drinking the cool-aid and be a positive influence because everyone struggles with their demons.

Another tip, don't try to dilute your feelings with alcohol.. it is a depressant after all.

Maybe I am wanting a partner and not a suicide partner... who knows, I sure as hell dont know
Thank you for the weight loss comment.... shame my parents dont even acknowledge how much Ive lost in 12 months

Two weeks ago, almost 3 weeks ago me and my mother had a falling out... shes apologized but Ive just ignored her for almost 3 weeks... Somehow I feel that her waste of a space son does not deserve anything, especially any attention no matter how small it is

I actually make a forum post on another forum making a request for a suicide partner... I got afew emails... but none of them were local
Somehow I feel that jumping of a bridge/building with someone would make things soooo much easier

I am still unemployed and my existence so far has been pointless

I suppose I kind of use this topic as a blog really instead of posting and asking questions

Thank you for your time

Just saw this thread, and although it started a few years ago, I thought I'd throw in another 2 cents ....

I was quite shocked by some of the early responses. Wow. There are some insensitive people on here.

But I think I kind of understand what Vinny might mean about having a partner. It just a simple fact that physical contact with another person, and by that I mean things such as holding hands, a kiss, a cuddle, even a simple hug, are very important to our self-esteem. A hug can be quite a boost to someone's self-esteem. It makes us feel accepted. It makes us ... shows us ... that someone cares. And often, an action can speak a lot louder than just words. And a hug isn't just one-way. Or at least, it shouldn't be. Unfortunatly, most people like to cry the chicken or the egg excuse: you have to feel better before you can have the hug that will help you to feel better ....

Having someone to share the things and activities we enjoy with, is also very important to our self-esteem and confidence. That can be simple things as well, such as going to a movie, out for a meal, or even just for a walk. Huh, one thing I've noticed from many, many years of therapy, is that many people seem to think that loneliness, and depression, can be 'cured' by being even more alone, and feeling even more isolated. You can't just "get over" these things by simply telling yourself that you are (or can).

Having someone to talk to, regularly, online, can help too. Although it is more of a temporary solution .. or maybe not, if your lucky. I have found in the past, that having someone to talk to on an almost daily basis can, at the least, give a boost to motivation to go out and do things, so you have something to talk about.

Anyway, I hope your OK. You could always come down here to Australia. Women would probably love your accent down here.

I wish I could help in where to find these things. I've been looking for over 20 years, and still don't have anyone to go to a movie with, and I still don't know what a hug or a kiss feels like. Don't even have anyone to talk to regularly. Well, guess I'll shut up ... if anyone read this that is ....

That's why it's called a lonely life forum after all :p
Each of us is sometimes lonely in their own way.

Cucuboth said:
Just saw this thread, and although it started a few years ago, I thought I'd throw in another 2 cents ....

I was quite shocked by some of the early responses. Wow. There are some insensitive people on here.

But I think I kind of understand what Vinny might mean about having a partner. It just a simple fact that physical contact with another person, and by that I mean things such as holding hands, a kiss, a cuddle, even a simple hug, are very important to our self-esteem. A hug can be quite a boost to someone's self-esteem. It makes us feel accepted. It makes us ... shows us ... that someone cares. And often, an action can speak a lot louder than just words. And a hug isn't just one-way. Or at least, it shouldn't be. Unfortunatly, most people like to cry the chicken or the egg excuse: you have to feel better before you can have the hug that will help you to feel better ....

Having someone to share the things and activities we enjoy with, is also very important to our self-esteem and confidence. That can be simple things as well, such as going to a movie, out for a meal, or even just for a walk. Huh, one thing I've noticed from many, many years of therapy, is that many people seem to think that loneliness, and depression, can be 'cured' by being even more alone, and feeling even more isolated. You can't just "get over" these things by simply telling yourself that you are (or can). ....

I totally agree! Why do people give bad advice to the lonely? Telling them they have to be happy alone before they can have the company of others? That doesn't make sense. And hobbies are a distraction, not a cure for loneliness. Of course, one has to be somewhat positive in their thinking and attitude to attract a partner. Maybe what the OP needs right now is friends and then when things get better for him he can seek a partner. I know that for me friends are the most important because for a partner I'm picky who that will be.

Latest posts

Back