Lonlieness

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Annieblossom

Reaction score
I can't say that I'm exactly "lonely" and am working on figuring that out. For me, I'd have to say more correctly I feel frustrated at times than lonely at not meeting people with like minds or feelings, let alone a "life-story" as my own.

Is anyone else out there an adult only child of a sinlgle mother and never knew your father and has essentially no other relatives?

I have many other "issues", but I guess that's where it starts...I was born in '61, and whereas "illigitemacy" isn't a big deal anymore, it was a huge stigma when I grew up, and my mother, who was and still is at 89 years old, an emotionally withdrawn person and would not, did not, deem a discussion of my birth circumstances or father any of my business. Hmmmm, all makes for a stew of discontent, abandonment issues and lonlieness....I guess I could say I've always been lonely for a mother who was there, and a father I never had the oppurtunity to know, so, yes, I am lonely, lonely for parents, like a little kid (I'm 49) waiting to be adopted or for my real parents to come and "take me home" to a house fiiled with brothers and sisters....but I'd settle for a mother who would see fit to trust me, at this point, to talk of her life and mine in real terms. It's the denial of "herself" from me, which propels my feelings of lonlinees.

Wheeew, that was long winded...apologies

Welcome to the site.

No apologies needed. Welcome to the forum :) Just a thought, have you ever tried counseling to deal with your issues? And I think you are going to find many people here with similar thoughts and feelings.

hey, and welcome!
don't apologize, it's understandable and perfectly ok.

and... parents...
very very rarely understand just how much damage they do.

Latest posts

Back