Lost 20 lbs !

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sentiententity

Reaction score
Since last fall I've lost 20 lbs. the most recent 5 were thanks to tracking calories with the myfitnesspal app. 40 more to go!

It's amazing…
I need to lose only 10-12 and still, after a lifetime of dieting, I got disheartened and I just can't do it. Any tips?

Peaches said:
It's amazing…
I need to lose only 10-12 and still, after a lifetime of dieting, I got disheartened and I just can't do it. Any tips?

It's really easy to get frustrated and give up so don't feel bad Peaches. It happens to all of us. :)

If you are doing diet and exercise try setting a schedule. sometimes just having a set schedule to exercise is enough to get you going again. Another option (and the one I use) is to set goals for yourself. I started doing mud runs as a goal to work towards. I know the mud run is usually around 5K so i set a goal that i'm going to be able to run on the treadmill the 5K distance under a certain time by the time my mud run comes around. This year I set a more ambitious goal for myself, a triathlon (and if my hip rehab continues on pace I may have just enough time to get my legs back into shape to run). If you are not sure what exercises you should do, there are free apps out there that you can download workouts that others use so you can try them out (Jefit is what i use).

Also take a close look at what you are eating to see if there is something you are eating more of than you realize (that was my biggest issue). Do you eat out a lot? Most restaurant meals have a lot more calories then home cooked ones due to larger portions so look for healthier options or smaller portions.

I hope my ramblings made sense and that they can be of some use to you.

sentiententity said:
Tracking calories is what did it for me. I've still got another 20 to go before I'm at where i want to be.

That's what I did too. If I tracked what I used to eat, it's somewhere around 5-8000 calories a day! These days I eat healthily and keep it around the 1900 mark. I also exercise most days, but I'd have lost weight without that - it's just for fitness purposes. I've lost around 70lbs, so far and I still want to lose maybe another 16lbs.

For anyone that wants to count their calories, the 'myfitnesspal' app is a godsend. It takes the fuss out of keeping track of everything you eat.

Wow, congrats on your weight loss! :)
I'm a loser too. :D. I just finished losing 35 lbs on Weight Watchers and now a healthy weight - 5'9" & 167.

Keep up the good work and keep us updated! :) :)

-Teresa

Latest posts

Back