Missing Smilies?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

meekthoughts

Reaction score
[EDIT] Question answered by FunkyBuddha. Thanks!

FunkyBuddha said:
(wary) and such are used often in the chat where they do have smiley counterparts. Since most people know what's being referenced, the image isn't the important part but the expression behind it.

Type (wary) and (goo) when you're in chat to test 'em out.

I'm not sure, but after reading through posts since I joined a few days ago, I'm pretty sure there are some smilies that I don't see.

Examples include (goo), (wary), and some other ones I forget. All I see is the text which makes that smiley. But I can see standard ones like :), :shy:, :club:, etc.

How can I see the other smilies? Or are they not actually smilies but just commonly used expressions on this forum...

Some ppl well go search for there own Smilies to insert into their posts.
That's probs what your seeing :)
If you want to do that you just insert it into your post like you would any imagine of the net that you would like to show in your post

Hope that cleared things up for you
daydream-animated-animation-day-dream-smiley-emoticon-000404-large.gif

Bluey said:
Some ppl well go search for there own smileys to insert into their posts.
That's probs what your seeing :)
If you want to do that you just insert it into your post like you would any imagine of the net that you would like to show in your post

Hope that cleared things up for you
daydream-animated-animation-day-dream-smiley-emoticon-000404-large.gif

Hmm.. it doesn't seem that way though. I can see your image but I can't see the ones I'm referring to. Plus those ones are repetitively used by various different people. Also, while I'm replying to this message, I see that you inserted an image using the img and /img code. But when I reply to those posts, I don't.

(wary) and such are used often in the chat where they do have smiley counterparts. Since most people know what's being referenced, the image isn't the important part but the expression behind it.

FunkyBuddha said:

Ohhh, that makes sense. I've never actually been in a chat (would feel like I'm interrupting). Thanks for clarifying. :)

No problem.

You wouldn't be interrupting... not like anything productive or semi-intelligent goes on in there anyway (hehe).

Just jump on in either one and Private Chat with one of the mods. They usually have a white icon next to their username on the member list. They'll have to allow you to chat by making you a member and can answer any other questions.

meekthoughts said:
Hmm.. it doesn't seem that way though. I can see your image but I can't see the ones I'm referring to. Plus those ones are repetitively used by various different people. Also, while I'm replying to this message, I see that you inserted an image using the img and /img code. But when I reply to those posts, I don't.

I see, That sounds like it could be something to do with java or something. Hmmm not sure about that one though.

When you reply to a post do you see the little box on the left hand side with 11 smiles in?

Bluey said:
I see, That sounds like it could be something to do with java or something. Hmmm not sure about that one though.

When you reply to a post do you see the little box on the left hand side with 11 smiles in?

Yes, I do. And FunkyBuddha just recently answered the question (see his post). Thanks for trying to help out. :)

He he just to let you know you're not alone I asked this exact same thing just after I joined too! :shy:

annik said:
He he just to let you know you're not alone I asked this exact same thing just after I joined too! :shy:

Glad to know that. xD I wanted to ask sooner but I didn't want to seem noob.

Latest posts

Back