Moving away

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wanderer145

Reaction score
I'm leaving my family home next week to stay in a shared house in the City. I don't know the people in the house well at all as its just separate working individuals all living together. I've been meaning to go and live on my own since last year and finally got round to getting everything sorted out, but I can't help but think it will be a repeat of my postgrad year despite my efforts.

Back then it was go out to coffee shops a lot and read/draw barely talked to anyone and it was pretty miserable.

As well as that I realised I ended up walking around everywhere aimlessly and I sometimes wonder why I always seem to do this in the city. Its like there is no purpose to it, I don't really feel much better about myself just more confused because its alone time all the time! I really don't know where I'm going with this...-_-

I just have the fear life will slip back into days repeating themselves and having nobody to talk to...which is basically what it is now. I'm gonna try and join a few groups close to my interests to meet people, but the last few attempts have resulted in no one to make a connection with.

Has anyone else moved away to try and change their life?

Many, many, many times. Sometimes it has worked to change something about myself. Most of the time I end up just being the same person and doing the same things I've always done.

Latest posts

Back