My artwork

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You are extremely talented, best of luck to you. No more procrastination!

Katerina said:
Hello, I mentioned in my introduction here that I was quite creative so I thought I'd share a few of my paintings with you guys. I paint in oil paints on canvas and sometimes on hardboard. I hope you like them :)

concentration_by_katie_z-d74ceym.jpg

My latest painting:
catch_of_the_day_by_katie_z-d8btjnl.jpg

leopard_postcard_portrait_by_katie_z-d854kdt.jpg

And the one my avatar's from:
a_winter_s_day_by_katie_z-d80404c.jpg

Beuatiful, how I wish I could paint with such attention to detail. Oh how I would love one of those hanging in my house, it would brighten my day and I could loose myself from the physical pain I endure on a daily basis.

Thank you all for your comments and encouragement. I'm planning on contacting at least one gallery this week - saying that so I actually do it for once! I'm working on a new painting at the moment, so far the background is taking up my time but I hope to share it with you guys soon once it's moved on a bit.

Katerina,

YOUR ARTWORK IS ABSOLUTELY BREATHTAKING!!! YOU WERE BORN WITH A TALENT YOU MUST CONTINUE TO USE OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND.....

Finally, after much procrastination I contacted a local gallery!

They want me to bring my paintings in this week to have a look over. Feeling really pleased, even though they might still not want my artwork at least I've actually done something about it. I'm sure I'll be terrified on Wednesday when I have my appointment.

Wish me luck :)

Katerina said:
Finally, after much procrastination I contacted a local gallery!

They want me to bring my paintings in this week to have a look over. Feeling really pleased, even though they might still not want my artwork at least I've actually done something about it. I'm sure I'll be terrified on Wednesday when I have my appointment.

Wish me luck :)

Good Luck ! :)

Wow, those paintings are brilliant! I love the feeling of depth and the consistent "style". Very collectable I would say. Do you have a hidden trademark feature in them, like Terence Cuneo had with the hidden mouse in a lot of his paintings? If ever I have a brainstorm in the future and suddenly develop a burning urge to paint, I'd like to have a hidden trademark. Maybe it's too twee for some people though.

Grand Union said:
Wow, those paintings are brilliant! I love the feeling of depth and the consistent "style". Very collectable I would say. Do you have a hidden trademark feature in them, like Terence Cuneo had with the hidden mouse in a lot of his paintings? If ever I have a brainstorm in the future and suddenly develop a burning urge to paint, I'd like to have a hidden trademark. Maybe it's too twee for some people though.

Nah I just have a boring signature on mine. I've seen the hidden mouse paintings that you're talking about. It's such a cool idea to put in a little hidden detail like that which identifies the painter if you know what you're looking for, and I did have a little 'why didn't I think of something like that?' moment. :)

differentlonelygirl said:
Wooooow nice

Thank you :)

I will hopefully post the painting I've been working on tomorrow for you guys to have a look at. It's still very much a work-in-progress as I've spent most of my time on the background so far, but I hope you will like it.

Here's the painting I'm currently working on. Apologies as there is a bit of glare. I'm working on detailing the puma at the moment and it's still got a little way to go. Also working on a tree to the left which has been accidentally cropped a bit too much out of shot as well as the snow at the bottom of the painting.

Hope you like it.

puma_work_in_progress___by_katie_z-d8l6frr.jpg

Katerina your paintings are beyond awesome! I'm out of words. :)

Good luck selling them through the art gallery!

Anna

Sadly no luck with the gallery. They were positive at first but decided against it when I came in to pick up my paintings today. They were after more dramatic works than what I largely had which was more portraiture. I'm not too surprised as they are quite a contemporary gallery and she took some business cards off me in case visitors would be interested in pet portraits, and asked me to stay in contact, so that's something.

I'm not too bothered about it, it was the first place I contacted and I wasn't expecting to get as far as I did.

You are massively talented, Katerina! Wow! Are you working with graphic tablets? Even though I'm primarily a musician I do occasionally paint as well but nowhere near your perfection and skill. Brilliant paintings, Katy. :)

Latest posts

Back