My closest friends are moving across the country

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shinzoku

Reaction score
From Arizona to Mississippi. Now considering I grew up with one of them my entire life, and the other one (his fiance) is one of the few I can talk to about my loneliness, this is kind of heart shattering. :( I've been trying not to cry all day.

Hello Shinzoku, I am so sorry that this is happening. It is hard to deal with the sadness of friends moving away and even more so when we are very lonely and rely on them a lot to help us to deal with our loneliness. Although you will be able to stay in touch online and on the phone, it isn't the same as being able to meet up regularly. You should let yourself cry and grieve instead of keeping your tears bottled up inside. What you are feeling is completely normal.
How far is it from Arizona to Mississppi? (I don't live in America.)

I can completely sympathize with you..
when I was around 10yrs old, my 2 best friends that I knew most of my life, both moved away and I was kind of left to myself. my parents also separated that same year.
try to turn lemons into lemonade and use the change to better yourself. try to open yourself up to meeting some new people if you can and put yourself out there a bit.
never know.. it could be the beginning of your future.

hi Shinzoku, that is some bad news indeed :( in rare cases people stay in touch with skype, if they are friends of the heart, that is not people that listen to you only because you are around but because they choose you as a friend and hold you in high regard, then you will still be able to talk about your loneliness to them, even long distance. But, yeah, it completely sucks

Thanks guys. Gosh I'm just so sad, I don't know what to do with myself. During the summer I almost spent an entire month at their house; it's just so much fun! And their daughter is just absolutely adorable, I'm really going to miss them all. Not sure what I'm going to be doing very often, I can only draw so much! I can't go out and make more friends either; band takes up a majority of my time, and all the clubs at school just so happen to be during band. Which I'm not allowed to skip.

I'm sure I'll get over it soon. But just thanks guys.

Latest posts

Back