My lonely life.

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

loner

Reaction score
Hi. I don’t seek help here, just want to talk to someone, since I can’t do it in reality. I’m 27 years old. As far as I remember, I’ve always been extremely shy, beginning with early childhood. I always had very difficult social relationships in any community, no matter what it was (school, college, job etc). At school I was abused and I think that caused my psychic and nervous system to shatter. At that time first symptoms of panic attacks and social anxiety appeared and they worsened with time. So instead of the real world I’ve chosen virtual worlds like videogaming, movies, internet…
Now I’m suffering from social anxiety and severe depression. I have no friends and never had a girlfriend, even so I have nothing wrong with my appearance. I’m still living with my mom, while my former friends and classmates have their own families. Even my virtual worlds don’t give me a pleasure anymore. I feel down because I know that it’s a dead-end situation and I realize that it will not change, at least not in the near future. I’m starting to come to the idea that I don’t belong to this society and the world.
Sorry for grammar mistakes (if any) as English isn't my home language.

Unfortunately, abuse happens in school way too often. I wish kids knew how to stand up for themselves better while they're in school. But, it's nice that you found some escape at least in video games and the internet and such. And while you feel like it won't change now, things always get better. It just takes some time.

Welcome.

Welcome to the forum :)

Hey loner, there are things in what you wrote I can relate to - especially the escapism.... so I hope you find the beginnings at least of some friendships here...

I only been registered a week, but it's a cool site. At least there's people who kind of understand some of the shitty shitty social terror stuff... no-one I've met in real life ever seems to understand it.

:)

Hello Loner, I also hope you feel at home! It's not nothing you've been through and I hope I and this forum can help.

Nice meeting you loner and Welcome! That's what I used to do before. I used to just play video games and surf the net. After a long time, I slowly realized I was still empty and that just preoccupying myself with hobbies wasn't filling the need to be out there with others.

Hiya Loner. I am like you i'm 28 and i just registered to say HELLO ^_^.

Loner i'm the same as you. I too was bullied in school and it affected me socially. I stayed away from people even through High school and college. I live with my parents and am 28 years old. I have no girlfriend ever in my life. I have no friends other than my online videogame friends. But that is also getting old too. I've always been shy. Never knew how to talk to strangers and strike up a convo.

But i'm here now =D i have a new outlook on life. I just had a crash course talk with a great online friend. I signed up for a dating website and have been emailing a few of them. See if that works out. Even if nothing comes of it - at least i tried. I can PM you the link its free and works well. I'm gonna beat this and i want to see you beat this too.

Thanks to all. That's relieving to know that I'm not alone in this kind of situation.

ALL-Aksion, I signet up for a dating site as well, but I don't know why. Even if it comes to a date with a girl, I don't know how to behave myself since I never did that. I have no experience in that stuff.

loner said:
Thanks to all. That's relieving to know that I'm not alone in this kind of situation.

ALL-Aksion, I signet up for a dating site as well, but I don't know why. Even if it comes to a date with a girl, I don't know how to behave myself since I never did that. I have no experience in that stuff.

That's the spirit, loner!

ALL-Aksion said:
Hiya Loner. I am like you i'm 28 and i just registered to say HELLO ^_^.

Loner i'm the same as you. I too was bullied in school and it affected me socially. I stayed away from people even through High school and college. I live with my parents and am 28 years old. I have no girlfriend ever in my life. I have no friends other than my online videogame friends. But that is also getting old too. I've always been shy. Never knew how to talk to strangers and strike up a convo.

But i'm here now =D i have a new outlook on life. I just had a crash course talk with a great online friend. I signed up for a dating website and have been emailing a few of them. See if that works out. Even if nothing comes of it - at least i tried. I can PM you the link its free and works well. I'm gonna beat this and i want to see you beat this too.

Thanks ALL-Aksion for your sincere story. I hope you will feel welcome here!

My apologies for saying this but it seems you already found someone who you connect too :)

loner said:
Just logged in to say that nothing has changed in my life :(

Oh wow, I just noticed this thread was from 3 years ago, making you 30 now. I'm sure there has been at least a few minor changes in your life. I mean, your level of shyness has probably been reduced, and you have made at least a friend.... right?

Yeah, a few minor changes to the worse maybe, I'm completely on medications now (ADs and benzodiazepines), I can't live without them, but they don't do much help anymore (especially benzos, because I've got resistance to them). I haven't socialized a bit, still living with my mom and working at home, let alone that I'm still a virgin:(
Sometimes I take my bike or go out for a walk to places where there are as few or no people. Particularly cemeteries, they attract me for some reason)

loner said:
Yeah, a few minor changes to the worse maybe, I'm completely on medications now (ADs and benzodiazepines), I can't live without them, but they don't do much help anymore (especially benzos, because I've got resistance to them). I haven't socialized a bit, still living with my mom and working at home, let alone that I'm still a virgin:(
Sometimes I take my bike or go out for a walk to places where there are as few or no people. Particularly cemeteries, they attract me for some reason)

Aw man, I'm sorry to hear that. Maybe you start socializing with family members first. It's easier because you already know them. If you think you're ready, you can have a nice little chat with your neighbors, or even look up old pals from school to talk to. This way, you can eventually start talking to even strangers! You gotta take babysteps. Sometimes that's all it takes. You could try to apply for jobs at a local grocery store, or whatever? I'm sure you could find a job over there. Ah... you're worried about being a virgin? I personally have no urge to get rid of mine.. but that's just me. You know, there's nothing to be ashamed of. Sure, dudes will try to make fun of you, but that's their insecurity speaking. Don't mind those dudes. Whenever someone asks me the same question, I just reply with honesty and they respect it. I personally believe getting rid of your virginity doesn't mean a lot. Think about it rationally.. all you are doing is shoving a part of your body into someone else's. There's not much to it. You're making a huge deal out of it. You don't need sex in your life, unless you want to have a baby. I don't see why my peers are all about sex, though. I guess it's their pathetic way of trying to fit in somehow.

Latest posts

Back