My name's dave and I'm an alcoh...no wait

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jzinsky

Reaction score
Hey all, found this site during one of my "is there anything out there that CAN help me, google?" trips.

Hmm, about me, well I'm a 33 year old guy who's wondering if he's capable of social interaction without a set context. I mean I can ask for a bus ticket, or where the cheese aisle is, but other than that.. nothing...

It irks me greatly because I now spend most of my time either in my boring pointless waste of time job, or waiting to go in to my boring pointless waste of time job. I need someone to talk to, properly (not in the "could I have 20 cigs, and pump number 3 please" but actual conversation) but no idea where to start.

Anything else y'all need to know?

Hi there,

Sorry you feel detached, socially, and I hope you find some help or answers here.

Welcome to the site.

Ohai, social interaction has never really been my forte either, so I just don't bother with it most of the time :D (Does Internet count?)
Anyway welcome, I'm sure you'll find less trouble interacting here than in that nasty place called "real life" :p

True online interaction has never been as difficult, but the payoff's equal to the effort if you get me? I mean it's not like I can share my life through a cable... Well sometimes being on my own freaks me out, and I'll go somewhere there's people, only not too many people! Seeing people together makes me more sad that I'm not, so there I am at 3am in a supermarket because I'm scared to go anywhere more populated, and scared to go home...

Hey Dave, welcome to the forum.

Hope you'll find what you're looking for here and be able to make some friends. Are you from the UK? There's a bunch of people from the UK here.. so who knows, might find one near you. :)

Hey Dave, welcome.

I have social anxiety, so I know how you feel. Social awkwardness is something that has plagued me greatly, especially over the past 8 years.

Alienated said:
Hey Dave ! So are you a alcoholic ? I have recovered from that and am sober 7 years and 56 days. Do you need help with that ? I know that caused allot of problems, because when I quit, things got a lot better.

Hahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!! :D

Edit: Oops! I wasnt laughing at your sobriety - I was laughing because I bumped this old thread and I dont think the OP is actually an alocoholic. So sorry if it looked like I was laughing at you, Aliented!

EveWasFramed said:
... I decided to bump this one, lol. :D

I thought it was unusual that a second person used the same subject line.

Welcome again jzinsky :)

Welcome blacksmith :)

Latest posts

Back