Mystery Girl

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PlayingSolo

Reaction score
Sorry to keep making threads about this, it's just all that's on my mind lately...

I think this is the first time I've ever been really attracted to a girl for what I know about her personality, and not for something like looks (even though she is beautiful...although in a different way). But I'm thinking that maybe part of the reason I like her is that she's such a mystery right now. I had the thought that maybe the more I find out about her, the less I'll be attracted to her... And I realize I won't know unless I try and that I also might end up liking her even more after learning more about her. All In all I don't really know why I'm making this thread. Just gotta get this off my chest I guess.

I think part of this comes from my last and only relationship. I was with a girl for almost a year, and only realized after we broke up that I never really even liked anything about her personality and we had no common interests whatsoever and thus I wasn't really all that attracted to her. I have no idea why she liked me to be honest. I realized I was most likely only in the relationship because it was the first girl who ever showed any interest in me, so I took it and ran with it. Maybe I'm just scared of that happening again...

Like I said I dunno why I made this thread. Just can't stop thinking bout it and don't feel like I can tell anyone irl

That's okay,we all get insecure from time to time :) It's good to put it out there and get it off your chest.

I believe as long as you are getting on well with this girl and have things in common you shouldn't have any trouble worrying about what if you will not be attracted to her in the end. Life, and especially love is about taking risks. I mean how would you know if the chocolate bar will make you like chocolate more or less if you don't even try it.

I think you should just focus on getting to know this girl and let her do the same about you. No rush or anything. Feelings evolve gradually and i think what you were missing from the last relationship was being in love.

Now my friend falling in love is something that doesn't come expectedly..it reaches you out of the blue, one day you just wake up and realise all you can do is think of the other person, you feel like the world is a better place because they are around and somehow you just know that the smile on your face is because she feels the same way about you.

All i'm trying to say here is to go for it, get to know her and let things happen ;)

I know what this is like... (ofcourse the reasons for attraction will vary for everybody though)

I met a girl who just totally left me in shock. I could not believe my eyes. A load of my friends were all meeting at a pub to start the evening for a friends birthday party. I walked in, our eyes locked, I never even met her before but she said hi to me straight away and then suddenly hugged me for what seemed like eternity.

Me being a very shy and introverted person and her being also shy meant nothing happened. I was so shocked I basically ignored her the entire night because she confused me so much. Women do NOT hug me entirely out of the blue like that. It was not just her looks that was attractive but something more, I will NEVER forget her.

friendlyheart said:
Now my friend falling in love is something that doesn't come expectedly..it reaches you out of the blue, one day you just wake up and realise all you can do is think of the other person, you feel like the world is a better place because they are around and somehow you just know that the smile on your face is because she feels the same way about you.

I'm eagerly awaiting that day...haha

ShybutHi said:
I know what this is like... (ofcourse the reasons for attraction will vary for everybody though)

I met a girl who just totally left me in shock. I could not believe my eyes. A load of my friends were all meeting at a pub to start the evening for a friends birthday party. I walked in, our eyes locked, I never even met her before but she said hi to me straight away and then suddenly hugged me for what seemed like eternity.

Me being a very shy and introverted person and her being also shy meant nothing happened. I was so shocked I basically ignored her the entire night because she confused me so much. Women do NOT hug me entirely out of the blue like that. It was not just her looks that was attractive but something more, I will NEVER forget her.

That's a nice story :) From the sounds of it nothing else happened with you two?

PlayingSolo said:
That's a nice story :) From the sounds of it nothing else happened with you two?

Nope nothing happened, I still know her and she is actually (and has for several years now) been with an old friend of mine who I see every now and then. She invited me out countless times to see her on her own and also sometimes to see her and her bf. I just can not do it... I can not stand being around her because I am so attracted to her and I get very nervous. She does all sorts of strange thing with me too like if we are walking along she will always try and walk by me and create conversation even though she is very shy with me, she tries, even if her bf is walking along with us. She will try and sit by me when possible aswell... She also seems to turn up at places randomly on her own when I am there (but with mutual friends) which she normally would not do.

Problem is she is such a nice person, you know one of those people that are very moral, would not hurt a fly and does not like people who make drama. I can not tell if it is attraction or she is just being really nice for some reason because I am terrible at knowing if a woman is attracted. Either way it just does not matter in the end because she is too good for me and she is taken.

Sounds like she's just a really nice girl. I've been around girls like that. You know they're in a relationship but they make every effort to make you part of the group and try to make you feel comfortable. It's really nice but at the same time it kind of hurts, knowing that it's only friendship. Which isn't really a bad thing, but when you want something more it can feel like it

Well actually it is the other way around, I am the one who is part of the group so it can not be that. I either see her when I am with my close group of friends or we are with mutual friends. The little story I said about was actually before she was taken too. It is funny because she has similar interests, personality and even similar looks to me. lol
She is an incredibly nice person, yes, but still I just find it strange the way she has behaved around me because sometimes it is to the point that it is almost like she is ignoring her bf and also she does not do it with anyone else I know.
Maybe she does not even realize she does it?
I even got what seemed like a warning from her bf once but still that is an assumption on my part as it was just a very odd (especially because I have known the guy a very long time) comment for him to make...
Oh well, maybe if I acted upon something back in the day something could of happened between us but no point in thinking about that now.

ShybutHi said:
Well actually it is the other way around, I am the one who is part of the group so it can not be that. I either see her when I am with my close group of friends or we are with mutual friends. The little story I said about was actually before she was taken too. It is funny because she has similar interests, personality and even similar looks to me. lol
She is an incredibly nice person, yes, but still I just find it strange the way she has behaved around me because sometimes it is to the point that it is almost like she is ignoring her bf and also she does not do it with anyone else I know.
Maybe she does not even realize she does it?
I even got what seemed like a warning from her bf once but still that is an assumption on my part as it was just a very odd (especially because I have known the guy a very long time) comment for him to make...
Oh well, maybe if I acted upon something back in the day something could of happened between us but no point in thinking about that now.

You know sometimes i feel like beautiful moments like the one you had with this girl are best to kept in your heart, not asking questions, not asking why just better to left there. It's one of those memories that i'm sure can make you smile and feel like wow if that can happen then life is surely worthwhile :)

I had a kind of similar story i never saw the guy ever again. I was walking down the street and i got to these traffic lights, i had to stop and i just turn and looked behind me and there was this awfully cute guy and as he saw me he started smiling and i blushingly turned around. I waited there for what seemed like a life time and turned a few more times and smiled at each other, same when walking down the street after. But he took a turn to one of the streets and i never saw him again. For so long i blamed myself as to why i haven't said hi or something. But in the end i'm just happy that happened, it was a special moment and it always makes me smile to think about it.

PlayingSolo said:
friendlyheart said:

I'm eagerly awaiting that day...haha

Well you'll never know when it comes, love can surprise you quite often.
Just be patient my friend...though that's something i've never been good at;P

I know actually how a short relationship starts. I had some of the experiences that when a girl likes me, i will go for it. I didn't really think about her. Lets go back the girl you are interested, I think it is definitely to go further step like talking to her and to get to know her slowly. and then to check if you want to give it a shot. Just be yourself and don't do something extra or show off. i hope i can hear from you soon

Latest posts

Back