New to the forum...a little introduction

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

omarlittle

Reaction score
Hey all. So I came across this forum and I decided to give it a shot because it seems like a lot of people here are on the same boat as me. Let me just give a short introduction of my situation first...

I'm a 23 year old guy who just finished up school and just started a new job relevant to my field of study. It's a good job and for a starting salary, I'm making pretty good money I guess. But I'm still not too happy with my life...I've always been a quiet, somewhat introverted kid growing up and I think that's part of the reason why it was so hard making close friends growing up. All throughout middle school, high school, and college I made friends but they never seemed like the type of friends who I can talk to every day about any topic. As a result, now that I finished up school, I've grown apart from them, maybe only connect with them every now and day...but theres no real urge on either side to reconnect. I've never had a best friend. As a result, I'm sitting here worried about the lack of true friends I have at this age.

My shyness and lack of confidence has also made me terrible with the ladies. I always get flustered, nervous, and awkward whenever I talk to a pretty girl. And now I feel that it's super weird that at the ripe old age 23, I have never been with a woman.

Luckily I have a family that I love very much, but even with them I feel like I cant talk about this stuff...I dont want to burden them with my problems and I feel like its something I need to address by myself.

Bottom line is this: I like being alone, but I hate being lonely. Meaning, there are times where I do find pleasure in having my own personal "me-time" but I do wish I had someone, whether a girlfriend, or at least a couple of close friends that I can talk to about anything and do fun stuff with. I'm not depressed, rather I always look back at the past and regret things and opportunities that I felt I missed out on. And I'm constantly worried about what my future holds and if I'll feel like this forever. As a result I cant enjoy the present. And it certainly doesnt help seeing people on facebook enjoying their lives and doing things I wish I could do.

Sorry for this rambling rant...I understand if you decide to just skip reading the whole thing :p but it kinda feels good typing this stuff out that I cant seem to tell to another human being.

Anyways, I'm excited to be on this forum and look forward to chatting with you all

Hello and welcome to the forum.

I know how difficult it can be to find people you can really relate to. One thing that comes to mind is instead of having one or two friends all for the same thing, have a few friends to cater for your different needs. I wonder if for now you could make some friends online like maybe on here to have talks about this kind of thing, or anything that's troubling you or anything at all in general, and just have some casual friends in real life to keep yourself active and relatively sane, and around people. It may sound shallow but you never know who you could meet just getting out there and being around people.

I am the same with women. I am actually so bad at hitting on a girl that I've never really done it - I get way too shy and embarrassed and lack confidence and go bright red and want to run away and hide. But the thing is, I've had many really good relationships and partners, they just happened naturally. There are long periods where I'm alone and my awkwardness and inability to relate to others doesn't help it, but special people can come into your life at any time, unexpetedly, and I've done OK without ever forcing it, and just letting things happen naturally. Lucky, perhaps. But more natural. The idea of going on a date with someone you don't know is just ******* absurd to me.

ahh I love this line "I like being alone, but I hate being alone" --- describes my feelings exactly. you can chat with me some time. I'm in that weird transitional phase in my life, too, after finishing school and getting a job. I'm 22. :)

Welcome Omar. Would be nice chatting with you. You'll quickly notice we're all in the same boat here, just different shapes.

Heey there, warm welcome to the forums to you! I'm glad you've found this site, i think you'll feel better after having been here for a while, alot of really nice people are here! :)

Really connecting to someone can be a difficult thing to do, but there's no pressure here. Also, don't worry about never having had a girl either, or a close friend, you're not weird at all because of it.

If you ever want to talk about anything, don't hesitate to message me!

Latest posts

Back