Oh, gosh. Where to start?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Borodin

Reaction score
I don't want to spell myself out in a vague and abridged way like some synopsis for a movie on the back of a DVD case; I'll leave that for the real top-notch chaps who actually want to get to know me instead of just a passerby hello and g'day, the common greeting for complete strangers on any semi-anonymous internet forum. I feel pathetic enough as is even posting on a site like this, so combined with my avoidant personality disorder, I'm already delineating from my typical tendencies just by writing more than "hi". Don't push it; I snap like a twig.

With that in mind, I'll instead introduce myself in pithy sentences, separated by line breaks to focus attention.

My name is Kristoffer.

I go by Kris.

I'm here because sometimes I feel unbearably lonely, although I usually can manage.

I like talking. Please talk to me!

By talking, I meant typing. I couldn't express myself verbally if my life depended on an oral speech of sorts.

My favorite subjects are literature, politics, philosophy, philanthropy, religion, music, and - oh gosh - this comment makes me sound quite conceited and esoteric.

I'm ALWAYS afraid of sounding conceited and esoteric.

If you like Shostakovich, Stravinsky, or Prokofiev, let me know! I want to know who you are, you rare and exciting individual. :p

If I'm being an *******, I'm sorry in advance, and I'll probably apologize multiple times later.

I'm verbose. Feel free to tell me when to shut up.

And that's all I'm willing to divulge so far, I think.

Welcome Kris.

I wouldn't worry too much about how you come across, we all have those problems when we start and you come across fine anyway :D

Stick around and you'll find someone with your interests and maybe divulge even more :D

You sound interesting enough. I'm sure I missed things in there as I don't have enough coffee in me yet. Don't worry too about fitting in, just be who you are.

Oh and welcome :)

btw, I'm nosey, so I'll say that you didn't mention your age :D

I like Shostakovich and 'The Five' aswell, in particular Rimsky-Korsakov. The main reason why I know of Shostakovich is because of my dad, as he used to play his Leningrad Symphony quite often :D
So I'm definetly not a huge 'connoisseur' of Russian composers and classical music in general... and I'm really not familiar with the works of Stravinsky and Prokofiev.

Anyway, welcome! I hope you'll enjoy your stay :)

Hey Kris, greetings from the east coast (well actually I'm stuck in the Mid-West for school right now). I know what you mean about feeling unbearably lonely from time to time, honestly thats why I bumped into this site as this weekend its like I've had an episode of my own and found myself joining the forums.

Borodin said:
If you like Shostakovich, Stravinsky, or Prokofiev, let me know! I want to know who you are, you rare and exciting individual. :p

I'm not a rare or exciting individual but I do like all of those. I also like Khatchachurian. There's a thread somewhere where I give a small sample of my musical tastes - was that you? (Sorry, terrible with names). I should mention that I haven't listed them all. I'm not doing all that typing....

My dad has an enormous classical music collection and if I haven't got it, he probably has.

btw-your intro was fine. Feel free to talk/type more. I can't speak for anyone else but I like reading what people have to say.

Hi Kris, Kristoffer is a cool name. How come you don't go by it? Just prefer the shorter form?

I can be avoidant at times, so even posting can be a bit tiring then, so if anything it is a good step.

Anyways, you don't come across as an ******* at all. I think most of us lonely types are generally worried that there is something so wrong with us that anything we like is wrong. You seem very nice, and I think most of us are into a few strange things.

The only thing that makes people sound conceited is when they act what they like makes them superior. Like how you like classical music, but if you think someone can't be intelligent, or decent by liking other stuff that would make you snobbish/conceited. Being a bit esoteric is refreshing, so embrace it!

Cheers

Latest posts

Back