Past the point of no return now....

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LonelyInAtl

Reaction score
Well, I asked a mutual friend to sort of "feel out" this woman I'm interested in. When a guy is being a wingman, we're usually a bit covert to find out things. I just got a text from said mutual friend saying "Well, I just texted xxxxx and said you wanted to ask her out". I was like WTF? Then she said "I said you want to ask her out but you are shy about it and I'm the frontman..." I was mortified! LOL But, I guess this was like the infamous Hail Mary pass. Will it be a touchdown or incomplete?

It was pretty inconsiderate of them to go and do that behind your back.

Kat said:

I know, right? I was expecting something more like "So what do you think of <my name>?" etc.

But, you can't unring a bell.

Best to jump in to either drown or rescue.

And make sure your 'friend' is not on same lifeboat.

LonelyInAtl said:
Kat said:

I know, right? I was expecting something more like "So what do you think of <my name>?" etc.

But, you can't unring a bell.

just laugh it off

That's called going all in at the beginning of the poker tournament.

At least you get embarrassed away from the action and not go dumbfounded in person. Now you have time to come up with a game plan.

Believe it or not, I think your friend did you a favor - now you have to do it (you will feel more awkward around if you don't than if you do at this point). Having said that, your friend is an a-hole for doing it in the first place. Anyway, good luck.

Well you did ask her to test the water but she obviously jumped straight in! :p

Well its done now. Look at it as another positive step either way; she might say yes, she might say no but at least you've asked the question. Theres nothing wrong with being interested in someone and you shouldn't feel embarrased, its a compliment for her to hear that, or thats how it should be taken. So whatever happens, just take the positives from it and if nothing comes of it just realise life goes on and rejection isn't a catastrophy, the world will keep turning and at least you asked! Good luck. :)

theraab said:
Believe it or not, I think your friend did you a favor - now you have to do it (you will feel more awkward around if you don't than if you do at this point). Having said that, your friend is an a-hole for doing it in the first place. Anyway, good luck.
i agree with that.
he did you a favour. sometimes you just have to put it all out there and let the chips fall where they may. usualy it will work out in your favour.
I knew a guy that did that every single time. if he was out at a bar and saw some girl he liked and he wanted a fling, he would go up to them and in a very short time come right out and ask them "hey, you wanna get lucky tonite?" he said, they will either slap you or you will get lucky, but it was a guarenteed way to sort them out. lol
no better way to make a girl check you out and consider whether she likes you or not than to have someone else put the thought into her head.

Hank2 said:
I knew a guy that did that every single time. if he was out at a bar and saw some girl he liked and he wanted a fling, he would go up to them and in a very short time come right out and ask them "hey, you wanna get lucky tonite?" he said, they will either slap you or you will get lucky, but it was a guarenteed way to sort them out. lol

Reminds me of a night out in college one time. One of my fraternity brothers was drunk as a skunk and did this. He got slapped a few times, wound up wearing a run and coke, but after about 20 women he took her out to his car and......

There is no other way to get a definite YES or NO. Either ask her yourself or let someone else to do it for you.
If its a "YES", Bingo!
If its a "NO", better move on.

LonelyInAtl said:
Well, I asked a mutual friend to sort of "feel out" this woman I'm interested in. When a guy is being a wingman, we're usually a bit covert to find out things. I just got a text from said mutual friend saying "Well, I just texted xxxxx and said you wanted to ask her out". I was like WTF? Then she said "I said you want to ask her out but you are shy about it and I'm the frontman..." I was mortified! LOL But, I guess this was like the infamous Hail Mary pass. Will it be a touchdown or incomplete?

Um, how did she reply to your friend?

I honestly don't think it's a big deal, we're all adults, you're entitled to be interested in potential partners.

perfanoff said:
LonelyInAtl said:

Um, how did she reply to your friend?

I honestly don't think it's a big deal, we're all adults, you're entitled to be interested in potential partners.

I have a feeling this was an incomplete pass. I talked to Tammy (the "frontman") and she didn't mention anything about it. So in this case I have a feeling that no news is bad news. :(

Oh well....

Latest posts

Back