Personality traits

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I've come to an odd conclusion: I am very much like the person I despise the most (at times), my mom!

I have been working on my sketches and my sketches are exactly like hers, she's also very stubborn and we always argue... because we're so much alike.

I'd like to go to the art academy, because I've always felt that would be the right thing to do, but now I am starting to think that in order to go there and achieve something, I'll need to accept who I am, which also means I'll need to fix the conflict I am having with my mom :p

She knew exactly why my sketches were 'stubborn' as well... Jesus

Does this sound familiar to anyone? It is kind of creepy

I have my arch rivals, who are very similar to myself. Weird.

Well at least you have recognised that you are like your mum, that I think is an important step in becoming your own person. I think I hated my mum for a long time, I felt she was 'controlling me', I have always thought of my parents as perfect, never doing anything wrong. Of course they are/were (my dad is no longer with us) simply human beings capable of making mistakes; just trying to do the best they could in the circumstances at the time.
You have to be free to make your own mistakes, I wish I had learned that earlier in life and been true to myself instead of relying on others for direction.

Popele often turn out to be just like the parent they try so hard not to be. I think to not turn out like they you have to find out why they are the way they are and break that cycle.

Latest posts

Back