pointless existence...

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nibbler

Reaction score
I feel lonely, not for just a month or two but for the last 14 years of my 30 years existence!
I cant seem to make any friends and don't know why! I really try to please people and make them happy but in the end people just avoid me, or don't invite me.
2 years ago i went to university, and i am now on my final year and i don´t know anyone. How much more ridiculous can this be ?!?

I feel hopeless, i tried to do volunteer work with animals and so i went to 2 kennels in the area but with no surprise was rejected once again even though i had one dog for 14 years and love to be around animals.

Everything seems pointless!
I dont care about anything, i don't get any satisfaction when buying items, i cant care enough to have any hobbies, i even avoid getting out on the street because i feel inferior to the people around me.

I had so many dreams when i was younger and now my life is just a huge frustration.

Sorry for the long text, i just needed to rant a bit

I have been there, got out, been back, got out and am back again.... There are some things you can do, but it's a *****, and it takes along time.

I can't tell you how to make friends, because what people think is friendship now.... well just makes me sick ! So I can't help you there. But I can help you find some answers that can make you feel better about yourself. And take care of some of those frustrations. And see things a little differently.

I'm Daniel you can send me a privet message.

Maybe it's not exactly the same situation, but i felt related in many aspects of what you describe about your life, so in case you are in the mood or need to talk with someone, you can send me pm.

I'm always afraid to post something wrong on this kind of threads, i hope i didn't.
I hope you find something that makes you feel and live better.

I can relate to a lot of this. I used to have no want for money, sat around all day doing nothing and I too think everyone is just straight up better than me. I also really suck at making friends - I couldn't really say I had many if any.

However, you sure don't sound pointless. You say you try and make people happy and wanted to do volunteer work; both scream that you are a good person. Making friends can be tough, I never understood how anyone could just walk up to someone and start a conversation, so I can't really help you there, thought I can say I focused on making myself feel I have worth. As such I started being productive with my time, trying to make other happy etc. and it really helped.

I would advise continue looking for volunteer work, as it is extremely noble, or if you can get paid work then give everything you don't need to charity. Making others happy is one of the best ways to regain your sense of worth, and you seem perfectly capable. Try and focus yourself on making others happy and I'm quite positive you will feel worthwhile again.

Pointless is great! I know it seems odd but if everything is pointless you get to make your own point. Look for what makes you passionate for life. Recover your lost dreams. It sounds like you're not even that old. Keep trying.

WOW.. you got twice as many replies as me, when I said I was going back into isolation, because nobody cares, can only lie, and aren't worth my time.

So the only response I got was nothing but lies and false hopes of more lies. And telling me I was full of honeysuckle , and the world is full of nice people... All I have to do is look !

Well I looked, and looked, and looked, and searched, and searched, and searched. And it was pointless, except to get told I was full of honeysuckle, by people that I wouldn't trust with my cat !! And prove how full of honeysuckle they really are !!

The world is full of selfish, greedy, lying, apathetic, scum. And they are the first ones to tell you how great they really are. Well I am calling BULLSHIT !! I don't believe a word anyone says, they are only out to honeysuckle on you. Good Bye Cruel World, I leave you with your selves !!

I wish you luck nibbler... your going to need it if you reach out for help !!

Well hey there bro . Im 25 so far , been on the pointless streak for lets say 10 years .
My childhood is the best part of my life, cause i actually believed i had friends. (BELIEVED)
OFC , all the friends i had , didnt care about me when they started school/highschool/ etc .. cause they didn't need me ! They needed new friends , from where to get the homework , cheat in tests , etc .
And life went on , university , same BS. As long as they didn't see a value they could exploit , all my attempts to be friendly and nice , landed on deaf ears .

Yea society sucks , the human race sucks . Living is pretty much pointless overall . "Whatever you do is forgotten ", "everyone dies alone", "nothing lasts forever" . And so on ..

What i take from all this is , simple .. Life is a ***** , im just gonna live off it until it kicks me in the bucket .

Nibbler, I know how you feel right now but everything isn't pointless it just feels that way. It's rough and often seems like life isn't getting any better. There's gotta be something that for a moment makes you feel like things aren't so bad. I'd like to tell you things will get better but I'm not at that point myself either, still waiting on that. I just hang on to the last little bit of hope that it has to.

/of reply

Now...this...

Alienated said:
WOW.. you got twice as many replies as me, when I said I was going back into isolation, because nobody cares, can only lie, and aren't worth my time.

So the only response I got was nothing but lies and false hopes of more lies. And telling me I was full of honeysuckle , and the world is full of nice people... All I have to do is look !

Well I looked, and looked, and looked, and searched, and searched, and searched. And it was pointless, except to get told I was full of honeysuckle, by people that I wouldn't trust with my cat !! And prove how full of honeysuckle they really are !!

The world is full of selfish, greedy, lying, apathetic, scum. And they are the first ones to tell you how great they really are. Well I am calling BULLSHIT !! I don't believe a word anyone says, they are only out to honeysuckle on you. Good Bye Cruel World, I leave you with your selves !!

I wish you luck nibbler... your going to need it if you reach out for help !!

Really? Can't see why that is? Oh wait, because the one person who did reply, and by the way never used a single one of the more colourful words you used, was actually trying to be supportive, then you went on to insult them. Maybe that's why no one replied to your thread because they didn't feel like being attacked. Just so we're clear this is said thread you made about going into isolation.
http://www.alonelylife.com/showthread.php?tid=28835
So please don't make up what others have said.

Yes you are right.... I was very angry when I started that thread, and didn't expect anyone to respond. But when you tell someone that upset, it's not wise to say they are wrong about everything. I just saw it as see jumped on a land mine... And BOOM !!

Latest posts

Back