Question for the girls

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dresta2000

Reaction score
Why when a guy asks a girl for her number does she give it and when you ring her she never picks up. If shes not interested in meeting up why waste your time.

dresta2000 said:
Why when a guy asks a girl for her number does she give it and when you ring her she never picks up. If shes not interested in meeting up why waste your time.

Am not talking about spontaneously just asking a random person but someone you have taken the time to talk to.

Perhaps she's busy, perhaps there's something wrong with her phone, perhaps she changed her mind, perhaps she doesn't like you......

Why the need to make a new thread about this when you just asked it in a different thread?

Call once/text only once. People have routines -- work, school, whatever, and can't always drop everything for a phone call.

If you don't get a call back or reply in a reasonable amount of time, let it go.
If you call or text persistently -- that will probably scare her off and get you put on her blocked callers list.

Maybe she is an introvert? I am, and I find phone calls stressful, especially with people I don't know well. I hate being asked for my number incase the person might start calling every day. Maybe ask for an email address next time so that, if she is an introvert, she can reply when it is a good time for her to do so?

Maybe she just likes the fact that you are interested and takes joy in rejecting you later on since she knwos she can have you. Or maybe....etc too many reasons to list

Just because she gave you her number doesn't mean she definitely is interested. Someone giving out their number doesn't always mean that.

Latest posts

Back