Realisation of loneliness... again

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Goodmorningamerica

Reaction score
I am currently on a student exchange trip in another country and I have really realised now how lonely I am.

I spend all my life either at college or at home and have no friends - and haven't for years and years. I'm prety tough mentally but it has also made me disturbingly cold and I have no idea how to talk to the other people there who are my age. I sound and act like somebody much older then I really am and it's so awkward when I don't know what to say. I have to do this because it will hopefully help me to get a job but the stress is giving me a migraine. I can't even smile and probably look like a miserable old sod to those onlooking.

Being around other people all the time really reminds me how lonely I am because I have to do the things that I always do alone with others. I now realise that I'm going to be alone for the rest of my life and I can't believe that I actually tried to make friends again - more trouble than its worth.

I think I'll wrap it up here and sorry about the rant. I won't be able to cry about it for a while so this helps.

Goodmorningamerica said:
I am currently on a student exchange trip in another country and I have really realised now how lonely I am.

I spend all my life either at college or at home and have no friends - and haven't for years and years. I'm prety tough mentally but it has also made me disturbingly cold and I have no idea how to talk to the other people there who are my age. I sound and act like somebody much older then I really am and it's so awkward when I don't know what to say. I have to do this because it will hopefully help me to get a job but the stress is giving me a migraine. I can't even smile and probably look like a miserable old sod to those onlooking.

Being around other people all the time really reminds me how lonely I am because I have to do the things that I always do alone with others. I now realise that I'm going to be alone for the rest of my life and I can't believe that I actually tried to make friends again - more trouble than its worth.

I think I'll wrap it up here and sorry about the rant. I won't be able to cry about it for a while so this helps.
We all get lonely from time to time and some of what you said there sounds similar to me. I've been told I constantly look miserable so I'm worse than you (unless you've been told it to your face too lol). You're not going to be alone for the rest of your life, you'll easily find like minded good friends soon enough if you put in the time and effort :)

You don't need to apologise; if you feel you need to get it off your chest then this is the place to do it, sometimes you feel better to vent.

It sounds like you can't connect to other people because of your differences, I've felt the same when I was about 18/19, I realised that nobody really shared my interests. I think it's just a matter of meeting the right person.

Latest posts

Back