Really bad relationship

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

imfine

Reaction score
Have you ever been in a long term relationship that you knew is going nowhere but you still lie to yourself and think everything will turn out for the best eventually?
I would like to get this off my chest cause I'm kind of embarassed to share the whole story with my friends.
I was with this person for 6 years and he didn't treat me very well right from the start. In the beginning it was physical, then later it became more of a psychological thing. However, he always said that we're going to be together (we never actually moved in together) and since I'm not pretty and I act weird arround strangers I thought that I should stick with him no matter what. Now he's tired of me, I'm almost 30, I've never been with another man and there's a great chance that I'll end up alone.
I really regret that I spent most of my twenties trying to be around someone who treated me bad. If you're in the same situation, get out of it as soon as possible. Things do not get better, the person you're with will never treat you with respect and you'll end up even more miserable than before.

*hugs imfine* I've never really been in an like actual relationship before
and I'm very sorry for what you had to go through, but it's not the end there are plenty of single people your age, some are still looking some may be divorced, my mom is over 50 and she found a boyfriend just a few years after my parents divorced this time you can learn from your mistakes and you should never think that just becuase you don't think you're pretty enough should never mean you should be in a relationship that doesn't make you happy

i bet you are quite good looking :)

it'll take some time but eventually you should start going out and meeting new people, you can even try online dating

good luck

:)

are you still with him?
Hugs, I dont think it is impossible for you to find love at 30, 30 is not so old you know. I know so many happy couples that met around that age. I hope you find your dream guy.

No, thank god. He depresses me even when we talk on skype. I haven't been with him for a year, we just talked now and then for about 3 months and that left me questioning my mental stability. I hope this is finally over.
I would just like to say that sharing helps, sometimes there are things you don't feel comfortable to tell the people you know.

I see what you mean. Well I hope you find Mr. Right. And I think once someone is looking and open and talks to lots of people most times they do. :p

Its sad to hear that there are men who could say lame things to their significant other. Imfine the best thing that you should do is to end the relationship, since he keeps on hurting you physically and emotionally. I know you can find a man who deserve someone nice like you. And don't say that your not pretty okay?

Don't assume that you'll be alone and that no one can love you. It's a lie and it's that kind of thinking that kept you in that abusive relationship for six years. No one will stay in that kind of situation who truly believes in their heart that they are a valuable person and deserve something better.

Yes I've been through that a couple of times, its human instinct I think to hope things will improve oneday.. when really we should just walk away.

funkymonkey said:
Yes I've been through that a couple of times, its human instinct I think to hope things will improve oneday.. when really we should just walk away.

This sounds a bit scary. I've always liked to imagine that I'll never be in the same situation. But what if we're programed to follow the same patterns over and over again? How did you manage to get out?

It depends... i think some women just simply go for the wrong type of guys. If you dont have much experience with different social groups or types of people then ofcourse it can be harder to correctly judge what a person is really like.

Latest posts

Back