Reasons Why You Should Not Care About Appearances

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

abe109

Reaction score
1) Appearance is overrated.. and so is the love of other people. Nobody really gives a hoot to be truthful.

2)There's nothing wrong with being fat, personally I think it's awesome. Junk food for the win!

3) It will make you feel so much better to just stop worrying completely and enjoy the good things in life and good food.

Please add any suggestions

abe109 said:
1) Appearance is overrated.. and so is the love of other people. Nobody really gives a hoot to be truthful.

2)There's nothing wrong with being fat, personally I think it's awesome. Dominoes Pizza for the win!

3) It will make you feel so much better to just stop worrying completely and enjoy the good things in life and good food.

Please add any suggestions

You know that's not altogether true.

Well in regards to weight there actually are "chubby chasers" who love BBW and women who go for fat men, its not fair to pigeonhole people into wanting a certain ideal as I myself do like a woman with curves and hate nothing more then to get told off for complimenting one for looking pretty to me just because others have told them otherwise.

I'd never feel down about not looking a certain way because attraction is a complex thing and there will be people who are drawn to you for one reason or another no matter what you look like.

I can't believe I'm saying this, but I agree with CAS...

If people who say they love you don't give a hoot, you're surrounded by the wrong people.

Unfortunately, people will respond to you differently based on appearance. You don't have to be the prettiest thing ever, just keep yourself clean and dress appropriately.

The only problem with being fat is the impact it has on your health. I mean it's great to say "Enjoy the good things in life", but then you end up like one of those fat people who needs a rascal scooter to get around because their legs hurt.

Accepting such a detrimental factor to your health as just part of who you are, and using that as a reason not to have any motivation to do anything about it, IMO, is foolish. Especially if you're planning to have a family some day.

I always think appearance is a reflection of your general health and part of your personality to some extent, one should care about it, if you look extremely over weight, then well you've been consuming too much, but you could choose to ignore it, I know I do, what we shouldn't do is to shape ourselves into what people thinks as "beautiful", like people who are extremely underweight and skinny.

I look like honeysuckle most of the time because I don't take care of myself, people should care more about themselves and look themselves in the mirror every once in a while, there's nothing wrong with it, appearance is important, at least in my opinion. Being obsessed about it is what's wrong. If I look really dirty then yea, I probably haven't showered for days and probably smells, could I ignore what other people think about me? Sure, being lazy is a great thing, over eating also is, but I think it's better that I don't for the sake of health, and it also shows how much I (don't) care about my physical body.

appearance is everything, dont let yourself think otherwize. No successful looking person is ungroomed.

Btw please dont type in all caps, it makes me feel like you are yelling at me.

I'm fat and I don't like Dominoes. I don't see how that even coincides...

My appearance is everything to me.

I might feel like crap most of the time, not get much sleep, cry alot, do housework etc. but at least I don't have to look like how I feel if I do my make-up immaculately and take care of my appearance.

I like to put on a semblance of being happy and 'pulled together', for lack of better word(s).

Appearance is everything. If you don't look "normal", you're in for quite a ride . I used to think that it was a teenage thing, but now Im realizing that it actually goes byond teen age.

..whatever. Just be yourself and if people don't like it fresia THEM!!! ( sorry for the caps sophia =)

abe109, haven't you happened to read "On the Despisers of the Body" from Nietzsche's "Thus Spake Zarathustra"? Until recently, I used to think that complete segregation of mind (or whatever its name) and body is a kind of noble philosophical idea, but actually some ancient cultures (like Greek) and historical figures (like Bertrand Russell) admired the grand connection between these entities.

However, "Appearance is everything" is even a worse extreme attitude IMHO. Nature favor us differently, but anyway adapting to the circumstances seems to be the only way of dealing with it.

I do think appearances matter.
It dose not matter if you are fat or that you are even not the best looking person in the world.
But if you come across as you don't care about how you look then that don't say much about you.
Now some ppl like the scruffy hippy look :p But just as long as they know what a bar of soap is even if they have a style that not everyone is in to then that's OK.
Think maybe what am trying to say is just as long as you have pride in yourself and that comes across as you do then I guss it don't matter how you look just as long as you look like you wont to look like that and not cos you where to lazy to be bothered about looking any different.
Hope you get what I mean there lol

PS, if you go here and hold your cursor over the title of the thread you made you can edit your own thread title if you like.

Except the hippy hair and beard can cost you jobs and really narrows your employment opportunities. Most employers and job positions enforce dress codes that cover anything like piercings, visible tattoos, hair length, hair style, and facial hair.

Sometimes it's for safety. Other times it's just cause they want their employees to give a general level of appearance.

Just saying... It pays to jump through society's hoops when it come to little things like appearance. It's not like anyone's telling you how to dress on your own time... Just a shave and a haircut every few months, and have at lest 2-3 nice sets of clothing for when necessary.

I agree, Mysis. Dressing nice is something I have to do. I don't like looking sloppy. Not always dressed up. Nice, clean clothes, neat and clean hair, and a nice clean body is what I care about.

I gotta wear stupid khaki pants and button shirts and v-neck vests and stoopid ties to work. :( *sigh* lol

This is me in like 30 years:

jreecerothmug_t220.jpg

Latest posts

Back