Sexuality

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AussieJosh

Reaction score
So... I feel verrryyyy weird inside, I don't understand what I am.. I have had experiences with other males in the past and have dreamed of experiences with men but it outright disgusts me.. It's pure lust.. I'm truly happy when I'm with a girl and I think of my future, if I'm gay, I see no point in living. I want to have a beautiful WOMAN in my life and children! These thoughts I have are holding me back from having a healthy relationship. I'm just wondering if anyone has any advice in the matter?

Is it the having kids part that makes you look forward to the future? It's possible to have your cake and eat it too if you're willing to adopt and whatnot.

I know of straight lads who have bummed other lads just to experience intercourse & build experience. They're not bi, but were lustful and wanted to get their virginity out of the way. They're happily in straight relationships now.

Just be who you are. Denying how you feel or hating yourself for it will likely just make things worse. You can be bisexual and still marry a beautiful woman someday.

I'm a woman, and from the ages of about 14 until around 21 I went out with girls as well as guys, and I wouldn't consider myself lesbian or even bisexual.

I get that there are "technical names" for certain persuasions, and if asked I normally eventually give in and accept "bisexual" just to aide the description I'm trying to give to the other person as it is their understanding of it.

But, crucially, you don't have to label yourself with them.

In many areas of the ancient world, it was the norm for men to have sex with younger men, but then go onto marry women and have families. It was just seen as a temporary sexual outlet.

I'm not interested in guys and not that I ever want to take an interest but I have this strange fascination with _____ (not telling anyone :p) that just comes and goes as it pleases. call it a fetish if you will.

So when I snap out of the mindset, as you said, I feel disgusted too.

I tried looking around and the expert opinion on the subject is that it could be "sexual curiosity". And that's what I think it is because I have no romantic feelings towards them or I never plan to start a family or anything or I never keep thinking about falling in love with them, etc.

So you are what you know you are. You are supposed to be confused at a certain stage of your life about your orientation and I feel like it is but natural, given the pop culture.

We're born a certain way and you can't change that. So if you're supposed to be homo/bi-sexual, I'm sorry but you can't change that. If you are meant to be straight, you'll remain so.

:)

This is strange. I've always been attracted to girls, and have never questioned it.

Are you sure you aren't gay? There is no shame in it. Gay people are awesome.

Sexuality isn't a black and white thing, despite what certain religious groups would have you believe. It's not always an either-or situation. Just because you may have some attraction to men does not make you gay, or mean you need to radically change your life or vice versa. You're simply bi-sexual by the sounds of it.

I think part of the problem here is you own attitude towards homosexuality, why do you view it with disgust? Until you accept that such feelings are a part of who you are, they will continue to interfere with your relationships.

I'm not going to get into a religious debate, but if it is because of Christianity, there is nothing in the bible against homosexuality. I am a Christian, and support gay rights.

If it is because you are disgusted by it, why is that? It's just a sexual preference, much like being straight.

I am not suggesting that you're gay, but if you are, take pride in it. At least you're living in a time when it is more socially acceptable. A 100 years back, it wasn't.

2013 and we still talk about sexual preferences as it was something interesting to discuss. My o my- if you want to have sex with a guy and the guy in question is interested in you- have sex with him. And that's it. No need to "dig deeper", if you will excuse my punch.

quintus said:
2013 and we still talk about sexual preferences as it was something interesting to discuss. My o my- if you want to have sex with a guy and the guy in question is interested in you- have sex with him. And that's it. No need to "dig deeper", if you will excuse my punch.

Yep, pretty much. Still treated like different groups even by "supporters."

What do you expect?

As long as there are idiots who will treat gay people like they are inferior, we will continue to have these discussions. Unless we round up all the bigots and send them somewhere, like to the moon or someplace...but then we'd have to rewrite our Congress, since our Congress is mostly made up of bigots.

As long as people treat people as inferior, we will have to address this. 50 years later, and old men are still trying to regulate women's vaginas.

Oh- bigotry... a wonderful new threat. Alas- thin ice. What did you mean by regulating vaginas?
Sounds weird.

LeaningIntoTheMuse said:
What do you expect?

As long as there are idiots who will treat gay people like they are inferior, we will continue to have these discussions. Unless we round up all the bigots and send them somewhere, like to the moon or someplace...but then we'd have to rewrite our Congress, since our Congress is mostly made up of bigots.

As long as people treat people as inferior, we will have to address this. 50 years later, and old men are still trying to regulate women's vaginas.

Or you could live your own life and follow your own ideals without caring for insignificant "idiots."

LeaningIntoTheMuse said:
I'm not going to get into a religious debate, but if it is because of Christianity, there is nothing in the bible against homosexuality. I am a Christian, and support gay rights.

I hate to correct you but that is not true.
Leviticus 18:22 Thou shalt not lie with mankind, as with womankind: it is abomination.
Leviticus 20:13 "If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them."

These two passages being the most infamous.

I have no doubt that you are a christian who supports gay rights, but it is in spite of your holy books teaching, not because of it.

HOLY honeysuckle. The intifada is showing it's ugly head! Let's keep any kind of so called holy books out of the game, ok?

If you're going to quote the Bible, please keep it in context, rather than pulling random verses aside in order to validate your prejudice. Thanks.

Spiderpope said:
LeaningIntoTheMuse said:

Leviticus 18:22 Thou shalt not lie with mankind, as with womankind: it is abomination.
Leviticus 20:13 "If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them."

I have no doubt that you are a christian who supports gay rights, but it is in spite of your holy books teaching, not because of it.

Do you shave your facial hair? Because that is a sin as well.

How about eat pork? Believe in divorce? Premaritial sex?

Oh, and the bible says that we can have three wives and keep slaves as well...but surely, that's outdated!

LeaningIntoTheMuse said:
Spiderpope said:
LeaningIntoTheMuse said:

Do you shave your facial hair? Because that is a sin as well.

How about eat pork? Believe in divorce? Premaritial sex?

Oh, and the bible says that we can have three wives and keep slaves as well...but surely, that's outdated!

I'm not questioning your morality, nor your clearly humanist and caring view of the world. Just that you have those traits because of your own character, not thanks to a book or a religion.

I would suggest any further discussion in this direction be carried out elsewhere rather than derail the thread. But again i have to state for clarity:

I am in no way disparaging you as a person. Because from what i've read you are a decent human being. It is merely your religious beliefs i have an issue with, not you yourself.

Latest posts

Back