Siblings

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cryingcloud

Reaction score
So as soon as my brother hears somthing he doesnt want to hear,he goes insane. Example, i told him to be quiet because he was yelling from a game he was playing and literally went through the whole house. Just telling him to stop made him say, ''F*ck you, make me.I said you're not the only one in the house. Then for some reason,i guess he thought i said that i will make him. and hes like, fine come at me. He scares me so much sometimes. No joke he will seriously hurt me. Even my parents have told him to stop being so violent in the past, he wont listen. I find it kind of sad that a 19 year old, would try to beat up a 16 year old. Much less,his sister. I really just needed to vent,but i wouldnt mind any advice?

Definitely problems for him to work out there. Is his life stressful at the moment? This can't go on. He needs to be corrected somehow.

Well...people (especially guys) get a little too involved in their video games. I'm guilty of that from time to time, it can be very frustrating. My brother will sometimes say something to me, or make stupid sounds, yet he does the exact same thing. Whenever I say something back to him and bring up that fact he completely denies he ever gets mad at a game. Now I don't go as off the rails as your brother does, at that point he really needs to put down the controller and walk away. Usually after you've calmed down and go back to it,things go better (unless he's playing Sonic Unleashed that game is just irritating).

So what I might suggest, instead of confronting him, ask him if he can pause his game for a bit and take a break, do something with you that you might want his help with. You want to approach this in such a way that sounds like you just want to spend some time with him, and something that will hopefully calm him down. Like maybe take a quick trip down the street to the store to get a Popsicle or ice cream. You just don't want to do anything that will irritate him more, he's already in an irritated state which can, as you've found out, only get worse.

If he hits you, call the police. You can always withdraw charges, but he needs to be aware that there are consequences to his little ragefests.

Siblings are hard to deal with sometimes.

My question here is...

WHERE THE fresia ARE THE PARENTS IN THIS SITUATION?

Jesus... no one uses ******* discipline anymore.

Badjedidude said:
Siblings are hard to deal with sometimes.

My question here is...

WHERE THE fresia ARE THE PARENTS IN THIS SITUATION?

Jesus... no one uses ******* discipline anymore.

I wondered about that too. But it definitely seems like that the parents do not have the situation in hand, and may not be able to for some reason. Realistically, they have the best chance to resolve this.

On the separate note, I do know that quite a few guys who seem to rage at losing at a game, even against AI. Does anyone comprehend that? I had a friend who's brother would always furiously shut down the console rather than see the Game Over screen - hardly exceptional violence or anger, but still a curious reaction to me.

Latest posts

Back