Sick and tired of it all..

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
All this talk about leaning... maybe there is something to be said about giving someone the power to affect your mood. I don't think you like selfish girls, Van... I think you just had a bad streak recently. You'll find someone who's better for you. Then again... what makes them selfish? What are you asking of them? Is there anything you can learn from this last snafu before moving on to the next charming lass? I just want to see you happy... and with someone you can get on with.

I think the key to not giving someone too much power too soon is to move in slowly... not wearing your heart on the tip of your sleeve... lol.. like i can really talk here. Just... take time to savor all the fun parts of the beginning of a relationship... getting to know them, flirting innocently... Give them time to see the real you and fall for you.

MiKeY said:
All this talk about leaning... maybe there is something to be said about giving someone the power to affect your mood. I don't think you like selfish girls, Van... I think you just had a bad streak recently. You'll find someone who's better for you. Then again... what makes them selfish? What are you asking of them? Is there anything you can learn from this last snafu before moving on to the next charming lass? I just want to see you happy... and with someone you can get on with.

I think the key to not giving someone too much power too soon is to move in slowly... not wearing your heart on the tip of your sleeve... lol.. like i can really talk here. Just... take time to savor all the fun parts of the beginning of a relationship... getting to know them, flirting innocently... Give them time to see the real you and fall for you.

Finally, some good serious advice. :)

Can someone please extract half of my brain to stop me thinking too much?

Oceanmist23 said:
Lonesome Crow said:
No one can hurt you, if you don't lean on them.

True. Just like Crow can't hurt me cos I don't lean on him.
I'm actually pushing him off a cliff.
That way he's the one getting hurt :p

See...Nasty figrued it out or got to that piont in her own journey.

That's okay Nastay...push me over the edge.

I ma spread my wings and fly. I have my own sets of wings..
I don't need yours..:p

Ok, let's try to keep this on topic. Repeating advice and misconceptions, when the original poster has told you that you are wide of the mark, is not going to help any Lonesome Crow - it's certainly not something to get mad about.

Van Hooligan X said:
there is only 1 girl i can think of that isn't a selfish *****...and thank you for not being 1 JTG

but the chances of me finding a girl like her is close to impossible

HEY! There's atleast three unselfish bitches here :p (Sorry everyone, i'm only joking)

You need to stop thinking like that, actually, you need to stop saying things like that as well. If you want someone to love you, you need to drastically change your way of thinking towards women (all women).

I did tell you lastnight "there is no hope in life for either of us", but i didn't mean 'there is no hope for a relationship'. If i (yes, Punisher) can find someone, everyone can. So i know you'll find someone sooner or later, but your life is always going to be honeysuckle, just like mine :D

Now go ask your mum if she'll let me move in, i don't like my house anymore :(

I can think of a lot of females here that aren't selfish. I'm not. Sophia and Eve aren't. JTG and Sarah aren't. Samba and Ocean aren't. And lots more. Perhaps it's you that is looking at it wrong. Or maybe you just want what you want, and if you don't get it, then someone's automatically selfish.

o_o

I personally believe he just had a bad string of luck. I wouldn't blame him for feeling a little bit this way if he met 2-3 chicks in a row that were just too into themselves. If I had met 2-3 guys in a row that went on and on about themselves and didn't listen when I wanted to talk, I'd be a little pessimistic I think. I remember getting discouraged at one point when I broke up with my boyfriend years ago and was back in the dating world, and I just ended up with a small string of jerks; one dude literally BIT me. -_-;; He was the last straw. >.<

So Van, I can relate and understand where this is coming from, and hope that, like how it was for me, that it's just a passing phase of frustration. Like the saying goes, "Sometimes you have to kiss a lot of toads before you find your prince(ss) charming." =P

Ah man, you have to kiss them first? It's hopeless :'(

Brian said:
I thought biting was good? Like kind of a sexy thing?

..No?

No, because this HURT. He was like a piranha, and was already a little weird to begin with. Instant turn off. Plus he started acting pretty immature, especially when I asked/told him to stop; he just wouldn't listen. I never saw him again after that, and he tried stalking me online for a little while, but I quickly put an end to that.

Estreen said:
Brian said:
I thought biting was good? Like kind of a sexy thing?

..No?

No, because this HURT. He was like a piranha, and was already a little weird to begin with. Instant turn off. Plus he started acting pretty immature, especially when I asked/told him to stop; he just wouldn't listen. I never saw him again after that, and he tried stalking me online for a little while, but I quickly put an end to that.

Oh yeah. There's biting, and there's thinking you're dating a cannibal who like steaks tartare. BTDT, got my tetanus booster updated.

Jesse said:
What about a little nibbling?

Well, sure. That can be great. I draw the line at drawing blood. :p

It really does depend on each person's preferences. I know people can feel awkward about asking their partner about these things, but just jumping in and assuming that a certain move is a turn-on is, in my book, a big no-no.
Communication is essential.

Latest posts

Back