So are any girls ever interested in non-alpha males?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Millarca said:
grainofrice24 said:
Being yourself is all well and good. But I imagine that someone who is content to be a loser/coward isn't as attractive to women as someone who is not satisfied with what they have and wants more. A go getter is more likely to be able to open new doors to new horizons and a more adventurous life than someone who is content to be a 'beta. Demand more from yourself and you will raise your own standard, which I THINK (and correct me if I'm wrong ladies) is what women find attractive.

You can't be mad at chicks for not settling for 10th best :p. Dont just be yourself, be the best self possible!

Are you a guy? Because you really get it. This is EVERYTHING I feel about my current partner. I've actually used "go-getter," "wants more," and "content" in my all my discussions with him and to others about him. This, I think and like you've said, is what women find attractive. I certainly do. I can't stand that "well, it's a flimsy roof, but at least I have one over my head..." mentality. I'm not frustrated because he doesn't have a lot; I'm frustrated because he doesn't have what he COULD have, and he doesn't seem to care much.

If that's alpha, and if it isn't, that's what I (and I think a lot of women) like. If you're working to get the things you want, then I think you're on the right track. We appreciate diligence... and when you kill bugs :p

Man, it's refreshing to see someone just ... "speak my brain."

ive seen alot of drunk, unemployable men walking around with girlfriends. I don't know what's go getting about them.

Millarca said:
Are you a guy? Because you really get it. This is EVERYTHING I feel about my current partner. I've actually used "go-getter," "wants more," and "content" in my all my discussions with him and to others about him. This, I think and like you've said, is what women find attractive. I certainly do. I can't stand that "well, it's a flimsy roof, but at least I have one over my head..." mentality. I'm not frustrated because he doesn't have a lot; I'm frustrated because he doesn't have what he COULD have, and he doesn't seem to care much.

If that's alpha, and if it isn't, that's what I (and I think a lot of women) like. If you're working to get the things you want, then I think you're on the right track. We appreciate diligence... and when you kill bugs :p

When is it enough? If he's not willing to take the steps necessary to become financially secure then that's one thing, living life on some materialist treadmill is another.

I wonder if some women are willing to apply these standards to themselves...

I'm an omega male. My only hope is an alpha female, who is not into other alpha males.

What is the difference between a beta and an omega male?

A beta male is pushed around by alot of people, and is the grunt in the office that does all the work. They tend to be submissive, and have trouble with initiating the relationship.

An omega male is pushed around by everyone (the janitor at the school? That guy orders him around), and is generally either employed in a thankless job, or not employed. They tend to be well beyond submissive, almost toward a 1820s or something housewife.

Beta is second (meaning the wife might call many of the shots but not all), omega is last (meaning he gets ordered around by the wife's friends, random passerby, etc).

This thread makes me chuckle alpha, beta now omega... FFS! It’s just another way of saying I don't like who I am.

You know the daft thing is, if you could just learn to kick back, breath and accept yourself, you'd instantly become untouchable...instantly you're that alpha male you aspire to be...someone who is just getting on with their own thing and not obsessed with looking around and comparing themselves to others.

bulmabriefs144 said:
I'm an omega male. My only hope is an alpha female, who is not into other alpha males.

What is the difference between a beta and an omega male?

A beta male is pushed around by alot of people, and is the grunt in the office that does all the work. They tend to be submissive, and have trouble with initiating the relationship.

An omega male is pushed around by everyone (the janitor at the school? That guy orders him around), and is generally either employed in a thankless job, or not employed. They tend to be well beyond submissive, almost toward a 1820s or something housewife.

Beta is second (meaning the wife might call many of the shots but not all), omega is last (meaning he gets ordered around by the wife's friends, random passerby, etc).

Here's an example using animals that I read about an Omega male: Two male Rams are butting heads, while a female Ram looks on.
Suddenly a Ram runs out of the woods and mates with the female, that is the Omega male.

Lilianna said:
Two male Rams are butting heads, while a female Ram looks on.
Suddenly a Ram runs out of the woods and mates with the female, that is the Omega male.

Bow Chicka Bow Wow!

Now say that again slower and in a deeper voice.

HA! Fifty Shades of Ewe.

Lilianna said:
PyramidHead said:
Lilianna said:

More like the "rapist" ram.

LOL...Mates with, not takes by force -.-
The "suddenly runs out of the woods" kinda sounded like a surprise attack, so I wasn't sure. And I guess it is hard to say that mating by force is not mating... lets say he "made love" to the female ram. Sounds more nice. :p

That's an excellent article, theraab. Character is action. And whatever you might think of an alpha male, you can't deny that he's almost certainly a doer...

Millarca said:
grainofrice24 said:
Being yourself is all well and good. But I imagine that someone who is content to be a loser/coward isn't as attractive to women as someone who is not satisfied with what they have and wants more. A go getter is more likely to be able to open new doors to new horizons and a more adventurous life than someone who is content to be a 'beta. Demand more from yourself and you will raise your own standard, which I THINK (and correct me if I'm wrong ladies) is what women find attractive.

You can't be mad at chicks for not settling for 10th best :p. Dont just be yourself, be the best self possible!

Yup! I'm a dude. And I got what women (or at least one woman) want right! Spooky :D

Suck on that Mel Gibson!!

I read a lot here about what women want in a man (or men assume they do) and what men aspire to be like, so what qualities does a man look for in a woman and what traits would you find unattractive?

Do the women on here suffer from an inferiority complex when in the presence of a certain type of woman too?

I'm not just thinking looks as that seems a bit obvious, I'm thinking character traits etc. If a man is supposed to be caring, chivalrous, strong, confident (whatever) what should a woman be like as an ideal?

For me I don't give it much thought, I think generally just a well balanced human being, with a mind of her own and has things in perspective and good fun to be with. Thats it really, beyond that its just about whether you have that spark together which is pretty indefinable. I don't see falling in love as a concious excercise really, I've never had a tick list.

I like the terms beta and alpha, you shouldn't even be interested in girls who use such subjective animalistic terms when finding a boyfriend or potential husband.

Latest posts

Back