So..theres this girl.

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PaperDuck87

Reaction score
Let's call her...Tara. Ok, so Tara works in this pharmacy near my store and usually whenever I go to her store it's a Friday and she's there. I go there to buy my snacks after getting off work. Any other day my store closes. I usually work the closing shift so by the time I get off her store is already closed.

Anyways, this girl Tara...she's so amazing. So beautiful. I wish I could talk to her but whenever I buy my stuff she usually initiates the conversation while ringing my stuff up. I could never bring myself to ask her out or anything. For example: Today when I brought my vitamin water and cookies to be rung up there was a guy in front of me paying for his stuff. He mentioned something about her mother. I didn't pay attention to him or whatever he was saying...I guess I was a bit lost in her.

The guy then walked away and she said "Hi!" then she goes into a bit about how the guy was saying that he saw her mother somewhere and that the guy doesn't know her mother. She also mentioned that the guy was using that as a way to spit game to her and he's wearing a wedding ring. I chuckled a bit. Then shrugged. She has a quirky and lively sense of humor...its another thing that makes me sorta attracted to her. As I walked away she then said "Keep dry out there *smile*". It was raining outside when this happened. However this isn't the first time we spoke. A while back she asked me if I was going to work or getting off I told her I was getting off. She said she was so tired. She was exercising alot and her legs were hurting her *she feels her tired and sore legs* especially standing behind the cash register all day. Then there was the time I went in to buy only cookies and she rung up my stuff. She was a bit quiet that day. Mom went in with me. I kinda asked her beforehand not to come in especially since I wanted to ask Tara out. But she came in anyways. So I had no choice but to shut my trap because in case she turns me down...*sighs* it's just embarrassing. I then ran out after paying for my stuff but I had to wait outside the car because I don't drive. [is a loser...yeah] 10 mins later, mom comes out and tells me what happened. She said they were talking and joking about stuff. Especially when I ran out and didn't wait on mom...she told her "well I guess he'll just wait on me and freeze" Tara smiled and said "Yep. Guess so."

Seriously, I haven't been like this in a while and I've failed before. But I've decided to fold a paperduck [hence my screen name...I'm good at origami btw] with my name and phone number and a note saying "We should hang out sometime"...I figured if I ask her out like any other guy it would be awkward...and saying I would like to get to know you has been used many of times...

So...next week I'm working a Friday shift again...any tips? Should I go with my plan or should wait? Any ideas? I need advice. Please?

Dude, normally I would just say drop the duck and ask her out.

But it sounds like you kind of already have some rapport, and she is definitely flirting with you (she wanted you to massage her legs and quite possibly kiss the back of her neck and make sweet, sweet love to her for many hours).

But if the duck is what it takes to get you to ask her out in SOME way, go with the duck. You have nothing to lose. I suggest keeping it hidden, ringing up your stuff (arrange so that you're last in line), and then slip it out of your sleeve smoothly as you walk away. I would normally disagree with this but she might think the origami is actually pretty cool because nobody does that.

Just don't be afraid of rejection. If we don't meet with failures on the road of our pursuits, we will never, ever, ever find success. Victory favors the bold. We just rot in the ditch.

If I was afraid of rejection, I would never interview for any fire department and never have any hope of landing a spot. Do you know how intimidating an oral board interview panel is? It makes your stomach turn.

Same with IVs. I used to shake when I would stick patients because I was so critical of myself and afraid of failure. I still fail, but I'm not -afraid- of it any more, and so I don't shake. Now that I'm past the FEAR OF FAILURE (see a correlation here?), it's just a matter of technique.

Once we pass the FEAR OF REJECTION, it's just a matter of finding opportunities.

(LOL I just realized what I did up there...I made a comment about boldness and BOLDED THE TEXT. I crack me up....)

You do have a point. I did decide next Friday I will do this...I will go in for the kill...I just need to time it. I don't want to chicken out. I'll just hand it to her and tell her to not open it until she gets home...I wouldn't want her to lose her job. Its kinda taboo to ask a girl out on her job.

Any more opinions and suggestions? Feel free to leave some. I need ideas before Friday.

Thanks Brian.

PaperDuck87 said:
Any more opinions and suggestions? Feel free to leave some. I need ideas before Friday.

Thanks Brian.

Don't give her your number, get her to give you her number or even better than that get her email address from her.

She already likes you a lot by the sound of it, so you've just got to go for it.!

Say to her.. "Tara I've really enjoyed chatting with you and I'd like to get to know you more, but I've got to go now, do you have an email address ? where we can continue this conversation later."

Then hand her a pen and a piece of paper (which you happen to have on you already) to write it down on. :)

Make sure you write "Open Me" on the duck, so she doesnt pick it up and think "oh this is pretty." and doesnt open it to find your number. :p

Just ask her for her number or ask her if she wants to go do something when shes not bussied or is avaliable.

Id explain to you why Its...if shes not bussied or is avaliable...
If you havnt figured it out..

If shes as pretty as you say she is...your not the only guy interested in her...So make your move.
If you want her..go get her.
Grow some fucken balls..Women loves men with balls...

If ur luckie enough that she decide to date you...you best have major fucken balls...If shes as pretty as you say she is...lots of guys are going to hit up on her...and shell have her moments of weakness...plus your just dating her and youll never own her...

The trick is to boxed out other men and not control her or blame her cuz guys hit up on her....
If you sexually lite her up and get her off beyound her wildest dreams...
shell come home to ya...

In other words do or say something that makes me different than any other guy that hits on her. Destroy the 4th wall or be destroyed myself. Gotcha.

However, sex is the least of my worries right now and even if or when it comes to that....not trying to be over confident or anything but I'm not worried.

Thanks.

If you romance her...show her a good time..build lots N lots of good memorries and experinces this will lite up her heart and gets her off in another way...
Shell want more of it.

Do your home work...reserch on how to be romantic and apply those things.

If you wish to have a healty and loving relationship with her...do your home work. Reserch and study on these subjects..

Ok, will do. Wish me luck everyone. Friday approaches...

Keep the advice coming! I really appreciate them!

Hey :)

Well first of all I think that idea is pretty sweet. I know a lot of people are saying just ask her out, but you're right, you should try to be different to every other guy. It sounds like she likes you from what you have said. As a girl I wish a guy would have asked me out like that. It's unique, shows you're creative and it's something that you would be able to talk about for years to come. A pretty good story to tell the kids so to speak! If it doesn't work then what have you lost? I think if she doesn't call you after a gesture like that then it's her loss. Go for it, make the paper duck!

Aimee

Oki Doki..dude.
If you dont have sex on ur mind...then ur boxing urself out...
Weahter she allows you to have intercourse with her...its really up to her...but You gatta have sex on ur mind...make her feel sexy and beautiful....

Or can scan through this site and read countless threads of how I guy tries to befriend a chick..get to know her...blah..blah..blan and end up in the freindzone....
Shes a woman dude...not ur sister,mother. Grandma. Or mother teresa...

I women I go with loves to feel sexy and loves sex..

Pics or it's not true :D

jk,but she seems to like you,simply go for it,and since her and your mom have already met,you don't have to do the "meet the parents" part... at least on your side of the things

I don't think you need the duck, but oh my gosh, make the duck!! Sooo cute! And if things worked out in the long run, that could be, like, the most awesome story to tell people. I'd love to be able to say, "My boyfriend and I are having our anniversary." They ask how we got together, and I say he asked me out by making me this adorable origami duck!

PaperDuck87 said:
Thanks Aimee. Also the duck is completed.

No problem, and good luck! Still think its a really sweet gesture :) Let us know how you get on!

Aimee

Hi-
I think the origami is a pretty smooth move. You'll definitely make yourself memorable to her, I think in a good way.
Haha - I just remembered when I lived in Europe I met Fernando from Barcelona who was hot for me and he made me a few origami things and sexily presented them to me. Alas, he was married - lol.
As for giving her your number, I know girls these days are different but I'm much more traditional minded and won't call a guy first. I figure if he's interested, he'll make an effort to call me (and, of course, get my number).
Definitely sounds like Tara is interested. Good luck - as another poster said, you might get rejected but don't quit before you even start! Life would be no fun if we knew how things were going to turn out anyway-

Teresa

This is a picture of her. However I'm not going to show her full face. I want to protect her in case anything was to happen.

thegirl.jpg

Heres a picture of the paper duck by request:
DSC00297.jpg

Latest posts

Back