Teens play the "knockout game" with the wrong guy

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hank2 said:
not quite the same thing as a guy with a dagger in his sleeve...
defense is perfectly fine. but a knife by deffinition is not a defensive weapon.
maybe i'm sheltered in my safe neighbourhood, but in my opinion anyone carrying a weapon around with them is up to no good.
a woman walking around with mace, tazer or a number of defensive items is being smart.
a woman walking around with a razor blade ring or a syringe full of HIV is up to no good.

a concealed weapon is illeagal in any civilized country i know of.. some you can carry a knife on your side, but not hidden if they are over a certain size unless you're law enforcement.
especially in north america.. where this took place.

You are sorely mistaken. In most states, it is relatively easy to obtain a permit to carry a concealed weapon as long as you can pass the appropriate background checks. In some states, you don't need a permit at all.

So me walking around with a Glock 19 concealed means I'm up to no good?

Hank2 said:
why did this guy have a knife?

Living in the city that I do, having been assaulted in the past, and been the victim of harassment/stalking - I carry my own means of protection now.

I think most people should. It might just save your life one day.

i wonder why as well?
do you feel you need it?
get attacked often?
if its concealed its not a deterrant.
i'm glad i live in Canada

Hank2 said:
So me walking around with a Glock 19 concealed means I'm up to no good?
yup.
i wouldnt want you in my neighbourhood. sorry

So does that mean that people walking around with baseball bats are up to no good?

:club:

So in effect what you're saying is that no one should be allowed to carry a means to defend themselves?

Hank2 said:
if its concealed its not a deterrent.
i'm glad i live in Canada

Spelling corrected in quote.....

You are highly mistaken. It is, indeed, a deterrent. If a population has the right to carry a means to defend themselves, then a potential attacker has to weigh the odds that you are/aren't carrying a weapon before carrying out his attack.

The police are under no obligation to protect anyone as an individual. They're primary duty is to keep the peace for the population as a whole. It's up to each individual to decide what means, if any, of self defense they chose to implement.

I'm glad you live in Canada, too.

IgnoredOne said:
I wonder why I have this 'concealed carry license.'

If you have to wonder why you have one, perhaps you don't need it. I know **** good and well why I have mine.

in my expirience and in the region i live in, we barely have to lock our front doors. but thats not to say things dont ever happen.
but my opinion is that the more weapons out there, the more chance they will be used. we dont need to walk around like the wild west.

i'd like to give an example for those that what to hear it that may explain why i have strong views about this.

a few years back, 3 friends of mine were walking home from a night out at a party to raise money for another friends wedding. as they were leaving the party all drunk and rowdy, the cab driver declined to take them because they wouldnt settle down. so they desided to walk.
as theyre making theyre way down the street staggering along and no doubt wrestling with each other or whatever else drunks do around 2am in a residential neighbourhood, 2 guys in a car that happened to be circling the block looking for someone else they were after.. pulled over and yelled at them to shup up and get the hell out of there. of course the 3 drunks exchanged some words with them for about 30 seconds.. then a guy in the car pulled out a gun and let loose. shot one through the heart and he died instantly and another friend in the side where he spent 3 months in hospital.
would having a weapon have helped them at all?
i think not. i say that if none of them had weapons and it was merely a fist fight then no one would be dead.
the men in the car were plenty big enough and sober enough to have stepped out of the car and knocked them out. the guy that died was about 5 foot tall.. the 2 guys in the car turned out to be Hells Angels.
they didnt need to shoot them and i dont think they intended to when they pulled over. they were hyped up and on dope and all wound up ready to pop some other guy when these fools game disrupting everything.. he had a gun in his hand and ready to use it. so he did.

______
p.s. i dont care about spelling mistakes, i riff these out on my smartphone usualy so i'm suprised they come out as good as they do. if it bothers others then i will try to use spell check more ;p

No offense to the memory of your friends, but they made the decision to get drunk and be unable to maintain situational awareness of their surroundings as well as not being in control of their tempers due to their state of mind. If they had NOT been drunk, my guess is that all three would be alive and unharmed today.

So you think that disarming the general populous will keep criminals from getting guns? That is a fallacy!

And I counter your example with this one.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Luby's_massacre
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Suzanna_Hupp

LonelyInAtl said:
Parabolani said:
Dude take down that vid of the baby being punched, that's messed up it's not funny and shouldn't be used for any reason.

have you ever heard of CGI? I hope that's what it is.

Even if it is CGI I think it's sick and should be deleted. Now if you will excuse me I'm going to go kill hundreds of cops on GTA.

Too much violence and stupid people nowadays. It's only gonna get worse.

So you think that disarming the general populous will keep criminals from getting guns? That is a fallacy!
no i dont think that.. but i fail to see how arming the general population makes things safer... that is a fallacy.

p.s.
blaming them for the incident by walking down the street drunk is quite the way to look at it..
you must live in some evil place where you fight for life every day to have an attitude like that where you feel on edge everytime you walk out that door.

Hank2 said:
no i dont think that.. but i fail to see how arming the general population makes things safer... that is a fallacy.

p.s.
blaming them for the incident by walking down the street drunk is quite the way to look at it..
you must live in some evil place where you fight for life every day to have an attitude like that where you feel on edge everytime you walk out that door.

I'm in no way blaming them. However, even you can't deny it was a contributing factor.

LonelyInAtl said:
Parabolani said:
Dude take down that vid of the baby being punched, that's messed up it's not funny and shouldn't be used for any reason.

have you ever heard of CGI? I hope that's what it is.

CGI/animation or not, I felt the image was completely inappropriate (not to mention unpleasant) and have removed it from the OP.

As for the story, I wouldn't carry a knife (you're screwed if it's turned against you, not even considering the illegal factor), but if some idiot tried to hit me for a "laugh" I'd quite happily beat the moron to death if it were necessary to keep myself safe.

I have absolutely zero sympathy for the victims in this case (and equally the knife-carrier should be charged with illegal weapon possession, though I'd say the rest is self-defence). If you punch someone in the head, that could quite easily kill or permanently injure them.

Going so far as trying to knock someone out through brain trauma is pretty much an attempt at grievous bodily harm at minimum. So yeah, if anyone tried that on me and I really hurt them, I would not shed a single tear.

People that do this sort of "happyslapping" crap are scum.

TheSolitaryMan said:
I have absolutely zero sympathy for the victims in this case (and equally the knife-carrier should be charged with illegal weapon possession, though I'd say the rest is self-defence).

How do you know that in the area he was in that carrying such a knife is illegal? Or it that just your personal opinion?

come visit me in flint or detroit

you won't need a gun

especially on 8 Mile after dark

Hey, if I happened to go to the supermarket to buy a fork or a knife or whatever and some random dudes decided to punch me, I'd stab the fresia outta them in self-defense. For all I know, it could easily escalate and they had worse things in mind than just knocking me out.

I wouldn't let someone knock me out!! They'd probably rape, maim, kill, cut me up...

I'm sorry (well, not really), but if your children knock random strangers out for fun, you are a failure as a parent and those kids brought it upon themselves.

DON'T RANDOMLY ******* ATTACK PEOPLE

Ijustwish said:
DON'T RANDOMLY ******* ATTACK PEOPLE

haha, no honeysuckle

i never did anything like that

as i was always convinced that i would select a ninja, or secret service agent, or jet li...or somebody else horrible

that would kick my ass and break all my bones

This will sound bitchy, but I have no pity for these kids...at all...if anything, it's doing us a favor but them not being able to pollute the gene pool...

Oh ya, and not everyone that carries a knife is up to no good...when I go out late at night, I do carry things with me and it's because my city is full of crime...my intention is self-defense...

No way am I giving benefit of the doubt that all that happens when I'm knocked out is that I'll only be knocked out...

No such excuses as "kids will be kids" because only severe ******** like this would do this...these "kids" grow up to become thugs, gangsters and all your neighborhood friendly criminals...I have never played such an idiotic "game" and anyone here that has, is too a dumbass :eek:

I carried a knife for a while because I was afraid.

I r up ta no gud.

I solemnly swears it.

I carry a knife. It's like a kick ass box cutter blade....
I used it to cut whatever the fresia i need to cut.

Cops gone through my car...ect Seen the knives or box cutters.
Some of them have loops you can put your knuckles through.
It's not illegal to have them.

Sometimes i just carry a pen in my back pocket.
I use my pen anyway I wanna or need to use my pen.

I also use to have on of those miniture folded sissors on my key change.
You dont really wanna get hit by me if I hold those sissors a certain way.
They're handy for cutting paper too.

I also have a couple of screwdrivers in my car door panel. Plus there's always a 1 1/2 monkey wrench under my seat.

been robbed or mugged before....

Latest posts

Back