Teens play the "knockout game" with the wrong guy

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
LonelyInAtl said:
How do you know that in the area he was in that carrying such a knife is illegal? Or it that just your personal opinion?

I don't. As a UK citizen, however, carrying a knife anywhere is illegal. Hence my view on that.

If carrying the knife was legal, then of course he's not subject to that law.

Either way, as I said, I see nothing wrong with his actual self defence.

"Knock out game" The second I read that, I immediately just knew it was in the hood. How pathetic.

I carry a knife because its useful. Opens boxes, pries apart stuff, etc. Its a remarkable tool.

And I know **** well why I have a CCW license. Situation awareness is important, but anyone in Texas knows well enough that an armed society is a polite one.

^ I agree with you completely. I as well carry a pocket knife. 'Only cost $1 and the thing could cause some serious damage.

the problem with any weapon, is that when you bring it to a fight, you better be prepared to use it (as opposed to just brandishing it), or be prepared to have it taken and used on you.

a very wise man taught me that a very long time ago. i picked up a big knife and went to confront a guy that was beating on his girlfriend behind a restaurant i worked at. the other chef stopped me and said those words. i put the knife back and we went out and handled it with our fists.

I'm not sure if everyone see that same adds as I do while on this site...
It's funni honeysuckle...espeacially in sensative subject matters threads.

Capture-2.jpg

Talking about ads, I keep seeing electronic cigarettes and stuff at home, and at work, I see API's and SDK's. It's kind of scary how the hell did Google finds out stuff about you so fast, lol.

I also get a "Find a foreign husband" ad LOL! :D

it doesn't matter, if you use Google for a web search, they immediately know who you are by IP address, which most ISP's claim are dynamic, but are actually static as they are renewed over and over again on the lease periods.

if you use GOOGLE, they KNOW who you are and what you've looked at

i use:

- DuckDuckGo for my searches
- Firefox for my browser

Trent said:
it doesn't matter, if you use Google for a web search, they immediately know who you are by IP address, which most ISP's claim are dynamic, but are actually static as they are renewed over and over again on the lease periods.

This is only true in DHCP configurations (normally cable modems). If you use PPPoE, you will most likely get another IP if you disconnect/reconnect.

Anyway, I revel in the fact that I'm way too insignificant for somebody to give a fresia and blackmail/harm me with my personal information. Oh, the blessing of obscurity!

..and to think actually some people WANT to be celebrities...

LonelyInAtl said:
Trent said:

This is only true in DHCP configurations (normally cable modems). If you use PPPoE, you will most likely get another IP if you disconnect/reconnect.

true, i am well aware of the dynamic host configuration protocol

but what of cookies?

Cookies are a different story. You mentioned ISPs and "sticky" IP addresses.

However, if you're savvy, you have Google's tracking cookies turned off. :)

So sad that you can't walk down the street without wondering whether some random punk is going to assault you (and possibly kill you) for no reason other than boredom.

I don't feel a scrap of pity for those two teenagers, only the usual disappointment that their mothers let their filial affections remove any sense of responsibility. Typical... We let kids run wild, don't raise them with any sense of decorum, & when some of them go on a tear & run into the inevitable trouble, the parents get outraged. Well what did those broodsows think would occur if their precious little savages played the knockout game with strangers?

Also, a few of the responses in this thread are quite naive. Realistically the idea of proportional use of force in self-defense only applies when:

1. You have sufficient training to make such a decision in a fraction of a second, & do the right technique(s) instananeously. Bypass your pistol for the pepper spray or taser (assuming you're carrying all those things).
    [*]
    The threat is known--that is, you are reasonably sure the person you're dealing with doesn't have other friends who haven't jumped in yet, isn't carrying concealed weapons himself, etc. That only applies to people you really know.

Now if you're a well-trained police officer or some specwar guy working counterinsurgency, then sure, you can probably tailor your response to the particular threat you're dealing with. If you're a civilian with a small-caliber handgun or folding knife, you might be trained but usually not quite as thoroughly. More to the point, if you go up against an aggressor you've never met before while thinking "Oh, I don't want to hurt him any more than necessary", then you'll probably end up in the hospital at best & dead at worst. In self-defense, you can't hold back. You have to do as much damage as you can until the threat to you is gone, either because the attacker has turned & ran, fallen down, or stopped breathing, whichever comes first. The man who was attacked was quite justified in stabbing, in my book.

The guy may not have intended to kill his attackers. He may have just swung wildly trying to defend himself. It's hard for me to have sympathy with the people that attacked him though...I mean, what are you supposed to do? Just let yourself get beat up, robbed, or worse? If someone tried to do this to me or my family or friends, I know I wouldn't want to just stand there and let them beat us up or steal or damage our property. The way I see it, the two teens that decided to attack the man decided to go out of their way to antagonize someone, and that always carries a risk. Maybe bored teens should think twice before they decide to try and prey on people.

Latest posts

Back