Terrified of males

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lost Soul said:
LeaningIntoTheMuse said:
I would be too intimidated to approach you.

I'm too intimidated to approach any girl. Especially the attractive ones. I hate when I go on arrends for my Dad and I have to talk to someone attractive. Doesn’t happen often, but still.

The pretty ones scare me, into acting like a complete wuss. I only act normal around pretty girls, once I find they're taken and off limits (married/in relationships/lesbians)

Wow, you seem perfect to me physically. You have the perfect level of "sweet" look. Maybe you should try asking a guy out, or drop not so subtle hints. You also look Ukrainian, and Ukrainian girls rock!

Jack _ said:
I do the exact same thing, except with girls. I have this real fear of rejection, so any time i'm attracted to a girl I just don't do anything about it. I get this feeling sometimes that there's no way they'd be attracted to me back, so I don't approach them. It makes me look unfriendly and rude, which obviously isn't the case, but I can't help it.

this one is a big one for me personally

As for the OP you are very pretty and dont have much to worry about. I think in general, at least in our society it is for the girl to hint interest, and the guy to follow up. If the guy is not interested i think we just play it cool so "nothing gain nothing lost" scenario" happens.

The girl really holds the keys, you just have to jingle it : /

i'm terrified of mail too.

i never know when another bill or, heaven forbid, one of those obnoxious pre-declined credit card offers will be there.

Trent said:
i'm terrified of mail too.

i never know when another bill or, heaven forbid, one of those obnoxious pre-declined credit card offers will be there.

Fe-Fi-Fo males scare me. I hate it when people sing that song.

I'm a bit like you but with females.

I try to improve my confidence currently with a little thought: "Whatever". Whenever I see an attractive female I try to think whatever and just act cool. It has somewhat worked, some girls even look at me and smile when I act like this.

And there's nothing wrong with your looks. You look a bit like Mia Wallace from pulp fiction (she's hot.)

Forgive me if this seems too forward, but sometimes this is indicative of earlier trauma. If you have suffered abuse from males in the past, it might be a good idea to do some more work in that area, if you have not already done so. :) I'd suggest you learn to develop or trust your intuition so you can determine who is trustworthy. I admit that when I was learning to accept men, initially I felt that testosterone made males seem.... a bit piggish, impulsive and selfish, blah blah (!). As I learned to get in touch with my own personal power and my fears of anger and aggression, I learned to determine who was actually a threat to my safety. Now, I'm pretty relaxed and confident around most men, I can flirt, make strong eye contact, whatever.

goodmorning said:
I am tired of being so shy and scared of males. Whenever I see a male I am even a little bit attracted to I make sure not to make eye contact and ignore them at all costs. Talking to them is a nightmare. I always come off as unfriendly :( I hate this about me!

You sound exactly like me, except I'm that way around females.

I'll take your silence as being too shy to accept my stalking invitation.

that
or you dont think i am funny... yet

MadMonkè said:
I'll take your silence as being too shy to accept my stalking invitation.

that
or you dont think i am funny... yet

Her last login was a while ago.

I saw this thread and it caught my eye. Because I am also afraid of guys. I have never had a relationship that I didn't get hurt for one reason or another. It took a few years to even get to where I could even think about being near a guy really. I was raped by two men and it was a very traumatic experience. I've had a few boyfriends but they both ended up always yelling and beating me. I don't know why these things happened to me. I am a nice girl, and I've been told I'm not ugly at all. Are all guys like this? They always seem nice at first, and then the evil seems to come out. :(

veronica said:
Are all guys like this?

No, they aren't.

Maybe you just overlook the warning signs or can't see them?

MadMonkè said:
I am forum rules illiterate.

It's not a forum rule. Just to to the person's profile and it tells you.

veronica said:
I was raped by two men and it was a very traumatic experience. I've had a few boyfriends but they both ended up always yelling and beating me.
So sorry to hear about the rapes.
But to answer your question: no, not all men are like that. Actually, I would say that the majority of the men aren't like that. It just seems that you stumbled yourself upon some bad apples. But don't let that discourage you. Just take it as a lesson and be more careful in the future.

Signs:

They move really quickly with the relationship.
They are authoritarian.
They tend to lose their tempers easily.
weird mood swings.
They are posessive.

Other signs are:

Charismatic (or glibness)
Really into themselves. (only care about themselves, aka narcissistic)
Ruthless in aspects of their life (like in work.)
Controlling.
Manipulative (press your buttons for certain emotions to get what they want)

Also, you, do you trust too easily?

Latest posts

Back