Thank Goodness 2015 is ending

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Alone By Faults

Reaction score
Just a bad year for the most part. I have stability on a personal level I did not have for the first ten months.

As for the rest, meditation, diet, and very few relationships is the course for me.

screw the secular world

I can't say 2015 was all that great for me either, but while I do hope 2016 is better, I don't really put it on a calendar year. I just had more things than usual happen this year that conveniently fell between January and December.

I am so glad to hear tb that your 2015 was pretty good.

Empathy for you Callie in that 2015 was meh at best..

LOL...as the last reminder that 2015 had some real "winners" in my life...both a professional and very personal contact made contact after being under the radar and ignoring my emails or texts for a while. The professional wanted clarification on some part of a contract...against my better judgment I responded and of course no reply afterward.

The personal one was a great disappointment once again...got a text out of the blue that had one character "." I figured the string of events to have my contact come up from oh so many, just one character pressed, and then send was too many. Against my better judgment I relied inquiring if it was a genuine form of communication or accidental. Of course no response....

Just a little reminder of why 2015 stunk and that by them not being in my life starting in 2016 will make it oh so better.

Same. This year has been one of the most hardest years of my whole life. Still painful...

worst year of my life, together with 2014 - I sincerely hope it will stop now

I gave up on saying this had been my worst year ever, because each year I say that, the next one is worse than the last. The last 5 years of my life have been a nightmare. It has become the norm now to have problems beyond my control.

Next year really could be our year, we have to believe that and maybe it could be true, why not??

My last post seems a bit trite, it's more me trying to motivate me than anything else.

Lanlan said:
Next year really could be our year, we have to believe that and maybe it could be true, why not??

My last post seems a bit trite, it's more me trying to motivate me than anything else.

Nothing wrong with that! :)

I always start a year wishing something, then I always get the opposite... So I'm not really "wishing" anything specific for this year.
I don't like to create false hope.

lonelynurse said:
I always start a year wishing something, then I always get the opposite... So I'm not really "wishing" anything specific for this year.
I don't like to create false hope.

I made that mistake a lot in 2013 and 2014. I get my hopes way too much and always end up disappointed. To me, being optimistic is somewhat of a delusion.. :(

I'm not getting my hopes up for this year either. 2015 sucked big time, why would 2016 be any different?

While 2015 wasn't a great year at all for me, all I can do is to reflect about my experiences of the year, good or bad, keep my determination and perseverance high and hope circumstances of life let me get more out of this new year than last one. Life is a continuous journey and I should progress step by step to achieve the bigger goals in life which may happen within 2016 or not. Not being disheartened is important.

Hopefully, we all have great accomplishments in our lives in 2016.

Unfortunately, I could honestly say that 2015 was the worst year in my life. It's been a year of immense pain and events which left me more broken and depressed than I've ever been before.
Hopefully 2016 will be a year of good recovery and moving towards better life.

RainOfColors said:
Unfortunately, I could honestly say that 2015 was the worst year in my life.
for me too, maybe two other years were even worse, but still

I'm hoping things will improve for me this year. 2015 had its ups and downs but got stressful towards the end. Hope everyone is having a good year so far!

Latest posts

Back