To text or not to text that is the question?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
But vanilla Please, don't walk around with this no one ever owes you an explanation type thinking. Not every case does that work, right? That will cause a lot of bad blood between people if everyone walked around with that attitude. I wrote the book on this topic.
It's called " i don't owe anyone an explanation" now I am being sarcastic. But if ever you are left waiting for a friend, boyfriend, parent who was scheduled to meet you and never showed. Don't say to yourself " they don't owe me any reason. Because that can make you look weak. Anyway, the case above is obviously different. But I do understand that ignoring someone is a communication in itself that someone doesn't care to keep that relationship going. But I get you loud and clear. Trust me.

TheRealCallie said:
This kind of seems like a "I DIDN'T GET MY WAY SO I'M GOING TO THROW A TANTRUM" type of thing....

No. Not at all. But that's you. You come at people with this hostility through texts. I actually have a very good understanding on this topic,situation. 

Called communication or lack there of!!

Callie I am sorry you misunderstood me somewhere along the way

Restless soul said:
TheRealCallie said:
This kind of seems like a "I DIDN'T GET MY WAY SO I'M GOING TO THROW A TANTRUM" type of thing....

No. Not at all. But that's you. You come at people with this hostility through texts. I actually have a very good understanding on this topic,situation. 

Called communication or lack there of!!

Callie I am sorry you misunderstood me somewhere along the way

Good understanding of...communication?  Yet she hasn't talked to you for how long?  That's NO communication.  By this thread and all your other threads, I'd say you're just pissed off because you didn't get to decide how it ended.

Don't remember if my other thread was about the same person. No two people or situations are alike.
Don't you know that by now? And I am not allowed to ever be upset according to you? Just walk around in the clouds???

Callie, are you up to chat on the phone? Sometimes things get confused via text and posts. Rushed typing etc..

TheRealCallie said:
lol, that is never going to happen.

Really affraid? I am so upset .i will have a tantrum. Come on!! Get out of the chat.

Well i am open to the idea and you can even block your #

Restless soul said:
TheRealCallie said:
lol, that is never going to happen.

Really affraid? I am so upset .i will have a tantrum. Come on!! Get out of the chat.

Afraid....of you?  lol, no, not even close.  I'm just not going to waste my time.  It's one thing to post on a forum to someone who never seems to change or listen to anyone's advice.  It's quite another to give you personal information and I don't use voice apps such as skype or the like.

Wow waste of time okay I see how your attitude is already already having going in with the bad attitude with me. That's precisely why I want to have a phone chat changed it changed it the tone change the dialogue but you seem very stubborn. But if she can have a friendly conversation and you're not open-minded and I'm sorry it's okay no problem you don't owe me anything right? I know you like that saying you don't owe me anything that's fine of course you don't I don't know I don't know you right cuz I don't know you no problem.👌👌👌👍👍

By the way that whole text above was sent with from speech to text so don't mind any errors

Who is talking about voice apps I said call like a phone call. Considering you are in the USA it should be free for you but it's okay

You should learn to move on. Sometimes it simply doesn't work, you can't FORCE something like this to happen; in fact it'll just make things worse. Like everyone else who was against the idea of texting you just done it anyway because you can't let it go. Another thing to consider is not all people will fill your personal expectations, unfortunately it's something you have to just deal with.

Someone should write a book on this.

You don't here back from person in x amount of time.
Ignored texts. Can you reply and how?

Everyone here seems to be in the camp that person shouldn't feel upset, disappointed, or angry. Maybe this was the wrong crowd to ask. I don't know

Women are pretty simple creatures. If they want to talk to you, they will. If they don't, they won't. Also, nothing turns a woman off faster than a bloke who is constantly pestering her. Text a woman. If she replies, great, but make sure that she is the one to initiate the next conversation. If she doesn't reply, you do not text again. If she texts later, great. If not, move on.

I have a young friend I work with. He recently started talking to a girl because she was interested in him. However, as he continually initiated conversation, she got bored. I advised him to back off. He did. Now, she invites him round to her house. What for? Don't know. Haven't asked. Not my business. Point is, if you get clingy or nag etc, they won't want to continue talking to you. Give them chance to miss you and they might. If they have had chance and don't contact you, you'd best put in the "Worth a shot" pile and crack on with your life.

jean-vic said:
Women are pretty simple creatures. If they want to talk to you, they will. If they don't, they won't. Also, nothing turns a woman off faster than a bloke who is constantly pestering her. Text a woman. If she replies, great, but make sure that she is the one to initiate the next conversation. If she doesn't reply, you do not text again. If she texts later, great. If not, move on.

I have a young friend I work with. He recently started talking to a girl because she was interested in him. However, as he continually initiated conversation, she got bored. I advised him to back off. He did. Now, she invites him round to her house. What for? Don't know. Haven't asked. Not my business. Point is, if you get clingy or nag etc, they won't want to continue talking to you. Give them chance to miss you and they might. If they have had chance and don't contact you, you'd best put in the "Worth a shot" pile and crack on with your life.

That's not ALWAYS true.  I hate initiating conversations, but I will usually be happy to converse with anyone who texts me...although, that might only be because of who has my number at the moment.  Bring new guys into the situation and that could definitely change.
Honestly, I've been so busy lately that I usually forgot to talk to people via my phone, so I love getting texts to remind me there's an outside world with people who care about me. 

But yeah, in Restless' case, it's probably true.

...never once had a women (outside of a platonic friend) initiate a text/email/fb message. I get the impression that only happens if you're above average attractive.

A lot of time the guy has to keep initiating. However, knowing when to stop is important.

Restless soul said:
Everyone here seems to be in the camp that person shouldn't feel upset, disappointed, or angry. Maybe this was the wrong crowd to ask. I don't know

Just because you're not getting the response you probably want, doesn't mean everyone here is invalid. We don't know how the lady feels about it. We only read your side. It's not necessarily the wrong crowd just because we're not telling you to keep texting. In case you didn't realize, that can very easily turn into harassment.

ardour said:
...never once had a women (outside of a platonic friend) initiate a text/email/fb message. I get the impression that only happens if you're above average attractive.

Wrong.

ardour said:
However, knowing when to stop is important.

Exactly.

Yes, it's all very interesting. Takes effort on both sides to maintain a relationship I think. Am I guilty of doing it? That is ignoring someone? Sure. So I will leave it there

Latest posts

Back