too old

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

suds00

Reaction score
i've been on here awhile now.it appears that everyone is much younger than i.i guess i'll have to find a site for lonely old folks.lol

Suds, please stay! Like NerdyGirl said, you are never too old to be lonesome. I am definitely NOT young, and have been a member since January of this year, and have posted Threads when I need help, added input by posting on a Thread I feel I have something worth saying, and have met people, who I consider, true FRIENDS that I Private Message with. Except for one lady, they are all at the veryleast 20 years younger than me. Please get active in the Forum, and you will see it helps people of all ages!

suds00 said:
i've been on here awhile now.it appears that everyone is much younger than i.i guess i'll have to find a site for lonely old folks.lol

In the UK it seems ever age over 17 is considered ancient at the moment.

Personally I dont see why you cant chat on here equally as well as the rest of us. It shouldn't matter if your 15 or 50 or 150.

I was thinking about this, I cant speak for the rest of the world but we are seeing the beginnings of "age segregation" in the UK.

@ least ur all just c ing the beginnings of it
weve been age segreg8d in the st8s 4evr
:rolleyes:

Well at 17 you are a child now is what you're really saying. Because when I was 17 I was a young adult.

suds00 said:

Hey! I'm old too!! (:)
But one is only as old as they feel...... so that would make me 16!!!

Nolife Princess said:
suds00 said:

Hey! I'm old too!! (:)
But one is only as old as they feel...... so that would make me 16!!!

Or,you're only as old as the woman you're feeling!:rolleyes2:

In the UK people are staying in education until they are 30 in some cases, and reports say the average age for leaving home is in your 30's. I think these reach 16/17 and get stuck there mentally. Not uncommon to see people into their 30's living and behaving like they are 18 still - that usually means a lot of smoking and partying and late nights which causes them to age faster. So here in chelmsford you see a lot of (men especially) who are 34 but act 18 and look 44.

I am 30. But I think mentally I feel 21 at the moment, this is because I am having driving lessons which makes me feel a bit like a kid and I have quit smoking and been going to the gym so I physically feel fitter than I ever was at 21. But unfortunately my face looks every bit of my 30 years.

My skin cells are too old.

Yeah as far as I know, the generation after me tried to stay, not young, which is good, but immature, forever. Maybe that's what you're saying about it. If there's something new in the new one where you grow up fast again, like in my time, I don't know about it.
It can be a bit sad getting old when you see young people so full of hope, but a life unlived is the real sadness..in fact, tragic.

oopsiedoop said:
Yeah as far as I know, the generation after me tried to stay, not young, which is good, but immature, forever. Maybe that's what you're saying about it. If there's something new in the new one where you grow up fast again, like in my time, I don't know about it.
It can be a bit sad getting old when you see young people so full of hope, but a life unlived is the real sadness..in fact, tragic.

This is one of my pet peeves "....a life unlived....", it kills me to see people wasting their life on nothing of substance. I may be lonely but I'm always creative. So many people in the small community I live in just don't want to do anything. A young lad of 14 recently informed me that he was going to be a deadbeat just like his dad- these were HIS words.

To me it seems every young person wants to do so something -- but they have deadbeat dads. At least, that's what happened to me. Ok, not deadbeat at all, but in my case overcontrolling hypercritical idiots.

Lonely in BC said:
oopsiedoop said:

This is one of my pet peeves "....a life unlived....", it kills me to see people wasting their life on nothing of substance. I may be lonely but I'm always creative. So many people in the small community I live in just don't want to do anything. A young lad of 14 recently informed me that he was going to be a deadbeat just like his dad- these were HIS words.

Unfortunately we need deadbeats. There are not enough opportunities to resources in the world for everyone to lead a successful productive life.

It happens where I am too. People are just too quick to give up and fall in line. Time after time I hear about teenage girls getting pregnant just to have something to do or teenage boys planning a future on welfare because it’s easy.

At the risk of sounding like an older stereotype many people just aren’t willing to work for anything anymore. Whatever they want they expect others to provide in an instant which is a real shame because for me one of the greatest pleasures in life is having a dream and working hard to make it a reality. It’s a feeling you just can’t get elsewhere.

It’s not just the youngsters I admit, there are 28 households in my street and just 10 of them work, there are jobs aplenty but no one wants to work for anything anymore. Gone are the pride and morals, disappeared are the dreams and visions and instead their lives will be unlived only for them to blame someone else for their shortcomings on their deathbeds.

Sometimes I think the human race was made extinct decades ago.

suds00 said:

Suds...... Loneliness knows no age.... we all have issues.

Hugs to you.... MERRY CHRISTMAS!!

Suds...... Loneliness has no boundaries, We all have issues.

Huggs to you! MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!

Lost Drifter said:
It happens where I am too. People are just too quick to give up and fall in line. Time after time I hear about teenage girls getting pregnant just to have something to do or teenage boys planning a future on welfare because it’s easy.

At the risk of sounding like an older stereotype many people just aren’t willing to work for anything anymore. Whatever they want they expect others to provide in an instant which is a real shame because for me one of the greatest pleasures in life is having a dream and working hard to make it a reality. It’s a feeling you just can’t get elsewhere.

It’s not just the youngsters I admit, there are 28 households in my street and just 10 of them work, there are jobs aplenty but no one wants to work for anything anymore. Gone are the pride and morals, disappeared are the dreams and visions and instead their lives will be unlived only for them to blame someone else for their shortcomings on their deathbeds.

Sometimes I think the human race was made extinct decades ago.

I dont think teenage boys plan a life on welfare but the fact is we now live in such a commercial world run by marketing men, I would guess most the time teenage boys who go on welfare do so because they see no way to get the big house, the walking wardrobe full of custom Nike shoes and all of that stuff.

Certainly in the UK the choice for a lot of young people is work long hours in a mind numbingly dull job for next to nothing or go on welfare.

This is partly because their parents and the education system failed them. But it is mostly to do with the fact there is not enough money to go round because THE BANKERS AND RICH ARE HORDING IT ALL.

Latest posts

Back