Triggered by FB...How do some people create such a huge social life?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey HappyYogi,

You have to realize that people consciously use Facebook as an image-building tool for themselves. So they exaggerate their social life out of proportion to make it seem uber-fun and vibrant, when in fact they may be dragging their feet through all the social events they committed themselves to, and experiencing a bunch of negative stuff on the side that never gets "shared". I read an article in a magazine about "Facebook-triggered depression", and it was highlighting exactly this phenomenon - people get depressed after going on Facebook cos it seems like everyone's having fuller and happier lives than themselves. I must admit, I'm not immune to this myself and often get trapped in negative thinking after browsing my friends' pages! Just limit your exposure - get off Facebook!

A second thought is that people are different - some are "social butterflies" who thrive on having a bunch of people around them every minute of the day, but you may not be one of them. I'm definitely not - that level of social interaction would be a major chore and drag for me. Never be ashamed of who you are - if you found a friend, go ahead and meet up him! You ARE an interesting person, and you don't need to feel inferior to others in any way!

I often get depressed when I see my contacts, and how their life is so good. They hang out all the time, talk to each other like they were siblings or best friends since they were young, say weird things (but funny things) etc. It is a reminder of something I want but can't have. Sometimes I really get depressed. I wish I was them, because they are so much luckier then me. They have pretty much everything I want.

Friend ship (Strong one too)
Normality (being normal)
No curse
Social skills
They can think and speak with have a BPD (Brain Process Disorder)
Emotions
Probably even their own house/apartment.

I can't get my own place, unless my parents get me my own place, which won't be happening any time soon. I get a disability check from the government which is really less then $400 a month, because I have Asperger's and can't get a job. Pretty much the only reason why I can't get a job is because of canker sores, which is really bad. I have one now.

I used to get them once every few months, took me years to be ready for a job, what happens when I finally become ready for a job, canker sore out of no where, No I get them like they're going out of style. They last a week or two, another few days I got one again, same thing. It's been happening since New Years Eve 2010.

The curse keeps it not possible for me being successful, such as having a friend, getting a job. Things always happen and it's more then just a coincidence. It is pretty much predictable. I never used to believe in curses until I got thinking about my life and put it all together, so many things going wrong at the right (or wrong time) time.

I also notice, every time I'm in high spirits, like I'll be in a really good mood, then all of sudden, something bad happens which brings me right down to sadness or disappointment. I hate when that happens. Or, I'll right something really important, and my Fox crashes. It hardly ever crashes. I could go on, because there is so many. It's not because I think it, I don't have to think it, it happens anyway. This started happening before I believed in curses, probably my whole life, but I started noticing it a few years ago.

I am usually successful at fixing computers, got my drivers license (which took a couple years to happen, not because I was a bad driver). I got my license on the first try, and I have a car.

That's the only thing the curse doesn’t intervene. But give me a situation, I can predict the outcome. I kinda hink that's why girls judge me, even just by one look, I think it's curse giving them a message that I'm a freak or something, it makes sense. But there is a lot of two face rats out there, so I could be wrong and that could be a coincidence.

...because I have Asperger's and can't get a job. Pretty much the only reason why I can't get a job is because of canker sores, which is really bad. I have one now.

I used to get them once every few months, took me years to be ready for a job, what happens when I finally become ready for a job, canker sore out of no where, No I get them like they're going out of style. They last a week or two, another few days I got one again, same thing. It's been happening since New Years Eve 2010.

Asperger's may make things more challenging for you - but totally cannot prevent you from finding work. Same for ADHD - I know a few people that are making 80k plus and they don't let it prevent them from succeeding.

As for canker sores; have you seen a doctor about it?? I'm not sure what causes them...is it a particular food or is there treatment?? I thought that canker sores are typically noticeable only on the inside of the mouth?
That sucks but hey, I've seen people out there in the working world with all sorts of disabilities. I've seen quite a few people where their eyes were both pointing in opposite directions...and they work fantastic jobs and most of the public (yes, there will be the occasional *******) are respectful and mature. A lot of youth/ young adults will be ******** about it; but once you go into the working world - no one wants to be slammed with some discrimination, harassment etc suit and people are more mature.

I am usually successful at fixing computers, got my drivers license (which took a couple years to happen, not because I was a bad driver). I got my license on the first try, and I have a car.

That's awesome! And have you considered going to a technical college for a computer diploma or degree? As long as you can repair computers; people don't care how you look or expect you to have magnificent social skills. You can communicate very well in writing; so it's not like stringing several sentences together is impossible for you. It can translate into verbal communication if you work on it and build your confidence.

Stars said:
...because I have Asperger's and can't get a job. Pretty much the only reason why I can't get a job is because of canker sores, which is really bad. I have one now.

Asperger's may make things more challenging for you - but totally cannot prevent you from finding work. Same for ADHD - I know a few people that are making 80k plus and they don't let it prevent them from succeeding.

As for canker sores; have you seen a doctor about it?? I'm not sure what causes them...is it a particular food or is there treatment?? I thought that canker sores are typically noticeable only on the inside of the mouth?
That sucks but hey, I've seen people out there in the working world with all sorts of disabilities. I've seen quite a few people where their eyes were both pointing in opposite directions...and they work fantastic jobs and most of the public (yes, there will be the occasional *******) are respectful and mature. A lot of youth/ young adults will be ******** about it; but once you go into the working world - no one wants to be slammed with some discrimination, harassment etc suit and people are more mature.

That's awesome! And have you considered going to a technical college for a computer diploma or degree? As long as you can repair computers; people don't care how you look or expect you to have magnificent social skills. You can communicate very well in writing; so it's not like stringing several sentences together is impossible for you. It can translate into verbal communication if you work on it and build your confidence.

I was interested at first, but I was interested in getting a courier job, because I like driving.

As for the canker sores, I don't know what cuases them. My folks thought for awhile it was process meat (since I eat a lot of it), but I ate process meat during a canker sore and it didn't effect it, it healed soon.

I've been to the doctor, a few experts and they don't have an answer. I've been a natural path (correct?) doctor and she put on some meds, because she thought I had low zinc. I tried that I think, but it didn't work. Someone suggested a medication, which I still take and have been taken for a few months, but it dosen't seem to work. It's a not OTC (Over The Counter) drug, I forget the name of it. Someone said it cured their sure tongue, or at least fixed it.

I know how you feel. I am like you with the family and social life. It doesn't bother me though. What many people seem to do is compare themselves to the people around them. Usually it's the more popular people or people who are well off in life that they compare themselves to. Then they ask themselves why they don't have that or are not like that. The answer is simple though.

We all lead different lives. People who appear to be well off generally have always been well off. You've heard that saying right? "Things start as they mean to go on" or something like that. That's true to an extent. If like me you've had a tougher, problematic, worse off start in life then you're bound to appear worse off compared to others. This is the case with me at least. What I do is compare myself now to myself before. When I do that I realize that I am great! Now I can do things I never could do before (Partly because of age and partly because of being worse off) 2 weeks ago I bought myself a nice new Laptop. This may be nothing to some but it was a first for me. It was another step towards being not so worse off as I used to be.

In summary, don't compare yourself to the best off people. Compare yourself to the worst off people. Or at least, the people who have had similar experiences to you.

I love your list of FB issues and I agree.
Can I post it on my FB? :)

[/quote]

Canker sores are caused by stomach acid and diet.
Change what you eat and it will solve most of your problems.
Talk to a kineseologist.

There are many people in Fb who have friend's list like 1000 or more which is a joke. They don't even know many of them.They add for no reason just to increase the friend's list. Remember, always talk to those who talk with you, who remembers who you are and not those who just talks only if u start a conversation and those who just add and don't talk any day.Don't waste your time with those stupids.

The popularity of one in FB is in fact just a figure. Ask ourselves - are we really talking to all of these friends on daily basis?
For me, I have long stopped adding people in my FB unless it is a friend I am communicating to outside FB as well.

I pay no attention to my facebook anymore lol. I come on here much more than facebook. :D

The most "friends" I ever had on facebook was 36. I have known of some who have like 500 contacts,but I'm sure they don't talk to any of them and vice versa. Facebook is very overrated. They deleted my account for absolutely no reason. I made another account later after they did it, but closed it. No regrets either. The website's boring.

Latest posts

Back