True Love in my mind

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zhara

Reaction score
I don't see myself as cynical or crazy, but over the past few weeks I have come to the conclusion that there are no such thing as true love. After my divorce I did say that I would grow old alone and maybe that is in fact starting to take shape now.

Yes true love I can say I have for my children I love them to bits I will lay down my life for them, I will give my last breath to them.

True love for another man? No, NO I cannot see myself ever giving my heart to another soul. Its not lack of not trying I tried and well yes I was more alone inside the relationship than outside.

Ok my idea of a relation ship is, fellowship, friendship, companionship, being able to talk about everything and anything. Holding hands when you walk about where everyone can see just so everyone will know that you belong together. if you don't hold hands that's also fine.....Doing things together even cleaning the house washing the car or even working on the car. Sharing , sharing everything no hiding of things no secrets except when there's a planned surprize. That's how I was in my relationship I wanted him to be apart of every single thing in my life.

But I guess that's not a relationship as it failed , I failed and now I think im too tired and getting too old to try again.

Thanks for reading I needed to get it off my chest. If I sound crazy I really am not:)

If you're crazy then so am I Zhara, because I feel exactly the same as you.
I hope you find peace in your life wherever it leads you.

I don't think you are cynical or crazy either. I don't think your idea of what a relationship should be is bad at all. I don't think anyone would say so either. You just want to be wanted by the other person.

A friendly word of advice though if you don't mind. Even though you said you would never have true love for another man just when you least expect it and in the last place where you think you'll find it that is where you will find true love.

Either way, best of luck to you.

Latest posts

Back