Two women trying to set me up with someone else

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ardour said:
echoing there is no hope...

You should certainly not ask this woman out again - remove that from your thought process- it could get you in some serious trouble this time around.

These "friends" of yours are goading you, but I would NOT report them. They sound like the immature sort who might react by filing a vindictive counter-harassment claim. Then you're up honeysuckle creek again.

Just do your best to ignore it and keep your dignity.

Oh I have no interest in this woman. I agree with all, she had her chance 16 years ago and she said a definite 'NO' - in fact it was the worst rejection I have ever had. She's a nasty ****** at times.

I admit all those years I had a crush on her but it was for all the wrong reasons. She seemed a lonely person, no friends, never goes on dates - so I became interested in her. Felt I would have more chance with someone like her. I was mixed up then, not thinking.

I could write more. I think she has major issues. After I had asked her out, a few months later, her hair started to fall out. I never said anything to her. But I did wonder if it was caused by the stress of me asking her out. It all sounds crazy but it happened. I thought I was a monster of some kind, causing this poor woman so much distress by simply asking her on a date.

She's still got issues with her hair now. Everybody has noticed but nobody dare say anything. She ******* sulks if I don't fuss around her but I don't care anymore. Yes we talk but I consider it just small talk to pass the day away !

I agree that this lady sounds as though she has major issues. Hopefully the other two women you work with will not mention the matter again.

Tiina63 said:
I agree that this lady sounds as though she has major issues. Hopefully the other two women you work with will not mention the matter again.

Thanks. I think one of them will carry it on though, she's the type to.
She often says things in front of the other woman (the one I asked out), stuff to embarrass us. When we are in a three talking, she will say the most outrageous thing. I don't know if she is some kind of crude match maker.

Probably for the best that you just don't talk about this sort of thing for a while with coworkers, and if they press the issue, stop talking to them immediately and find any excuse to terminate the conversation. It sucks but there is no sense in making a bad situation worse, and there is really nothing more to say that will matter. It was a mistake to even broach the subject of women in the workplace.

It does help to take some time afterwards to detach from work and the people involved.

You shouldn't feel that guilty about the woman involved; seriously, a woman is offended because you asked her out? That's completely unreasonable, the woman has her own honeysuckle to deal with. However much you might care, there is nothing you can do for her, it's done.

Latest posts

Back