Very little attention and very few friends

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hearmenow2012

Reaction score
First off when I was younger(I am only 20 and there is plenty of time but it doesn't seem like anything is going to change any time soon) I can always remember having friends around me and being able to get on well with people but over the years my friends have been fading away from me. I only have a few friends these days and I don't even see them that often. I don't receive very much positive attention from women and if I do it is usually only because they are a friend of a friend. I haven't really made any new friends for a while and it seems like most people just ignore me. It also gets me down sometimes when I see couples as I haven't been in a relationship in over 4 years or even close to one.

I am not very confident but do I hope to change that by losing weight so that I am able to feel better about myself. I am not always negative by the way :p

Salmonman said:
Man that's pretty much the same boat I'm in. Except I've never been in a relationship. It can get really tough.

Yeah you are right. I feel for you as I would probably feel worse if I had never been in a relationship but here's to hoping that something comes up for us soon in the near future :) If you wish to feel free to message me any time

Yeah I been in a bad relationship from a former friend. I know it sucks but your better off not having someone just uses you.

I never really make any friends and when I do they end up being short term or basically ********. Try increasing your confidence im sure you can do it :D

Time to get in contact with your friends or put energy into making new ones. :)

SophiaGrace said:
Time to get in contact with your friends or put energy into making new ones. :)

I do this but most of the time they seem to be doing their own thing and sometimes I don't know how to make new friends. I sometimes meet new people and I get talking to them a bit but they seem more like acquaintances or it seems like I am getting on well with somebody one minute and then the next they'll just disappear from my life for lengthy periods at a time.

Why not kill 2 birds with one stone and head for the gym, since I am a stay-at-home dad I cant get out of the house which is very lonely. I dream about heading for the gym and talking about different weight loss or muscle exercises. I am also in the boat where I find it hard to meet new people, when I do meet someone they are more like aquaintences, I kind of wish there was someone I could just hang out with sometimes.

martin999 said:
Why not kill 2 birds with one stone and head for the gym, since I am a stay-at-home dad I cant get out of the house which is very lonely. I dream about heading for the gym and talking about different weight loss or muscle exercises. I am also in the boat where I find it hard to meet new people, when I do meet someone they are more like aquaintences, I kind of wish there was someone I could just hang out with sometimes.

I used to be a member of the gym recently, but because I didn't feel like I was going enough I gave up on it (I was losing interest for some reason even when I was receiving compliments which doesn't make sense to me). I'll probably re-join again in the near future because I have been giving it some thought, however right now I am focusing on moving out and saving for a gig that I am going to in December.

Hearmenow2012 said:
right now I am focusing on moving out and saving for a gig that I am going to in December.

Sounds like fun. I can't wait to move out of where I am either. Have fun with the gig (what gig btw?) and good luck with the moving out.

I remember when I was 20. I was just out of high school, and had no friends as well.

Then I went to college at age 23. Suddenly, I had a wide circle of friends. Most of them are no longer friends, but I do have a few people I keep in contact with (I'm 30.)

I moved away and changed schools at age 25, and made some friends at age 27. Two of which I consider close friends, and another that I met on a forum and then met in real life. I don't have a wide circle of friends right now, but if I shouted out "Help, I need to get out of the house", someone would respond.

I guess I'm trying to say that things get better with time.

Losing weight should be good for you. Whatever helps you feel like a healthy expression of you.

Were you meeting these people at the gym?

Hey dude! You sound exactly like me! except for the lose weight thing, I'd be good of gaining a few pounds. (I'm a rather skinny puppy)

Anyhow! What's important is to always keep yourself in a good mood and keep trying, keep going with the little things you got going for ya.

Feels like I'm talking to myself, here, but yeah, I relate to your situation, alot!

Latest posts

Back