Was about to breakdown at the busstop....

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CrazyGuy123

Reaction score
Today was a horrible day for me.

I am 18 years old.

i study Mechanical Engineering.
I spent most of my time either sitting infront of the computer or doing school work.

So today was a friday and i had a group exercise, for this exercise the students had to be in groups of 3-4, so i end up in a group(By Default of course). and we had to do Homework for this exercise....Turns out i was the only one who did my home work!

i ended up in a group of people who didnt care!

So we had 8 exercises we had to do and we only did 1! and we had to do all of those 8 to go to the Exams!

i cant do those exercises alone because my group needs to be in the lab with me(We cant access the lab without our group), i told my gruop this and they didnt care and then i asked my teacher if i could get another group and he told me "Your an Adult, Solve it!"...

So we are packing up with every other group having finished their exercises(all 8), and mine not even finishing the second. so i go to the busstop and i see people chatting i start to think "This is my First Semester and because of this i might fail nd these people are in their 4th and are happy!".

my feet start shaking, tears fall out of my eyes and i was nearly about to yell, but luckly i was able to maintain some control over myself......This day just hurt me so bad and i dont have nothing else but school.

I can never catch a break....

If this group are going to drag you down in your studies, I suggest you go over the teachers head to the head of faculty, guidance counselor or other senior staff member and talk to them. Your studies are important, and you should fight to ensure that you can make the most of them.

The comment before mine strikes me as very reasonable. Department head are very powerful resources and unlike high school, some of the guidance counselors actually kind of know what is going on.
I'd simply add that as you progress in your studies it will get better. The people that don't want to be there will drop out, and fewer of your classes will have students in them that are only taking it as a pre-req. or to satisfy their GE load.

What you experienced at the bus stop is where your mind is racing not long after some significant event that causes you stress. Your mind automatically plays out the worst case and it's almost like it gets caught in a sea of negativity which instantly effects your mood and emotions, usually this DOES pass once you calmed down and get some perspective but the worry is always still there.

This issue with your teacher is pretty annoying, you'd think they could recognize a weak group like that. I would try and explain the situation again and is he responds in a similar manner then go above him to complain. I find it stupid that something like this could effect weather you pass or fail and it's completely out of your hands, surely they can't just say "Sorry, that's how it goes". Group work is stupid anyway, better off having independent work for everyone.

9006 said:
What you experienced at the bus stop is where your mind is racing not long after some significant event that causes you stress. Your mind automatically plays out the worst case and it's almost like it gets caught in a sea of negativity which instantly effects your mood and emotions, usually this DOES pass once you calmed down and get some perspective but the worry is always still there.

This issue with your teacher is pretty annoying, you'd think they could recognize a weak group like that. I would try and explain the situation again and is he responds in a similar manner then go above him to complain. I find it stupid that something like this could effect weather you pass or fail and it's completely out of your hands, surely they can't just say "Sorry, that's how it goes". Group work is stupid anyway, better off having independent work for everyone.

Great advise.

CrazyGuy123 said:
Today was a horrible day for me.

I am 18 years old.

i study Mechanical Engineering.
I spent most of my time either sitting infront of the computer or doing school work.

So today was a friday and i had a group exercise, for this exercise the students had to be in groups of 3-4, so i end up in a group(By Default of course). and we had to do Homework for this exercise....Turns out i was the only one who did my home work!

i ended up in a group of people who didnt care!

So we had 8 exercises we had to do and we only did 1! and we had to do all of those 8 to go to the Exams!

i cant do those exercises alone because my group needs to be in the lab
with me(We cant access the lab without our group), i told my gruop this
and they didnt care and then i asked my teacher if i could get another gr
oup and he told me "Your an Adult, Solve it!"...

So we are packing up with every other group having finished their exercises(all 8), and mine not even finishing the second. so i go to the busstop and i see people chatting i start to think "This is my First Semester and because of this i might fail nd these people are in their 4th and are happy!".

my feet start shaking, tears fall out of my eyes and i was nearly about to yell, but luckly i was able to maintain some control over myself......This day just hurt me so bad and i dont have nothing else but school.

I can never catch a break....

create your own breaks by not letting this get to you because
life doesnt always go our way.
take it with a grain of salt for the sake of your health, for illness starts with being under stress.

Hi
you are only 18 and need to understand that life doesnt always go our way.
is it worth your health to get so upset?
you are under alot of stress and stress causes illness.
you cant control te world, but, you can control yourself by not letting things get to you.
just do your best and that is all you need to do.
you will be better off in the long run.

Latest posts

Back