Well...

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brian

Reaction score
So there's this girl I've been hanging out with a LOT lately. She's part of my department and we obviously have a lot of mutual friends, and the past week(ish) they've all been cracking jokes to me about us dating and asking when the wedding is and a few things a bit more crude.

Honestly I really do like her, and I was kind of hoping we WERE dating, but I really wasn't sure and I kinda wanted to know.

Anyway, it goes down like this.

Text sent to girl: So you know everyone thinks we're dating, right?

Desired response: Well, tell them we are/We are, aren't we?/etc

What she ACTUALLY said: "Lol what? They do? Is that why Ed wouldn't quit asking me about you the other day?"

Turns out we're real good friends. So much for that I guess.

I must totally suck at reading signals or body language or whatever you want to call it. I sort of thought we'd been flirting and that she liked me because she doesn't mind physical contact, like if I touch her hair or something. It's a **** good thing I didn't do anything stupid like try to hold her hand or try to kiss her or something. Talk about awkward. I can only imagine.

I need to just start listening to my inner voice on this honeysuckle. When it says "SHE DOESNT LIKE YOU, *******", it usually turns out to be right. He's not trying to discourage me, he just knows what's up and doesn't want to see me wind up in unfortunate situations.

Bah.

I've got confidence, I can make people laugh or at least keep them interested/entertained, and (SO PEOPLE TELL ME) I'm not hideously ugly. I wish I knew what it was that separates me from guys that women don't mind seeing more than once. I would seriously do anything to know.

I'd sit through Bloodborne Pathogens class again to know. Like if in the middle of it the instructor would just say "Oh, and by the way, Brian, your teeth and ears are freakishly misshapen and you have at least fifty annoying nervous habits. And you are capable of reading without pictures. That's why girls don't like you." If I could get that, I'd sit through it again. And that was the longest, most miserable 8 irredeemable hours of my life that have ever been thrown out the window.

Brian, please keep us updated on this lol. If you guys have been hanging out a lot, she probably likes you as well, keep talking to her and ask people if she's been talking about you.

Idk, it sounds like there's a possibility she actually does like you in a more-than-friends sense.

I think you should of just carried on as it was, waited and when the time felt right just asked her if she would like to hang out sometime, its alot more subtle. It seems to me that asking a woman in a text like that saying everyone thinks you are dating can be taken the wrong way, i think it might scare some people a bit especially if the person hasnt really thought about taking the friendship to another level.
As disco said though just continue to be friendly as it was before and i think you should just ignore what others say, it will die down eventually i expect, if you continue to be friendly towards one another then when the time is right ask her if she wants to hang out sometime (or maybe try and find an excuse to hang out because of a similar interest or something haha). :p

Hey man, hang in there. You're an awesome dude and you'll find that lady who's just for you. :)

Now whether it's this one or not, I don't know, but keep in mind not to think about if she likes you or not. I've realized you should not focus on "omg omg omg, does she like me does she like me wtfbbq!!!!". Just focus on the natural energy between the both of you. Be honest with yourself about it. Eventually you'll be able to identify the correct energy- you'll be able to sense natural attraction. Let that natural attraction happen how it's meant to, whether it's friendship or more. If we let it, what's right will happen on its own. :)

Don't sit through that **** class again lol.

I think there's still some potential there, Brian. Is she still hanging out with you, even after knowing people think you're dating? Don't write her off as "just a friend" yet. See where it goes...

discolemonade said:
Brian, please keep us updated on this lol. If you guys have been hanging out a lot, she probably likes you as well, keep talking to her and ask people if she's been talking about you.

+1

Brian,
Texts are a really indifferent sort of way to convey feelings. If you only said that the folks you work with were saying this, she might have been on pins and needles waiting for a personal throught from you about it. When that didn't come she played it off cool....What she didn't do is say, "OMG how gross!" Then you would have been in trouble.

Given she said another guy was asking her about you sounds reallllyyyy hopeful to me.

Don't write her off.....just keep being you and doing whatever it is you've been doing....

Latest posts

Back