What are you thinking right now?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Current distance from Girlfriend:
3718 Miles/5984 Kilometers...

Tough, but I just know that It'l be worth it in the end.

Sweet baby Zeus, you still don't get it. I've never met someone so determined and so willing to thrive to achieve the things you want. Unfortunately, that is not a compliment. Realizing that you aren't supposed to get exactly what you want, when you want is different from throwing your hands up and giving up. Giving up implies lack of will. Accepting reality means that you have the will-power to accept it.

And that sign looked cheap. Just saying. It doesn't appear as "rustic" as you think.

TheSkaFish said:
At 28 years old, I really don't appreciate being yelled at like a child and insulted. Especially when I am trying to be helpful.

Exactly what's going on with me right now with my mom. It's getting to the point where it's like "Thanks for ruining the vacation, mom."

She-ra said:
That freaking machine, everyday sounds more and more like an aeroplane trying to take off.

I know someone whose washing machine sounds like an airplane. :p
It's annoying but kinda hilarious for the outsider.

HoodedMonk said:
TheSkaFish said:
At 28 years old, I really don't appreciate being yelled at like a child and insulted. Especially when I am trying to be helpful.

Exactly what's going on with me right now with my mom. It's getting to the point where it's like "Thanks for ruining the vacation, mom."

I'm sorry you guys are being treated like that. :(

I love how some people want to act like they have such a happy life when the truth is things are going on in their lives just as in most other people's. What happened to being married, huh? Wanted to throw that in my face like it really mattered, but look where you are now. I may not be married, but I can honestly say my guy wouldn't have people over my house that I don't want there.

HoodedMonk said:
TheSkaFish said:

Awe, sorry to hear it. I know how aggravating it can be. One thing that helps me is that while I get mad when it happens, at least it doesn't happen often.

In the moment I was really angry and my post was longer and peppered with curses, but I'm glad I shortened it down to one simple and somewhat "Nerfed" sentence. Just trying to get out of the habit of being explosively angry, and into the habit of being more conscious.

I just try to let the feelings pass. And when I am in a more neutral state, I try to remember that we have had good times here too, and I will miss all of this someday. Not the arguments, but home, being young, family, all of it. And it would be a shame to throw it all away for passing anger.

ladyforsaken said:
HoodedMonk said:
TheSkaFish said:

I'm sorry you guys are being treated like that. :(

Thanks for the kind words as always, LadyF. But don't worry about me. Save your strength for you. Keep on getting better, yeah?

I saw in the distance this guy who used to be my best mate in high school with his family, he seemed happy... in spite of the fact that he was doing drugs for years he now has his life all settled, a job, love surrounding him, and I felt happy that he didn't see me, and I would have been so ashamed to let him now that my life is a disaster just like it was in high school.

I made a kind of weird observation over the last year or so. I've directed so much of my anger towards the my new foes that I realized I have none left for my childhood bullies, and all the people who weren't necessarily regular bullies but who were just less than friendly to me, people who just weren't inclusive towards me. They, and the "threat" they presented me, seem cartoonish by comparison. It's not that I suddenly like these people, it's more like, they are just completely irrelevant.

I have forgotten a lot of the specific situations, and while I can remember some of the general problems and a few details here and there, it doesn't matter to me anymore that these people didn't want to include me or didn't like my interests or didn't like me. I know what I like and how I want to be, and I have friends who like those things and like me too, who want to include me in things I am actually interested in doing. I never really needed these other people, and because we were interested in different things, they weren't even keeping me from having anything I wanted.

I haven't forgotten entirely, and I wouldn't really say this is forgiveness either, although, I guess it sort of is. I'd say it's more like, me realizing that they were never really able to hurt me in the first place. It's just realizing that it doesn't define who I am or what I can be and never did. I release it all to the past, where it's no more real than a bad dream. I guess it's getting over it, in a roundabout way.

Why are people so ******* offended over everything... Do I agree with him? No. Never said I did. But you don't want to truly understand that you can't change someone's mind. Your feelings are irrelevant to what he's telling you he believes.

TheSkaFish said:
I made a kind of weird observation over the last year or so. I've directed so much of my anger towards the my new foes that I realized I have none left for my childhood bullies, and all the people who weren't necessarily regular bullies but who were just less than friendly to me, people who just weren't inclusive towards me. They, and the "threat" they presented me, seem cartoonish by comparison. It's not that I suddenly like these people, it's more like, they are just completely irrelevant.

I have forgotten a lot of the specific situations, and while I can remember some of the general problems and a few details here and there, it doesn't matter to me anymore that these people didn't want to include me or didn't like my interests or didn't like me. I know what I like and how I want to be, and I have friends who like those things and like me too, who want to include me in things I am actually interested in doing. I never really needed these other people, and because we were interested in different things, they weren't even keeping me from having anything I wanted.

I haven't forgotten entirely, and I wouldn't really say this is forgiveness either, although, I guess it sort of is. I'd say it's more like, me realizing that they were never really able to hurt me in the first place. It's just realizing that it doesn't define who I am or what I can be and never did. I release it all to the past, where it's no more real than a bad dream. I guess it's getting over it, in a roundabout way.

That's really cool.

I wonder what would make someone think that a person heating up and stirring something in a mug was peanut butter. Okay, maybe it did smell like it a tiny bit, but who does that with peanut butter...

Sometimes said:
That's really cool.

I guess it is. On the one hand, I was able to realize how silly these old issues were and am now able to finally lay these old school-age feelings to rest. If these people tried to push me around or talk down to me today, my reaction would be along the lines of "yeah, whatever." But on the other hand, the reason they seem like such a non-issue is that I realized that they never had the power to deny me anything I cared about, so their words couldn't hurt and their opinions of me didn't matter. Unlike now where I am contending with much more powerful enemies, who actually have the ability to keep me from ever achieving satisfaction and being a thorn in my side for the rest of my life. And as of now, there doesn't seem to be anything I can do about it.

****, I can already feel the meds swimming through my system and smacking drowsiness all over the place. The doc wasn't kidding when he said these would knock me out.

Pfft. All right, here we go. I'm gonna try fight this drowsiness.

TheSkaFish said:
Thanks for the kind words as always, LadyF. But don't worry about me. Save your strength for you. Keep on getting better, yeah?

Thanks, Ska. I appreciate that. :)

Still in the hospital.. progressivly worse. Only thought that keeps me going is that I will have my sweet loving bf at home..

Latest posts

Back