What are you thinking right now?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You said you couldn't defend yourself from things you can't see, but if you saw that person spreading lies about you why didn't you report then? Are you sure those are attacks and not only someone disagreeing with something you said?

I don't mean to make you defend yourself, just don't understand the feeling is all. If someone did spread lies about me I would probably try to prove them wrong or not be fazed at all since I know it's a lie.

I didn't report that comment at the time, because the person was already on a 24 hr timeout for another comment he'd made. Clearly he disagreed with what I'd been saying, but he wasn't making an argument against what I said, he claimed false things about me. I know it's a lie, but other people might not, since nobody knows me in here. It's good that you wouldn't be bothered by someone writing lies about you, but I am. And in this specific situation I feel like I'm stuck between two lesser options: I can either keep reading his posts so that I'll be able to prove him wrong when/if he does that again, or I can "block" him and always wonder what he might potentially be accusing me of behind my back. A proper block function, like the one on Facebook, would help against that. 

I don't really see how this is a discussion, though. It's a simple thing: A person feels uncomfortable because of how someone else has behaved, and wishes there was a technical forum solution. Either there isn't, and mods can simply say "sorry, we don't have that option available," or there is, and in that case why not make use of it? So far nobody has commented on the solution I've asked about, only told me that I shouldn't feel the way I feel, which is pretty useless. 

Tuathaniel, you are right that nobody should tell you how you should or should not feel. And definitely nobody should be bullied or even gaslighted. Have to emailed or notified this website's administrators about these valid concerns?

My dear tuathaniel. I understand that it is difficult to ignore those you want to ignore the most and the ignore option is like "click on me, click on me" but maybe it is time to move on

Tuathaniel said:
And in this specific situation I feel like I'm stuck between two lesser options: I can either keep reading his posts so that I'll be able to prove him wrong when/if he does that again, or I can "block" him and always wonder what he might potentially be accusing me of behind my back. A proper block function, like the one on Facebook, would help against that. 

I don't know about the block function and since you just said that this is a situation that bothers you I'm not going to comment saying you should forget about it because it's easier said than done, for some. Not even pointing out that worrying about the words of a liar or getting annoyed by such posts will only be detrimental for you will do the trick, in my opinion, so I'd say I'm sorry you're in this situation and I hope someone can help you further.

Tuathaniel said:
And in this specific situation I feel like I'm stuck between two lesser options: I can either keep reading his posts so that I'll be able to prove him wrong when/if he does that again, or I can "block" him and always wonder what he might potentially be accusing me of behind my back. A proper block function, like the one on Facebook, would help against that. 

If someone wants to talk about you and lie about you, they are going to do so whether they read your posts or not....I think it would be a better use of time to learn how to not let it bother you than bug the mods for a solution that isn't available and that you aren't going to get.  It's a public forum, honeysuckle happens....

Jently said:
lonelyfairy said:
Jently said:
lonelyfairy said:
I wonder how is it like to go ER alone... If this continues, I've no choice anymore.

The staff are extra kind if they know you're alone.  Hope you're ok and don't need to go.............let us know?

Aw, I hope so... The queues can be quite long here if going to ER, would need to wait for few hours before getting any help and even then the doctors could think that just needing more painkillers and go back home. :/

Not ok yet, but not hurting as much as yesterday. Thank you. *hugs*

I will let you guys know if something bad happens, but I don't think it's nothing important since this is forum full of strangers anyway. .__.

Glad it's not hurting so bad today and hopefully you won't need to go - those queues are the worst when you're hurting.

Yes we're strangers but some of us care so please keep us up to speed and look after yourself won't you x

Awe thank you so much always. <3 Yeah, they're the worst if in pain...

I will keep you guys updated.

ladyforsaken said:
lonelyfairy said:
Jently said:
lonelyfairy said:
I wonder how is it like to go ER alone... If this continues, I've no choice anymore.

The staff are extra kind if they know you're alone.  Hope you're ok and don't need to go.............let us know?

Aw, I hope so... The queues can be quite long here if going to ER, would need to wait for few hours before getting any help and even then the doctors could think that just needing more painkillers and go back home. :/

Not ok yet, but not hurting as much as yesterday. Thank you. *hugs*

I will let you guys know if something bad happens, but I don't think it's nothing important since this is forum full of strangers anyway. .__.

Last time I went in an ER, I was put on the wait list for the entire day and the tests they were doing on me took the whole day too. Went in the morning, and only got a bed at night. Wasn't expecting it to be so... crowded and congested. Maybe I just happened to be there at the wrong time.

Anyway, I hope you're keeping well and keep us updated, fairy. Hang in there yeah. *hug*

Aw... :/ That's horrible and unreasonable to keep people waiting like that. *hugs* I really hope it was just wrong time and nothing else. :<

Feeling still like crap, can't keep up with these pains... They come and go, thanks for this one disease. ;_;

Thank you, lady. <3

TheRealCallie said:
Tuathaniel said:

If someone wants to talk about you and lie about you, they are going to do so whether they read your posts or not....I think it would be a better use of time to learn how to not let it bother you than bug the mods for a solution that isn't available and that you aren't going to get.  It's a public forum, honeysuckle happens....

Well, I haven't bugged anyone. I wrote my frustration in this thread specifically because I just needed to vent, instead of e.g. PM-ing a mod about it. That a mod decided to quote my vent and keep the ball rolling is beyond my control. Also, nobody had yet to actually respond to whether or not a proper blocking function would be available, until you wrote that just now. So yeah, kind of getting a bit tired of being blamed for having had a shitty experience and wishing for an ideal solution. 

Big thanks to DarkSelene who is the first to actually show some understanding and compassion. That is greatly appreciated, and makes this forum feel a little less lonely (oh the irony).

How exactly did Nilla "keep the ball rolling"? She gave you the options that are available to you, that is not keeping the ball rolling, that's answering your question.
And sorry, but if you can't ignore the people and won't report them, then it kind of is your fault....

Irony is the operative term alright. It's a reasonable assumption that members of a forum like this one have probably already endured some version of social difficulty and then we turn on one another with uncalled for hostility? That is so wrong.

I know that twice I was a cruel SOB to a guy who didn't deserve it, but I was decisively put in my place and I still feel bad about it.

So here's a thought: In cases of unresolved disputes, allegations of unfair misdeeds or seemingly unrepentant malfeasance, would the ALL forum benefit from a thread or site specifically in place to address grievances? Like an online courtroom where names are named and accusations are voiced and members could weigh in with opinions and vote yea or nay to the complaint?

It's just a thought I'm thinking right now.......

Tuathaniel said:
Well, I haven't bugged anyone. I wrote my frustration in this thread specifically because I just needed to vent, instead of e.g. PM-ing a mod about it. That a mod decided to quote my vent and keep the ball rolling is beyond my control. Also, nobody had yet to actually respond to whether or not a proper blocking function would be available, until you wrote that just now. So yeah, kind of getting a bit tired of being blamed for having had a shitty experience and wishing for an ideal solution. 

Big thanks to DarkSelene who is the first to actually show some understanding and compassion. That is greatly appreciated, and makes this forum feel a little less lonely (oh the irony).

The problem lies when you're specifically discussing or talking about another member in a negative light. That's not allowed. So enough of it now, please. If you have an issue, please PM one of the moderators. Thank you.

constant stranger said:
Irony is the operative term alright.  It's a reasonable assumption that members of a forum like this one have probably already endured some version of social difficulty and then we turn on one another with uncalled for hostility?  That is so wrong.

I know that twice I was  a cruel SOB to a guy who didn't deserve it, but I was decisively put in my place and I still feel bad about it.

So here's a thought:  In cases of unresolved disputes, allegations of unfair misdeeds or seemingly unrepentant malfeasance, would the ALL forum benefit from a thread or site specifically in place to address grievances?  Like an online courtroom where names are named and accusations are voiced and members could weigh in with opinions and vote yea or nay to the complaint?

It's just a thought I'm thinking right now.......

Yeah, it's called PM a mod or report a post......

I'm thinking I'd like to just say something like "fresia, this -40 weather is stupidly cold." so I don't like such a whiny brat but that just sounds so mundane and pointless in my head that I feel like I shouldn't bother.
It's painful finding feelings for someone and then getting that you're just all bad for them. Usually my head if full of me, now it's full of her. I'm not sure which is worse.
Sometimes I want to fight it, sometimes I wish I never her and sometimes that I just stayed away.
I hate emotions. I stuck on stupid and have no idea how to be normal.

And it is, extremely, cold out, by the way.

Bloodsuckers, asswipes and contradicting smartasses.

Just stop talking, why don't you. Doesn't do any good, doesn't make anyone feel any good and that's absolutely not helpful at all.

JHK said:
I'm thinking I'd like to just say something like "fresia, this -40 weather is stupidly cold."  so I don't like such a whiny brat but that just sounds so mundane and pointless in my head that I feel like I shouldn't bother.
It's painful finding feelings for someone and then getting that you're just all bad for them. Usually my head if full of me, now it's full of her. I'm not sure which is worse.
Sometimes I want to fight it, sometimes I wish I never her and sometimes that I just stayed away.

SEND IT TO ME. I'VE BEEN ASKING FOR IT ALL YEAR :club:

AmytheTemperamental said:
JHK said:
I'm thinking I'd like to just say something like "fresia, this -40 weather is stupidly cold."  so I don't like such a whiny brat but that just sounds so mundane and pointless in my head that I feel like I shouldn't bother.

SEND IT TO ME. I'VE BEEN ASKING FOR IT ALL YEAR :club:

My stupid? Or the weather? I'd glady send both... lol

Our forecast reads like this for awhile:

"[font=Menlo, Monaco, Consolas,]Extreme cold warning in effect.
Today..Increasing cloudiness. A few flurries beginning this
afternoon. Wind up to 15 km/h. High minus 24. Wind chill minus 36.
Tonight..A few flurries ending late this evening then clearing. Wind
becoming west 20 km/h gusting to 40 after midnight. Low minus 29.
Extreme wind chill minus 42.
Sunday..A mix of sun and cloud with 30 percent chance of flurries.
Wind west 20 km/h gusting to 40 increasing to 40 gusting to 60 late
in the morning. High minus 21. Extreme wind chill minus 42."[/font]

I find it funny the person who is crying for a pity party because he/she has hurt feelings because of politics but supports violence towards others because someone didn't get the election. I wonder if he/she had ties with antifa...

Latest posts

Back