What are your fears or complexes?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
johnny196775 said:
EVERYTHING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

lol, this is another way of putting it

Y'know most people have this view of themselves which encompasses all their good points, and some bad points if they're not a ******* narcissist. Someone liking you means someone liking all that is good about you. Someone loving you means liking all that is good about you and forgiving your flaws. Either way it's some other person who appreciates the fact that you exist, and when it comes to love it's someone who really sees you and whose view of you coincides with how you see yourself, and so you're not alone in the universe (that's an oversimplification).

Now imagine that you have an entirely negative opinion of yourself. Anyone who get's to know you is going to hate you, and the better someone knows you - the more their view of you coincides with how you see yourself - the more they'll hate you. And this negative opinion of yourself might be completely undeserved, sure you can be a bit of a prick sometimes but you never meant any offence and you've never done anything that bad. And you think that if you could ever love someone and they could love you back (which always helps) then you might be able to love yourself. But you know what an unbridgeable chasm that is. You can't even let people get to know you a little because you're so sure that they're going to hate you and reject you. And you're really more afraid of people liking you than hating you.

My biggest complex is my height. I'm a guy and my height is only 160 cm and I really hate. I do have huge inferiority complex regarding my height and physique.

I fear a difference in worldliness and intellect.

I fear a difference in sexual experience. If my partner in question requires much physical fulfillment, there's going to be a problem.

I fear failing in my relationship. I used to fear being alone, but now I fear staying together out of guilt or comfort zone no matter how uncomfortable that zone is. I also fear at my age that I won't find a compatible life partner.

I have found one fear now.

I fear of the things my body would decide to do to me before I can do or achieve all the things I want in life.

Losing. I love so deeply it's hard for me to let go. I'm depressed for weeks if a pet of mine dies. And my dad passed away when I was ten. So I know how it feels and I'm terrified cause I know it's going to happen again sooner or later.

Leaving this world too early.

Not being able to say "yes" when I ask myself if I have taken advantage of my time on this earth to do useful, helpful, beautiful things when I'm older.

Bees, wasps, hornets. Any yellow flying insect that has the ability to sting me.

Latest posts

Back