What brings you peace?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
S

shadetree

I thought it might be good to get a thread going everybody could participate in sort of a pool of positive energy. I know when youre lonely and feel isolated and like the worlds against you. Sometimes its real hard to push back against the darkness. But my hope is that we can help each other and get through some of the hard times.

So my question for yall is, what brings you peace?

For me its a few things, listening to music that flows and has a soulful and deeper meaning to it, walking my dogs in the field behind the house and being surrounded by trees, talking to God, talking to a real friend, when somebodys kind to me, or when i have the oppurtunity to be kind to them, Video games that make me temproarily forget everything and float away on the clouds of imagination, writing can be good too sometimes. Learning something new that i can actually use.

Those are a few of the things that help me not go insane, not that i havent already honestly, but hey its a start and step in the right direction right? Like they say in that old crow movie, it cant rain all the time.

Speaking of which, sunshine always makes me feel better, just standing out in it makes me thankful to be alive. Its very healing.

Cool idea for a thread! Okay. Here are some of mine.

Imagery or artistic rendition of battle. I know, sounds weird. But when I see that, and I look at my sadness, I see it less like a dark path, and more like a battle between myself and my personal demons. Changes the viewpoint from sad to fun and even if not, it at least keeps me somewhat distracted from my troubles until it passes.

Music help too. Grandiose songs and pieces that have a "large" feel to them tend to inspire me and make me feel confident.

Then there's cats. Cats are nice too. Especially if you hug the cat. :)

Mr Seal The Albatros said:
Cool idea for a thread! Okay. Here are some of mine.

Imagery or artistic rendition of battle. I know, sounds weird. But when I see that, and I look at my sadness, I see it less like a dark path, and more like a battle between myself and my personal demons. Changes the viewpoint from sad to fun and even if not, it at least keeps me somewhat distracted from my troubles until it passes.

Music help too. Grandiose songs and pieces that have a "large" feel to them tend to inspire me and make me feel confident.

Then there's cats. Cats are nice too. Especially if you hug the cat. :)

Doesnt sound weird to me, sometimes i spend all this time alone, i pretend im on a giant space ark drifting through space and all the people are dead and im the last remaining human lol. Sounds depressing as hell and it kinda is, but it makes it more epic somehow and like it adds meaning to it. So i can relate to the battle thing alot.

The rain as it falls around me, the snow as it silently drifts down to earth. The purring of my cats and the outdoors, hiking, canoeing, camping in my VW van. Finally my devotions and meditations of my faith..

This is a great idea for a thread...

Eating out with friends and family
Playing with my nieces and nephew
Listening to the rain beat against my windows
Walking in the woods, hills and mountains
Singing along with The Doubleclicks
Photography
Lifting weights/working out
Being cuddled up on the couch under a warm blanket
Doing things that put a smile on someone else's face

Different feelings of love. I love so many things... Animals, little children, music, sleeping, good food, caring people, family etc. ^_^ Also don't forget positivity and hope. Hope makes my mind calm.

If I talk to someone, and if I feel there is mutual understanding about what is talked about. Whether it's something emotional, practical, or technical.. it makes me at peace to feel I've had a conversation that works well or was fruitful.

Also. Things around me being still, with some ambient sound or some ambient-ish music in my headphones, and just doing something effort-less.. and, not feeling the need to talk or pressure to talk. And knowing I can do this without having to care about time..

And, walking, as others mentioned.

There are many things that do for me, like listening to some music when I feel miserable and lonesome, trying my hand and mind on writing something beautiful about life, playing game occasionally but that will hardly be called peace it's more like indulgence in it but yeah it's good for some lonely times when no one is around. But all these have very less lasting effect on my life they fade away with passing moments but there is one thing that lasts longer than anything else...

And that is to make people smile, to be part of them, to ease their burden a little, to be a shoulder for them when they need it, to be an ear when they want to speak something, to be the eye when they want to show something. This gives me so calmness and peace that I want to stay on those moment forever but just like every other thing these moments fade away too leaving the feel good memory in life.

something like that...

Being in nature, looking at the clouds passing by, reading books on spirituality and self improvement, making lists! of the the things I am going to do, I am going to fix; talking with someone, connecting at a deeper level. Helping someone, also.
Animals! They know nothing, they just live (or maybe they know everything :))

cheering up people, looking at the stars at night in a cold slight breeze, travelling with the window open and my headset on with my hair blowing in the wind wildly, Reading books at make me realize certain feelings [books like Chicken Soup], hugging people and recieving hugs, being with all my pets, talking to people who make me feel safe, cooking my favorites and serving it to everyone and watching em enjoy eating it, talking to myself in my mind (i knw, it is weird), helping people, giving tons of advice, sharing experiences... :) :) :) :) :) :) :) + loving people and being loved

Being knee deep in the blood of my enemies! No not really. Being alone brings me peace but also makes me miserable. Oh the perennial problem - can't be happy alone, can't be happy with other people. There is no peace, just constant warfare against myself.

Latest posts

Back