What do you do when you see others have what you don't?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
SomeoneSomewhere said:
EveWasFramed said:
Personally, I envy them a little, but Im mostly just happy that others can have happiness in their lives.

But doesn't it get a little too much at times? Don't you get pushed off the edge because of that?

Yeah, it gets to me sometimes too, and its not easy to feel happy just because they are. You don't have to be happy about any of it, but you can't blame them. Its not their fault, and you already admitted that you would do the same given the chance. Its difficult to ignore, but keep the pain inside and directed at yourself, not other people.

Oddly enough, it doesn't really bother me. It hurts me when I see those who don't have it as good as I do. I have a few issues in my life, but there is always somebody worse off. I've learned to be grateful for what I have. Not what I don't.

LoneKiller said:
Oddly enough, it doesn't really bother me. It hurts me when I see those who don't have it as good as I do. I have a few issues in my life, but there is always somebody worse off. I've learned to be grateful for what I have. Not what I don't.

Yeah, it's kinda sad to think about sometimes. It makes me worry for the future too, though. What if I become one of those people? What if I lose what I have?

When I see that someone has done well for themselves I am happy for them and proud of them.

Seeing bad behavior pay off makes my blood boil. Kind they way girls seem to cling the the biggest dirtbag in the room.

My two cents. -SY

depends on what it is.
if they have a date, then I go into depression.
if they have money, then I shrug cause money has no purpose.
if they have a smart phone, I laugh cause phones have no purpose.
if they have terminal cancer, I get envious.

Swamp Yankee said:
When I see that someone has done well for themselves I am happy for them and proud of them.

Seeing bad behavior pay off makes my blood boil. Kind they way girls seem to cling the the biggest dirtbag in the room.

I agree with this

blackdot said:
depends on what it is.

This makes me feel sad.

blackdot said:
depends on what it is.

O-ho-ho. For the attention and compassion they may get?

It makes me little sad that I don't have friends like that, but after all I'm happy for them, because I would like that someone would be happy for me, too. :)

blackdot said:
depends on what it is.

Not this...

LoneKiller said:

This

When you get envious, which is a natural reaction, think of what you have that they don't. And if you feel like you have nothing, ask yourself what exactly it is that you're jealous of. How different are those that have what you wish you had? How hard would it be to find your own?
If its something you can buy, save your money by spending one less dollar each day and see how fast your pocket fills. If its beyond money, like social interaction, be slightly more vocal and join or start a conversation by simply asking a question like "where can I find the best burger near here?" or "do you know if Racetrac still sells 32oz sodas for 35¢?" And from there you can add "I go in and just start mixing drinks like crazy. Have you tried a Sprite limeade with Cherry Coke?" Just something to break the ice and see where it goes from there.
But don't want something so badly that you're forcing yourself to go after it.

Kinda depends what kind of mood I'm in. But I really want love in my life...so when I see happy couples walking down the street on a nice spring day...it's usually not like, resentment or intense envy, but...it always bums me out a little. I usually sigh, and say to myself "Someday..." and there's a little part of me that knows it's not true. Then I move on with my day.

Latest posts

Back