What do you like about yourself?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Unacceptance said:
Rain said:
Unacceptance said:
I realize I have totally not answered the question...

Folks there is a very good reason for this, I assure you.

I am sorry that's not an acceptable answer.
(Hehehehe)

Ha, ha, and hah, miss funnypants. Alright, let me dig deep here and/or make something up...

I guess what I like most about myself (And probably the only thing) is that I've always been adamantly independent. Regardless of what goes on in my surroundings, what's pushed on me, or what the status quo is, I've always lumbered along to the beat of my own drum, carving my own path. (And using plenty of cliches apparently). It's not the easiest thing ever to go against the current or grain or whatever, however I feel like when I face myself at the end of the night in that mirror I often feel like smashing, I can at least say "Well man, at least you were true to yourself."

SO there, I better pocket from a LOT of lobbyists for that...

Much better than expected.
:D
Seems you know exactly who you are. Some of us are still having a little problem in that department.

I'm alright
i know what i love
And i'll always daydream,

and i'll always be thinking about something

Rain said:
Much better than expected.
:D
Seems you know exactly who you are. Some of us are still having a little problem in that department.

Beware of finding yourself, you might be stuck with you.

Unacceptance said:
Rain said:
Unacceptance said:
I realize I have totally not answered the question...

Folks there is a very good reason for this, I assure you.

I am sorry that's not an acceptable answer.
(Hehehehe)

Ha, ha, and hah, miss funnypants. Alright, let me dig deep here and/or make something up...

I guess what I like most about myself (And probably the only thing) is that I've always been adamantly independent. Regardless of what goes on in my surroundings, what's pushed on me, or what the status quo is, I've always lumbered along to the beat of my own drum, carving my own path. (And using plenty of cliches apparently). It's not the easiest thing ever to go against the current or grain or whatever, however I feel like when I face myself at the end of the night in that mirror I often feel like smashing, I can at least say "Well man, at least you were true to yourself."

SO there, I better pocket from a LOT of lobbyists for that...

haha, You better not had made that up :p

That was very well put and is pretty much the same thing I do when I look into the mirror. For all that happens and all we feel at least if we stay true to our self we get a better night's sleep :) Well that's the plan :)

Well Unacceptance's words hold power I read we weren't allowed to leave without posting and I didn't so here goes.

I like me for who I am it has taken me quite a few years to get to that point but all in all I'm glad I got there.

I like myself sometimes. In very difficult situations I never give up and do what ever it takes to reach the goal. But most of problems aren't difficult so most of times I am complite loser.

i just wanted to comment that samba'101's avatar is awesome!!!!!!

and i dont like anything about my self! i LOVE everything. (having self esteem is awesome, you all should try it some time..)

ps: rain's technacolored cat is awesome too, i think its time to change mine as well

loketron said:
i just wanted to comment that samba'101's avatar is awesome!!!!!!

and i dont like anything about my self! i LOVE everything. (having self esteem is awesome, you all should try it some time..)

ps: rain's technacolored cat is awesome too, i think its time to change mine as well

I'm sorry you'll have to love yourself elsewhere, we can't have the children exposed to that sort of behavior.

lovehurtme said:
^^^^I am trying to love myself. It is hard though, when there is so much wrong with me. :(

I am willing to bet there is a whole lot right with you, too. It's easy to focus on what's not right. We all have things we don't like about ourselves. We aren't perfect. Your a good person and I've seen you try and help people on the forum. People like you here and that says something. I'm sorry your in a sad place right now.
(((((((((((Lovehurtme))))))))))))))

That I'm old enough to know better but still too young to care.:p

That I don't have to worry about people being after my money because I'm always broke.

That I don't need to worry about fake friends hanging around because I'm so good looking.

Dogs seem to like me.

I don't need to spend much money on hair care products.

I like about myself that I could make excuses sounds logical.

When I asked to work by my brother,I said that it was too early to work.There were better things to do than working.

I like it when I talk to myself. I have this thing where I comment to myself on situations, like "you did well, there, lad". It kind of makes me feel like there are two parts of me, and we both seem to get along well.

OK, that sounded unintentionally crazy. What I meant is that I like making little in-jokes to myself, things that probably only I would find funny, and when I refer to myself as "Sammy" it makes me feel like there's a part of me watching over me. Kind of like when Homer Simpson says "it's just you and me now, brain" - I do that sort of thing all the time. :)

I like that my morals are solid, and that I really believe in them.

And that my good friends respect me for it.

darkwall said:
I like it when I talk to myself. I have this thing where I comment to myself on situations, like "you did well, there, lad". It kind of makes me feel like there are two parts of me, and we both seem to get along well.

OK, that sounded unintentionally crazy. What I meant is that I like making little in-jokes to myself, things that probably only I would find funny, and when I refer to myself as "Sammy" it makes me feel like there's a part of me watching over me. Kind of like when Homer Simpson says "it's just you and me now, brain" - I do that sort of thing all the time. :)

Wow, I really like that, that made me smile. I do that sometimes, but my other self is not the supportive type. Quite the opposite. Maybe I need a brain, err, "Sammy" too, it sounds nice.

Okay so I guess I am obligated to answer the question:

I like that I can get along with almost anyone, I like that I am generally liked.

I like that I can write well.

I'm slowly beginning to appreciate who I am.

I like the fact that I appreciate the small things in life more than anyone I've known just things like sunlight reflecting through dust,leaves, sunsets (sunrises are too early for me:p), little details and spots on railings and walls and wondering how they got there, mosses growing in little spaces between bricks, the parts of flowers, etc.

I like that I can analyze things really well

That animals everywhere seem to like me

also that I'm really curious

and that I can cook a mean bowl of ramen:p

My number one thing I like, would have to be my honesty (even if it can get me into trouble sometimes)

Other things would be, I'm loyal, caring, I want to work through problems instead of leaving things unresolved, I try and be true to myself at all times, I try and find out the why's to everything so I can learn and understand more, I'm always looking for more ways I can improve myself and do my best to achieve those things. I'm affectionate, old fashioned, take relationships seriously, and I'm good with money.

I do find though that some of my best points can sometimes get included into the flaws side, depending on the situation.

I'm proud of my loyalty, my morals and that I've managed to hold on to those. That's one of the benefit of being alone. You can figure out that stuff for yourself. You're not affected by group-pressure.

I like that I'm free from addictions. I'm addicted to tea, but I mean more like damaging addictions. And I don't drink alcohol

I enjoy that I can get a "kick" out of hard work. Sometimes I look forward to challenges with a smile, while others grunt and moan. Sometimes I don't ^^

I like being a small guy. I move pretty smooth. Sometimes I think about picking up dancing. I like to jump and spin around spontaneously as I walk

I like that I'm modest. Even though I've taken it over the top with my low self-esteem. Just writing this stuff makes me feel like a huge ego =/

Lately, my butt has been getting nicer. :) There's a certain simple, yet highly effective routine I've become good at. I suppose I've been doing it for a few months now, and it seems to have really been paying off. I've never been as excited about the way I look and my potential for looks as I do right now. I went out and bought some nice Ralph Lauren boxers today, and I'm hoping the fact that I've looked at myself in my tall mirror several times today in those boxers isn't indicative of me becoming obsessed with the way I look, especially my ass. But even as a male who has not given much of a **** in the past about my ass, I LIKE IT! Maybe a little bit of obsession is necessary! What's wrong with caring a little bit about sexying up a little for the women? There has never been a part of my body I've felt like flaunting, but right now, I have some confidence in my ass. I feel like I could be one of those boxer/brief models or something.

I also believe this will motivate me to work out other areas of my body in as disciplined of a fashion as I have with my gm.

Latest posts

Back