What gets you through the day....

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Drake

Reaction score
What do you think of to motivate you to get through the day. It's gotten to the point where I dont even care, I just want to stop being at work. Or I look foward to the weekend, just to sit on the computer for 2 days all alone :( I dont even want to try anymore, thats what I live for? To get off work? So I can sit around by myself? It's pointless, no I'm not saying I want to kill myself (if I was thinking that I wouldn't post it lol). Just depressed....what a sad way to live, looking foward to being online for hours upon hours....

i don't really know. It is really hard for me to get up and go to school. ( i''m rarely ever on time) just waking up and knowing i have to get up can be extremly depressing i guess well just i have to. But thats ussally not enough. I don't do anything after school anymore. So i tell myself i just have to get through six hours then i can come straight back home and take a nap.

Drake said:
What do you think of to motivate you to get through the day.

I make goals and try and do something small everyday to attain them. Start with a list of things you want to do, Drake. What excites you? What is something you have never done but, would like to?
Experience life. Have you ever thought of weight lifting? It really does give you a high when you get into it. Exercise is great for the mind as well as the body and let's face it, girls like guys who are built so, you could reap two benefits in one....lol :)

Sometimes to stay motivated if I am in a funky mood, I have to concentrate on just that day. This is really good when things seem depressing or if I am overwhelmed with all that I have to do. I just try to live for that day. Do my best for that day and then let tomorrow take care of itself.

Overall, the biggest thing that keeps me motivated is doing what I love and keeping my attention focused on what is ahead for me.
I imagine what it is going to be like when I reach my goals.

Naleena said:
Drake said:
What do you think of to motivate you to get through the day.

I make goals and try and do something small everyday to attain them. Start with a list of things you want to do, Drake. What excites you? What is something you have never done but, would like to?
Experience life. Have you ever thought of weight lifting? It really does give you a high when you get into it. Exercise is great for the mind as well as the body and let's face it, girls like guys who are built so, you could reap two benefits in one....lol :)

Sometimes to stay motivated if I am in a funky mood, I have to concentrate on just that day. This is really good when things seem depressing or if I am overwhelmed with all that I have to do. I just try to live for that day. Do my best for that day and then let tomorrow take care of itself.

Overall, the biggest thing that keeps me motivated is doing what I love and keeping my attention focused on what is ahead for me.
I imagine what it is going to be like when I reach my goals.

its hard to excersie when you've worked for 8 hours carrying and building windows, I often find myself way too tired to excerise anymore...

I don't think your sad Drake, You do a physical demanding job, Its there for no surprise that you look forward to relaxing. After all spending time on the computer is how most ppl relax now days. I would say that's a lot moor constructive then just vegging at front of the TV.

I don't know what gets me through the day, I only know that I just do.
Without having chat I would be lost and very depressed, chat gives me time to be with others though I would like more of a closeness in a physical person but online seems to help me alot lately.

i felt that way several times b4. but i guess, indulging myself into comfort foods helped a lot (just not too much bcoz u'll end up gaining weight). Also, diverting my attention to doing things i like (music and musical instruments, writing, sketching and watching TV) helps boost my system up. Plus, i heard one friend said that reading "Feel Good" books helps motivate to change ur downfall perspective when things seems to get worse.

Sometimes, well, most of the time I do not even know. Habit, I suppose.

I think there's this little hope in me that things can still somehow change for the better.

I get motivated by knowing that something new may happen every day. Even if it doesn't, there's always the possibility that something in my life will change. I sure F'n hope it changes soon, but until it does I'll keep on believing that there is something more out there for me. Stay positive and just remember life will give you only what you can handle and how you deal with it is totally up to you.

Bluey said:
I don't think your sad Drake, You do a physical demanding job, Its there for no surprise that you look forward to relaxing. After all spending time on the computer is how most ppl relax now days. I would say that's a lot moor constructive then just vegging at front of the TV.

Unless you're watching TV on the computer. :D

What gets me through the day ... Good memory, I guess.

What motivates me? The hope that in a few weeks, I could be working an ambulance and out of the wet, rainy woods before fall and winter -really- set in. And that in a few years, I could be actually in to my career instead of languishing in the middle of the forest of Northern Idaho cutting brush and thinning trees with a bunch of guys that are stuck doing that for their entire lives basically. In that respect, I am blessed, because I've found my 'calling' already. I know what job I want. I know what gets me pumped and eager to get out of bed any time, day or night.

But if I look at the -present-, things aren't so bright. I drudge through the work day, weather be damned, so I can come home and sit on my computer before going to sleep. I usually finish out my Friday so I can sleep through Saturday and waste my Sunday alone. Then it's back to the grind on Monday, with abunch of guys I usually don't care to be around, and a mostly negative boss who seems to like trying to discourage me from my degree or my career...and yet, at the same time I wish I could have what he has: A nice comfy house, that he built. A beautiful wife. Two young kids, 20 acres of land, a small boat to go fishing.

But sometimes I look forward in life and the only bright things I see are potential money, and my career. I would never kill myself, but I wouldn't mind dying on the job as long as none of the other guys went with me. I work to sleep, after all, so what's the big deal? If I make it to retirement one day, and if things stay like they are now it'd be forced retirement, what the hell am I going to do then? Sit by myself like I do now, alone and waiting to die anyway? Why not skip that part if it comes on it's own earlier?

....What if I finish my degree but still never make it in to fire or EMS? There's no god-written decree saying I'm 100% going to get a job. It's a tough job market. What do I do then? Pump gas? Keep clearing brush? Flag traffic? I'm a smart guy, but I'm not scholarly. In the ranks of life, I'm a grunt.

I keep telling myself 'someday'. Someday I'll get a date. Someday I'll get a girlfriend. Someday I'll have that family and a comfortable house to come home to. Except my somedays never come no matter what I do...all I ever wake up to is Tommorow.

So I don't know what motivates me in the end, I guess. Basically you just have to keep going, because you can't just give up. But sometimes it's really hard....and as long as I don't look at time ticking away on the clock, nothing ever feels as good as my bed.

Latest posts

Back