What made you smile today?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I saw the first firefly of the season. I love fireflies. I have fond memories of catching them as a kid, cupping them in my hands and watching them glow before letting them fly off into the night. Back in 2012 we hardly had any fireflies at all, I was afraid they were dying out. And last year I was afraid we wouldn't have any, but to my relief, they were just late. This year they're right on time. It makes me happy to see them, they remind me of childhood and give the summer a touch of magic.

Taking my dog for a drive out in the country and seeing her in the side mirror with her head out the window enjoying the 80/km hr breeze and her ears flapping.

1andonly1 said:
Taking my dog for a drive out in the country and seeing her in the side mirror with her head out the window enjoying the 80/km hr breeze and her ears flapping.

:D I do that too! (less ear flapping though I suspect! :p )

A barber named Carlos in Vancouver. I'm walking by and he gestures to me to come in and says "Hey Man, you're looking kinda wild man, get in that chair and let me clean you up for the ladies brother.". I think that was one of the best (and most fun) haircuts/shave I've ever had. He also told me about a multi-cultural Drumfest we'll have to check out later on.... (wow, "...we'll...", I love the sound of that- not "I'll", "we'll").

I'm having a very good day :)

WildernessWildChild said:
A barber named Carlos in Vancouver. I'm walking by and he gestures to me to come in and says "Hey Man, you're looking kinda wild man, get in that chair and let me clean you up for the ladies brother.". I think that was one of the best (and most fun) haircuts/shave I've ever had. He also told me about a multi-cultural Drumfest we'll have to check out later on.... (wow, "...we'll...", I love the sound of that- not "I'll", "we'll").

I'm having a very good day :)

Hah. That sounds great! I never got comments like that when I looked 'kinda wild' - I just got disapproving glances. I hope that one day I can use "We'll" again too ;)

user 130057 said:
Hah. That sounds great! I never got comments like that when I looked 'kinda wild' - I just got disapproving glances. I hope that one day I can use "We'll" again too ;)

I think I typically get a bemused look from people user 130057, I'm often described as having a "Distracted Mad Professor" look. After getting cleaned up the GF commented I was looking dangerously GQ- when I looked at her with my "questioning" expression we laughed our asses off :D

The card my niece got me. It said "You've put on some timber and got a few lines, so put a bag on your head, ya moose!" It's lucky that we're as close as we are or I may be offended :D

I saw a video of a chipmunk attacking a house cat...don't get me wrong, i hate violence, but the suprize on the cat's face was too much.

You random person who smiled to me at the groceries today! You, yes, I am meaning YOU! Thank you so much. You made my day, you kind unknown human being. :)

ladyforsaken said:
My girls. It is so sweet that they are so affected by my leaving. *sigh*

Awww - You deserve it.

I got a cheque for my ebooks!!! :)

Edward W said:
ladyforsaken said:
My girls. It is so sweet that they are so affected by my leaving. *sigh*

Awww - You deserve it.

I got a cheque for my ebooks!!! :)

:)

I forgot to say.. congratulations!! Time to have a treat :D yes yes go go go for it.

An e-mail.. making me a bit more hopeful and positive of my future. I won't get my hopes up too high yet though.. but this is a good one, and even if it doesn't go through, I will be thankful for the experience of this feeling at least.

Latest posts

Back