What made you smile today?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My gf still loves me... by some madness of a miracle.

I enrolled in a course for music writing... not that I needed it but I wanted to meet other musicians. 300 bucks to make friends haha.

Trying to figure out how to load a picture from my computer but failing.. o_O

Getting in a solid day of progress cleaning up the piles and piles of sticks at my Grandma's yard today, as well as pulling lots of weeds. Then came home and walked Boomer, and he did extra blocks. That made me smile today. Also, knowing my brother's college's football team won today. I don't really follow sports, but it means a lot to him, and it's his birthday today.

A couple of months ago I happened upon a poor, unloved & very much neglected orchid in a diy store, I rescued the wee thing(it gives me joy to rescue unloved plants-orchids in particular) & brought it home. It had been very badly mistreated, its roots were balled in wet cotton wool & going mouldy.
I picked what was left of the roots free of the strangling, suffocating, wet cotton wool & constructed a hanging basket to hang it in my shower room.
Everyday I share my shower with it & spray it with the warm water.
I wasn't too sure if I had caught it in time or not, it dropped it's leaves but then grew a whole new set & sprouted a flower spike & buds.

Today I am smiling because the first of the buds has opened.:)

Walking to the car between classes today/this morning I spent some moments engrossed in watching a crow chasing a seagull, the gull had snatched some piece of discarded food & was attempting to escape with it, the crow was giving great chase & as the amazing dogfight unfolded I stood eyes skyward gawping, following the epic dogfight with this playing in my head....

[video=youtube]

:D

I sang opera! although the smile was from thinking about the suffering of the listeners

Nice people being friendly. I'm not sure I deserve it though - the real life me can be a real prick.

Knowing that at least someone thinks I'm awesome even if we can't actually be together. Taking a chance and getting to know her was one of the best decisions I ever made in my life.

I held out an olive branch. I have a feeling it may well come back to bite me in the arse, but sometimes you just have to be the bigger man.

It made me smile that it is my Grandma's 90th birthday today :) She watched me and my brothers a lot when we were kids, and we'd sleep over there a lot. She'd play games with us and just gave us the freedom to be silly without ever telling us to act our age. She encourages me still, in things like drawing, and reminds me that I do indeed have value, that I can make it. So I'm glad for her as well and hope she had a great day and has many more. She's a good soul.

Latest posts

Back