What qualities does "one" look for in a partner?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SignedSierraLynn

Reaction score
Everybody has their own taste. There are varieties of food, musicial interests, clothing style, etc. But the most important for us happens to be our "taste" in a romantic partner. What qualities do you look for in your ideal partner? I personally like a guy that I can have a real conversation with on different levels, one that knows how to love a person not just of their personality but the persona with that person. A guy that I can trust, funny, and sweet. What about you?

1. Loyal - Duh!
2. Attractive to me - Obvious
3. Open and funny - Obvious
4. Like the same topics as me - Obvious
5. Educated - Not harvard quality mind you, she must be at-least average and have a good knowledge of history, economy, politics, etc.

Well, I haven't met that girl yet but I would really like to!

-virtuous
-appreciates taciturnity
-appreciates intelligence, even if she's not very knowledgeable
-likes having fun (she's not a club or party animal, but is actually open to trying new things and doing things where the emphasis isn't on socializing with others)
-isn't so ambitious about career or any particular agenda, just wants to be at peace and live a simple and laid back kind of life

All of this falls under who I am, but finding this in a woman I'd see as physically attractive has so far proven to be like... well... like something you just don't find in this life.

___edit 8/20___
I often wonder about the "sense of humor" one people mention. I know I have a sense of humor, but I also know that I'm not always feeling humorous and that my kind of humor is not always understood. In a nutshell, I'm very sometimey with humor at both ends. I guess I wouldn't mind someone who is usually humorous, but it's probably best that she be more like I am in this area because I wouldn't want her to ever feel that I'm just not feeling her, and would also want her to not shun me because I'm not always funny.

jjam said:
-virtuous
-appreciates taciturnity
-appreciates intelligence, even if she's not very knowledgeable
-likes having fun (she's not a club or party animal, but is actually open to trying new things and doing things where the emphasis isn't on socializing with others)
-isn't so ambitious about career or any particular agenda, just wants to be at peace and live a simple and laid back kind of life

All of this falls under who I am, but finding this in a woman I'd see as physically attractive has so far proven to be like... well... like something you just don't find in this life.
Yeah, I seem to want to find those same qualities but it never turns out well. Hard to find and keep.

Im going to be drawn to certain types
of women and theyll be drawn to me...almost automatically.

It the differences that I must learn
how to appriciate. And the other
triats that she has that I dislike that
I must be tolerable of.

Most of not all the women Ive been with
are drop dead gorgeous. Different Econamics back grounds, education levels, religion, carreer center. Family center..etc..etc.

Most are all very out going.
Have a spunky or lively personally.

Some are down to earth like the girl next door..but very wild in bed.

Some are wild..wild and freaky in bed.

It dosnt matter what these women
wear..she can dress up or dress down..

Their personalities are sort of the same...behave or dont behave a certain
way.
All are cuacasian. All have big BOOBS.
Some are bigger than others.

nerdy/geeky
no drama, not fake
preferbly a light drinker or none at all, no drugs
is a homebody
doesnt give a honeysuckle about what others think
good sense of humor
cute as opposed to "hot" for those that will get what i mean by that

edgecrusher said:
nerdy/geeky
no drama, not fake
preferbly a light drinker or none at all, no drugs
is a homebody
good sense of humor
cute as opposed to "hot" for those that will get what i mean by that
Yeah. I like a homebody too. Large crowds freak me out and I'm socially awkward so a partyer is not for me.

honest.

with enough respect, empathy, thoughtfulness, and love...

one can be completely "honest" without having to sacrifice tact.

the problem is, well, i don't know what the problem is...

but most people just can't seem to do this.

honesty is the foundation that without nothing else will or can stand.

edgecrusher said:

i know what you mean. my ex was a validation-seeker from everyone around her. especially people that didn't matter. it was like the twilight zone. she didn't care what those closest to her (that loved her the most) thought of her, but she cared what her coworkers and acquaintances thought of her.

Female, Gamer, Anime/Manga fan, realtively short, not too short but not too tall, cute, Like a best friend only better, doesn't wear tons of make-up and stuff, she's gotta be someone i can trust and be myself around,and unlike most girls irl she doesn't just ignore/dismiss me whenever i'm there (unless she's actually busy of course)

Anyone know anyone that'll fit into all those categories that they can clone for me?

- honest
- real (not try to act anything...)
- loyal
- good sense of humor
- thoughtful
- romantic
- caring
- loving
- good communication between us
- similar interests
- taller than me
- normal weight

I dont have ''specific'' qualities about look. Everyone is good as they are and everyone is different, so I really cant say...

- feminine, girly girl.
- works out
- dislikes excessive gossip and drama
- strongly goal motivated
- outgoing, free spirit
- strong thinker
- believes in love, romance, sensuality
- likes to toy around with submissive and dominant roles, kinky in the bedroom

-Kind, Considerate and compassionate
-Appreciates me being a man by allowing me to treat her like a lady (there are a lot of defiant women out there)
-Loyal
-Respectful
-Smart
-Witty/Funny
-Emotional and sexually passionate

Latest posts

Back